Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Soo since my post ooo appt 2 weeks ago I gained a pound. I eat less than 900 cal a day. All Protein based, some vegis with minor exercise. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I know I can increase exercise and am slowly working into it. I just got cleared. Even with minimal exercise, I am eating significantly less, I should be losing. :-(

I don't ever meet fat, carbs, or sugar goals on my fitness pal. I sure hope something gives soon. It's kind of discouraging. I just keep reminding myself I've lost 20#s. That's fantastic.

Myfitnesspal is Samanthamegan3 Add me, I dunno if you can see what I ate. I tracked only 2 days but this is consistent with what I've been eating for 2 weeks. :-( help

Today I went off track with the potatoe chips (8 of them) and a pretzel rod. But Monday is a mirror image of my meals. I've been doing the same thing for 2 weeks

And I eat sushi no rice. But that option isn't on the app. So my carbs and cals are lower for Monday :-/

Time for a nutrition consult? Nutritionists are very helpful!

Mines rude and unhelpful she told me to keep doing what I'm doing

Ps I've been banded for 4 weeks. Maybe my body is adjusting...

I don't think nutrition consult will help much considering I typically minus my slip today eat all healthy food.

I've changed 90% of what I eat to healthier options

Here is a snap shot of Mondays nutritional facts break down.

post-355486-13838373751213_thumb.jpg

a lot of ppl have a time of adjustment after surgery where they might gain a few pounds or not lose anything. if you are only eating 900 cal. a day you will begin to see weight come off.

potato chips/pretzel rods have salt on them and made w/them..salt can make one retain Water.....i am sure you will pee it out..and the scale goes up and down all day long..

if you are eating good foods in your allotted amounts

drinking and exercising, why would anything be wrong??

it takes time to lose weight and you are still healing pretty much...just continue what you are doing....go by inches lost then by weighing every 5 min....those are true results.....(clothes too big etc)

not to worry ok :)

Weight varies from day to day as much as 5 to 8 lbs. Stop looking at the scale every minute and weigh yourself less often. It will drive you crazy if you do. You are doing everything right.

Weigh every day if you want to, but have one set day of the week and one set time on that day to actually record your weight... that really helped me see that I was losing even though it seemed like every day the scale was staying the same.

I am the same way. I am 3 weeks post op, and in the past week, I have gained 2 pounds. Not really sure why. I am eating good, not cheating, and eat only about 900 calories a day. I am thinking it has to do with healing (at least I hope). I go next week for my first fill. I am hoping that will bring some changes. You are doing a great job. Keep it up, and don't be discouraged. You will see progress, it just won't happen over night.

Thank you guys so much for the validation and responses. It's hard going through this. I do realize the potatoe chips and pretzel yesterday were not positive points. The only good thing about sodium and me, I don't really retain much Water. Yay low bp.

I will keep on trucking. I see my MD in 10 days. I hope it's just healing and not starvation mode. What a journey.