Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Think I am leaving this board

Maybe NOW the thread can be killed? It was a three day 'good bye'.

I stand corrected. Now it's SIX days...and I'm sure we'll make it to 7, 8, 9...

:drama: :bewaremod:

Actor: Oh the agony of it all. Oh the sorrow, Oh the humanity!

(spin spin spin, place hand to head, fall down on floor, and

twitch.....

twitch................

twitch........................

deep gasp and upheaval then final slump and now motionless. )

LOL!! They should make a animicon for this. LOL!!

Hey Dahlia, I can hear the sadness and stess in your words. I just want to wish you all the best with your efforts to get the band. I am sending some good vibes your way. Remember positive energy attracts positive things into your life. Take care. Susannah

Thanks - but I tried to find a place to either send a moderator something or to quit my membership but couldn't. Also, I have posted back to this thread like 4 times and my posts don't show - but yet other people's do....so I'm done...

to any moderators please remove my membership

No need for a membership or to cancel a membership to stop reading and responding to posts.

But what do I know? I'm just a silly girl that sees you keeping a thread alive. Funny how that works.

Yeah, the easiest thing to do is to STOP COMING BACK.

Darl'en...

You are my absolute favorite poster for a reason! ;o)

Thank you! You know, I haven't known you for long, but I think we are going to be friends.

On the issue of leaving the board, I honestly don't get it. I mean, with every other message board I have ever belonged to, we could tell who we would be seeing again (whether or not they were in the same incarnation) just by whether or not they made a big, long, "woe is me" goodbye speech. Everyone that was serious about leaving (including me) just left one day and never came back.

I stand corrected. Now it's SIX days...and I'm sure we'll make it to 7, 8, 9...

:drama: :bewaremod:

I was RIGHT!?????? :biggrin1: Nine days of "Goodbye Girl".

Can ya give me a 10, 10, 10, 10?????

In response to what BubbleButt and some others said!

1- Why didn't I leave after I said I was...for two reasons a) a few people nicely sent some private messages and asked that I give the board another shot. And :) because everyday I come into my email and there is some message sitting there saying a response.

2- I NEVER asked for anyone to GIVE me anything for free or for less than anyone else. I simply asked if anyone knew of any Drs that took payments. I then later asked what people would think of an organization to help those less fortunate. Popular to what you all think I was not talking about myself...before I posted that I found out that I am not able to even undergo surgery myself right now due to some medical issues that I frankly don't feel comfortable disussing on here now. The reason I asked about that kind of organization is because that is what I do. My family feeds the homeless in our area of Los Angeles and does charity work. Brought it up as an idea...I had no idea the kind of flack I would get.

And to BubbleButt - yes even though you paid cash you were blessed. Any of us who are blessed enough in life to have a good job, be able to save money, have help from anyone else, or are just plain good with financing are blessed. If you didn't like the wording - sorry. But, you don't know me...you judge by reading a few posts and assume I am asking for a handout. Funny thing is I have never taken a handout in my life, never will. I am not that type of person.

I hope that you all know that just because this is ONLY a computer group and not real life...that you can still hurt people. People come onto these online communities looking for help, support and sometiems just a little human contact. If that's a bad thing then fine. I am sure we have all had times in our lives when we have needed someone else to talk to us or help us out emotionally, if you haven't yet...believe me someday you will.

I made the mistake of thinking that reaching out on an internet board might help, that was my stupidity.

I wish you all luck in whatever you do.

** to any moderator I ask again please remove my account...I am unable to fina a way to do this on the board so far.

Dahlia

Hmmm...

Well, I just went and read every single post you have written on this forum and I can see why others are reacting as they are. Each post you have written has been something along the lines of, "Who will give me my surgery for free," or "Who will risk giving me a loan when I have no money, no sure fire way to pay it back, and a track record of not paying my bills," or "Who will start a charity so people like me can get free surgery?"

I think you might want to consider the fact that many people are in your shoes. They busted their back side and did everything it took to pay for the surgery on their own. They scrimped, saved, borrowed, paid huge interest rates, sold their belongings... they did whatever they had to do. When you come along wanting to know how you can get yours free it sends a message that kinda sorta rubs people the wrong way.

I have also seen you post this same material on OH as well. You didn't get any responses in a couple of your threads so you just kept reposting the same material over and over again. Apparently when you were ignored over there, you came over here. At least people here were honest with you.

Some of the Mexican surgeons used to say that if you could pay $5K up front, they would personally finance the rest. Or, IOW, they would carry you. Sooooooo many people snubbed their noses at their kindness and just walked away with their band and never repaid these people that now most that I know won't offer any deals at all. Cash money up front or no deal. Can you blame them? I sure don't. They aren't doing this for their health, they are a business like any other.

I might have more empathy for you had you done ANYTHING to offer support to others here. No, you didn't. Instead all you did was look around for someone to pay for your surgery. It strikes me as being quite selfish. Understand, I am not saying you are a selfish person, I have no clue one way or another. But when you come to a place of support and offer nothing but want everything, I think you might find you are giving people the wrong impression.

I paid cash for my surgery. I wasn't "blessed" (as you explained in an earlier thread) because I paid for my surgery, it's my money. I earned it. God didn't earn it, my neighbors didn't earn it, I did. Nothing to be blessed over regarding that. Sadly, it would appear you'll need to do the same. Earn it.

Good luck to you.

I once posted a farewell post here. There was turmoil and I didn't want to be around it anymore. I still have not returned to my former activity. I am here, usually responding to certain posts. I rarely start threads anymore. I have removed most of my pictures, my birth date, and my personal info. Alex and the mods took care of the problem and I decided to return and give LBT another chance. I have friends here, in real life and on line only. I have band sisters here. I need support, and I give support (mostly via pm). This place can be great, it also seems to get nasty sometimes. Dahlia, I am sorry you didn't get such a warm welcome. Feel free to PM me anytime. I don't have any info about charity, and I was blessed to be covered by my insurance after a ton of appeals. I will gladly be your support if I can. I don't pretend to know why some people do/say what they do, I am only responsible for myself and I am trying to reach out to you if you are still willing to let that happen. A belated welcome to LBT to you. ~Mandy