Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have they found the Boxes Jesus was buried in?

I don't know if anyone has heard the news, but there is a claim that the boxes that Jesus and his family were buried in have been found.

"While the Bible tells the story of Jesus and his resurrection, this box could show physical evidence that he existed, was buried and that he had a son, Judah."

While that might upset those that believe in the word for word Bible, it will not interfere with my faith, because, I don't care if it was the human body of Jesus that was resurrected or a hologram type image that one could put their hand through. It is all the same to me.

I guess some group will come out with a new connotation of the word “resurrected” (was that in Greek, Hebrew of Aramaic?), so that the people who need a literal Bible can say, "I told you so", while others will deny any facts that may be shown "as science run a muck".

It is nice to know that until "Global Warming" destroys the Earth (or at least its ability to support human life), there will be something interesting to debate.

The deceiver will do anythin to discredit God... even present fake scientific evidence. It is written in the prophecies...
What is written and where?

Revelation 13

1[AS] [a]I stood on the sandy beach, I saw a beast coming up out of the sea with ten horns and seven heads. On his horns he had ten royal crowns (diadems) and blasphemous titles (names) on his heads.

2And the beast that I saw resembled a leopard, but his feet were like those of a bear and his mouth was like that of a lion. And to him the dragon gave his [own] might and power and his [own] throne and great dominion.

3And one of his heads seemed to have a deadly wound. But his death stroke was healed; and the whole earth went after the beast in amazement and admiration.

4They fell down and paid homage to the dragon, because he had bestowed on the beast all his dominion and authority; they also praised and worshiped the beast, exclaiming, Who is a match for the beast, and, Who can make war against him?

5And the beast was given the power of speech, uttering boastful and blasphemous words, and he was given freedom to exert his authority and to exercise his will during forty-two months (three and a half years).(A)

6And he opened his mouth to speak slanders against God, blaspheming His name and His abode, [even vilifying] those who live in heaven.

7He was further permitted to wage war on God's holy people (the saints) and to overcome them. And power was given him to extend his authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation,(B)

8And all the inhabitants of the earth will fall down in adoration and pay him homage, everyone whose name has not been recorded in the Book of Life of the Lamb that was slain [in sacrifice] [b]from the foundation of the world.

9If anyone is able to hear, let him listen:

10Whoever leads into captivity will himself go into captivity; if anyone slays with the sword, with the sword must he be slain. Herein is [the call for] the patience and the faith and fidelity of the saints (God's people).(C)

11Then I saw another beast rising up out of the land [itself]; he had two horns like a lamb, and he spoke (roared) like a dragon.

12He exerts all the power and right of control of the former beast in his presence, and causes the earth and those who dwell upon it to exalt and deify the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed, and to worship him.

13He performs great signs (startling miracles), even making fire fall from the sky to the earth in men's sight.

14And because of the signs (miracles) which he is allowed to perform in the presence of the [first] beast, he deceives those who inhabit the earth, commanding them to erect a statue (an image) in the likeness of the beast who was wounded by the [small] sword and still lived.(D)

15And he is permitted [also] to impart the breath of life into the beast's image, so that the statue of the beast could actually talk and cause to be put to death those who would not bow down and worship the image of the beast.(E)

16Also he compels all [alike], both small and great, both the rich and the poor, both free and slave, to be marked with an inscription [[c]stamped] on their right hands or on their foreheads,

17So that no one will have power to buy or sell unless he bears the stamp (mark, inscription), [that is] the name of the beast or the number of his name. 18Here is [room for] discernment [a call for the wisdom [d]of interpretation]. Let anyone who has intelligence (penetration and insight enough) calculate the number of the beast, for it is a human number [the number of a certain man]; his number is 666.

19Then I saw the beast and the rulers and leaders of the earth with their troops mustered to go into battle and make war against Him Who is mounted on the horse and against His troops.

20And the beast was seized and overpowered, and with him the false prophet who in his presence had worked wonders and performed miracles by which he led astray those who had accepted or permitted to be placed upon them the stamp (mark) of the beast and those who paid homage and gave divine honors to his statue. Both of them were hurled alive into the fiery lake that burns and blazes with brimstone.

Where is the part about the " fake scientific evidence"?

Many people have contended for years that when Christ rose from the dead, that it was not corporeal, but a visible spirit before the women. Would that be any less of a miracle?

Matthew 28:

1: In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

2: And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.

3: His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow:

4: And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men.

5: And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.

6: He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.

7: And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.

8: And they departed quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great joy; and did run to bring his disciples word.

9: And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.

10: Then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid: go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me.

1-Corinthians: 15

1: Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2: By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3: For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4: And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

5: And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:

6: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

7: After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.

I cant believe you would even entertain this bunk, it is total fiction, and yes Jesus was ressurected and did ascend into heaven, the same way He will return. There are no bones to find, and He certainly did not marry Mary Magdelen, much less father a child. Letha is right, this is a perfect example of the phrophesy that a different gospel would be preached that would tickle the ears of people and this certanily is a different Jesus that the one in the Holy Bible. C'mon, DNA evidence? Just not possible.

I dont care if I am politically incorrect on this one, it is pure garbage and I am sad that anyone Christian or otherwise would even look twice at this.

So T. O. M. not wanting to ruffle your feathers but honestly, do your homework before challeging Letha, because this is fulfilling phrophesy, and she is correct according to the bible I read, in Hebrew, and Greek, and I do not think this is funny at all.

I cant believe you would even entertain this bunk, it is total fiction, and yes Jesus was ressurected and did ascend into heaven, the same way He will return. There are no bones to find, and He certainly did not marry Mary Magdelen, much less father a child. Letha is right, this is a perfect example of the phrophesy that a different gospel would be preached that would tickle the ears of people and this certanily is a different Jesus that the one in the Holy Bible. C'mon, DNA evidence? Just not possible.

I dont care if I am politically incorrect on this one, it is pure garbage and I am sad that anyone Christian or otherwise would even look twice at this.

So T. O. M. not wanting to ruffle your feathers but honestly, do your homework before challeging Letha, because this is fulfilling phrophesy, and she is correct according to the bible I read, in Hebrew, and Greek, and I do not think this is funny at all.

I did not and will not attack you or Leatha for your beliefs. I just asked where (Book & verse#) the prophecy that she wrote about was regarding: presenting fake scientific evidence. Please feel free to enlighten me if you know the answer.
even present fake scientific evidence. It is written in the prophecies...

Again let me repeat one question and add one more:

#1: Many people have contended for years that when Christ rose from the dead, that it was not corporeal, but a visible spirit before the women. Would that be any less of a miracle?

#2: Is there any place in the Bible (Book & verse#) that excludes the possiblity of Jesus being married?

Question to think about besides the topic of this thread:

Was Martin Luther King less of a spiritual leader because he was married?

Was Moses less of a prophet because he was married?

Is George BuSh less of a leader because he is married?

Is Billy Graphem less of a spiritual leader because he was married?

This absolutely fascinates me. I don't understand why anyone would be threatened by the possibility of actual scientific proof that Jesus was a real person and had a family. From my POV it could make Christianity even more attractive to many people.

I'll certainly be watching.

Considering Jesus' tomb was BORROWED, from Joseph of Areamathea (sp?) it would stand to reason that there would be a family inside that tomb...Josheph of A's family, not Jesus'.

well, not to stir anything up, but I do believe that Jesus was married and fathered children. The early catholic church covered much of this information up.

I have my geneology done all the way past Christ, and He happens to be in it.

Now, I will leave this thread because I don't want to be in a heated debate. - Cheers!

I've been reading everything I can about the upcoming documentary and am very excited to see it.

I go back and forth between thinking there is a possibility that there was a historical Jesus, (a regular person around whom mythology grew) and thinking he did not ever exist at all. If this tomb pans out it would be fascinating, and would make me even more interested in how the folklore turned into what it is today.

Then too, it's always amusing to watch bible devotees conveniently dismiss things like this as "Satan's deception". It's a brilliant strategy, really, to build-in a failsafe against anything that would even question Christian ideas. I have to hand it to the church founders on that one. It's a great way to ensure that any proof offered that Christianity being a load of bunk is dismissed immediately.

I am currently reading a great book "The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold". I recommend it to anyone interested in Christianity. It explores the indentical nature of the Jesus myth and other, earlier dieties. I'm interested as to how the author would respond to this new finding.

Wow, I can't wait to see the show!:nervous

Ahhh, smatyas, you just can leave us hanging with a post like that. :heh:

I for one, will watch the show, see what it says then comment.

I remember all the hype there was about finding Jimmy Hoffa's body in some "rediscovered patch of dirt under some club" that Heraldo "found"

Lord, what a bunch of crap that was.

So, we will see what the show actually says and doesnt say.

I think its all for the ratings and $$$$. I am going to TIVO it so I dont have to watch the commericals.

Wasnt one of the boxes that was "found" in there already proven to be a fake anyway????

Ahhh, smatyas, you just can leave us hanging with a post like that. :heh:

Ok. Jesus, according to my geneology is my 63rd great grandfather. How can that be if he didn't father children?

And to set the record straight before it gets twisted. There wasn't any doctoring or cheating to make it that way.

I'm not here to debate about this either. I have my beliefs and don't try to press them on others, so I hope that no one will try to press thiers on me.:(

The thing I can never, ever understand is why learning, expanding and growing into a better person - perhaps even a better Christian - is a bad thing. My ex used to go crazy if anyone, however innocently, questioned anything written in the Bible or spoken from his church's pulpit. Blasphemey is one of his buzz words. How ignorant do you have to be to allow yourself to be that brainwashed, that indoctrinated? In his case, pretty darned ignorant!

The thing I can never, ever understand is why learning, expanding and growing into a better person - perhaps even a better Christian - is a bad thing. My ex used to go crazy if anyone, however innocently, questioned anything written in the Bible or spoken from his church's pulpit. Blasphemey is one of his buzz words. How ignorant do you have to be to allow yourself to be that brainwashed, that indoctrinated? In his case, pretty darned ignorant!

I dunno...but when I die...if I find out that there's really nothing after this life, I've lost nothing by professing faith in the Son of God. The opposite couldn't be said by those without faith when they come face to face with God.