Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Revision Surgery - Band With Plication Set For My Birthday!

Well I made it through surgery ok' date=' and I'm at home doing well. I really don't have pain just discomfort from gas, by walking helps with that.

[/quote']

Good for you! How are you feeling? How was your experience? Where did you have it done?

Good for you! How are you feeling? How was your experience? Where did you have it done?

I'm feeling fine, the only thing I feel that's different from just the lapband surgery (remember I already had the lapband it had slipped) is that my stomach is making noises kinda like when you are hungry but I'm not. The whole experience was wonderful from the nurses to my doctor. First of all I was the first one scheduled at my request, so when I got there it was really quiet until we had everyone laughing. My nurse pulled a joke on me, I told her I was afraid of her not finding my vein because its always been an issue. But she got it on the first try, then she said that the IV wasn't working but it was. Then my doctor comes in with a big smile on his face and gave me a big hug. It was the best experience I've ever had it really didn't want to leave. I had my surgery at the Fort Worth Surgery Center in TX.

I'm feeling fine' date=' the only thing I feel that's different from just the lapband surgery (remember I already had the lapband it had slipped) is that my stomach is making noises kinda like when you are hungry but I'm not. The whole experience was wonderful from the nurses to my doctor. First of all I was the first one scheduled at my request, so when I got there it was really quiet until we had everyone laughing. My nurse pulled a joke on me, I told her I was afraid of her not finding my vein because its always been an issue. But she got it on the first try, then she said that the IV wasn't working but it was. Then my doctor comes in with a big smile on his face and gave me a big hug. It was the best experience I've ever had it really didn't want to leave. I had my surgery at the Fort Worth Surgery Center in TX.

[/quote']

I'm happy it went so well for you! So the lapband was removed then? I see some get both! Can I ask you why you chose plication instead of sleeve? ( I ask myself the same question as the time gets nearer lol) anyway I'm glad you are doing well! Back to the liquids hey!

I'm happy it went so well for you! So the lapband was removed then? I see some get both! Can I ask you why you chose plication instead of sleeve? ( I ask myself the same question as the time gets nearer lol) anyway I'm glad you are doing well! Back to the liquids hey!

I actually got both band with plication. I personally didn't want to do the sleeve since it cuts off some of the stomach, and plus it get the benefit of the band if I need it down the road. Yes I'm back on liquids but its not that bad this time right now I'm not even hungry I hope it stays that way till I can do soft foods.

I actually got both band with plication. I personally didn't want to do the sleeve since it cuts off some of the stomach' date=' and plus it get the benefit of the band if I need it down the road. Yes I'm back on liquids but its not that bad this time right now I'm not even hungry I hope it stays that way till I can do soft foods.[/quote']

Good for you! How exciting! So your band is empty now though right? Thanks for your answers;)

"Bos123

Yes right now my band is empty, I can't remember when my Dr. said my first fill would be, but I am scheduled for my next appointment on the 29th. I don't mind answering your questions, I just wish more people would open up on this site so we can be better informed. So ask away!

"Bos123

Yes right now my band is empty' date=' I can't remember when my Dr. said my first fill would be, but I am scheduled for my next appointment on the 29th. I don't mind answering your questions, I just wish more people would open up on this site so we can be better informed. So ask away![/quote']

I know! I was just searching the Internet for more plication info and man is that a scary thing to do! Of course all of the opinions and statements are from those who DIDN'T have it! People say its not reversible, the stomach is messed up after, stitches could pop or loosen after swelling goes down, could not revise to a sleeve if needed... I just need to quit

Looking! I shouldn't have! What do you know about it? I'm thinking I'm just gonna quit

Looking. Do you have any knowledge or

Positive feed back about how it's goin for you? Even if the above had some truth, same goes for other surgeries right?? Freakin last minute nerves are gonna be the death of me:( I want to

Look through rose colored glasses! My ideal is to get the plication, have no issue, loose weight be happy play with my kids! What about hunger? Do you feel a crazy hunger that cannot be taken care of becauseof ghrenalin even after eating?

My advise stop looking!!!! I did the same thing as you and got real nervous even did it right after surgury and freaked out my husband and he started looking wow I wish I never wasted my engery and nerves lol I love how I feel no complications at all Down 21lbs and 18 inches and I hope everything is fine I try to think less about it and say I know how I feel and if I don't feel right I will go to a hospital withy records and they will have to fix me we have the best hospitals here and I feel confidant that I will not be the one that has a problem dr corvalas told me complications happen in the first 24 hours if they are going to I think there is always a worry with any surgury but also think I would not have these feelings if I had it here any help I can be let me know!

My advise stop looking!!!! I did the same thing as you and got real nervous even did it right after surgury and freaked out my husband and he started looking wow I wish I never wasted my engery and nerves lol I love how I feel no complications at all Down 21lbs and 18 inches and I hope everything is fine I try to think less about it and say I know how I feel and if I don't feel right I will go to a hospital withy records and they will have to fix me we have the best hospitals here and I feel confidant that I will not be the one that has a problem dr corvalas told me complications happen in the first 24 hours if they are going to I think there is always a worry with any surgury but also think I would not have these feelings if I had it here any help I can be let me know!

I agree with Davell23, you will hear good and bad things about all of the weight loss surgeries. Everybody is different and their bodies will respond differently to each surgery. I know it's hard not to worry but try not to, you will drive yourself crazy in the end. Going into my surgery I told my doctor if anything went wrong I was leaving, it was a sign I shouldn't have the surgery. Well my surgery went off without a hitch, in fact all I do is laugh when I think about how we acted up Wednesday morning. I was all worried for nothing. I would focus my mind on what changes need to be done after the surgery. Like eating slowly and smaller portions.

I know you guys are right. My husband asks me, "why don't you get the sleeve? It's the same price, higher weight loss, permanent, no ghrenalin..." My answer is... Idk. There's something just too permanent about it. ( my mom had it done and was in the 1%) she almost died and still has complications 7 mos later. So it's also more intrusive. Maybe I am comforted in some way by not hearing any bad things about post plication... Maybe because there is not enough data, maybe because its just safer. Who's to say... I suppose its the fear most of us prob have about failing too. Like what if I pay this money and it doesn't work (is this possible?) will I wish I had the sleeve? It must work right? People have it done, where r they lol? I wish this forum was busier.. One can take comfort in hearing others stories. So thank you two for sharing, it means a lot to me:) any successes you have or nsv you would like to share would be appreciated:)

Bos123

When and where are you having your surgery?

Dec 3! I haven't looked at the Internet lately so I'm not near as worked up as I was lol...

Well today marks my week post surgery (revision surgery Nov. 14th) and I am glad to report that I am down 10lbs. I can also tell the difference between being just banded and also having plication as well. I hope to keep moving the the right direction but as of today I am very pleased.

Well today marks my week post surgery (revision surgery Nov. 14th) and I am glad to report that I am down 10lbs. I can also tell the difference between being just banded and also having plication as well. I hope to keep moving the the right direction but as of today I am very pleased.

What is the difference in feeling? Just curious as I considered the band initially:)

What is the difference in feeling? Just curious as I considered the band initially:)

I know everybody is different but when I first got my band I was still hungry after surgery (granted it was empty) now I seem to not be hungry at all. Plus I losing more weight now with the plication then I did before with the band. I'm not saying that plication is better than the band because it to early to say that but I am noticing differences and its only been one week.