Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 weeks post op

So this week was 7 weeks post op. And although I feel good, no complications or anything at all.

But haven't lost any more weight. I've only lost about 8 lbs when I went to see my doc which was 4 weeks post op. And after the docs visit o haven't lost any! As a matter of fact I gained 1.8lbs. What the heck!! :/

I hope this is just a stage and that I start loosing more soon :(

What is your diet like? Do u feel like your eating too much.... I stayed the same for awhile. .but I have been very uncomfortable since I went back to work and sit all day. I am still not that hungry and am not drinking all my Water or getting my Protein down.. maybe half of what they want me to do... I am frustrated also...but each day is getting better for me..

I don't think I'm eating too much, I'm very careful when I'm.eating and constantly asking myself how I'm feeling and careful not too over eat, because I don't want to be in pain cuz of my over eating.

My skin feels thinner if that even makes sense, and I see my legs and thighs smaller. People usually say my face looks thinner. So I don't know maybe I'm loosing inches?

I should have measured myself so I can see if theres a difference there. But I guess I have to wait it out, my doc said I would loose super slow due to my body genetics and metabolism, maybe he is right .

In the meanwhile I will keep trying and waiting.

I had my sleeve done 3 months ago. I lost a ton of Water weight right away (about 18 pounds) and then my body said, whoa, and I lost nothing for the next month. Now, I'm finding that I am dropping weight at about 2-3 pounds a week.

I get my protien in by drinking only 1 shake a day that has 30 grams of protien, and then eating the rest. The best shake I found is from costco. It's called Premier Protein & it comes in chocolate & vanilla (or at least that's all they stock!). I only like it cold, so i may have 1/2 in the morning for my Breakfast & a few hours later drink the rest as my snack. Of course it takes me about a half hour to do so each time.

I have been eating a small can of tuna around 2 p.m. for my lunch - which has 12 grams of protien & I use a smidgen of mayo (you still need some fat) turning it into a wrap w/ one romain lettuce leaf. Then I eat a small dinner w/ my family & then a fruit snack or cheese stick if i'm short on protien at the end of the day.

Best thing is, I don't feel deprived, I'm trying to move more & it's working. I think the plateau I hit after the first few weeks was just the body getting used to the new eating plan & I also gained a pound or 2 in the beginning, but it's just that I wasn't drinking enough. I returned to my unsweetened ice tea (that I love) and found I was drinking more & the pounds started dropping again. Good luck!

Are you able to get all your Water in... I am stuck on maybe 40 oz a day.. I want to keep loosing... ! Are you doing any exercising yet? Today is a month since my surgery. .I still am taking pain medication daily and just starting to feel better.. it has been a tuff month for me.. I still am very weak and feel exhausted by the time I get home after work. I want this to pass ! I want this burst of energy everyone talks about.