Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgeon let us all know in orientation he will not perform surgery if you gain weight but he doesn't require weight loss. If the requirement to lose weight is based solely on insurance, you definitely should contact your insurance company. It might give the chance to make a connection with a case worker or nurse coordinator. I called my insurance to ask a bunch of questions and I ended up with a case manager. She calls me every couple of weeks and we talk about diet, activity, stress and whatever else comes up. She is also in touch with surgeons office and plans to make her own recommendation when the paperwork is submitted. I'm praying for a quick approval. :-) Good luck!

I called Cigna and they told me that if I were to have lost a lot then it wouldn't be a need for surgical intervention. They said if anything it would benefit my request for approval and prove my struggle with weight loss. Suprised! I submitted to Insurance today too. Now im excited.

I called Cigna and they told me that if I were to have lost a lot then it wouldn't be a need for surgical intervention. They said if anything it would benefit my request for approval and prove my struggle with weight loss. Suprised! I submitted to Insurance today too. Now im excited.

That's awesome BJ. Keep us informed!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

Sweet! I'm excited for you! I can't wait to submit my paper work. 3 more weeks...

Sweet! I'm excited for you! I can't wait to submit my paper work. 3 more weeks...

Mskami77 I'll be submitting my paper work in 2 1/2 weeks : )

Cool! Maybe we'll have surgery around the same time. I'm going to be a nervous wreck until I get a date!

Cool! Maybe we'll have surgery around the same time. I'm going to be a nervous wreck until I get a date!

That would be cool. I know. I'm nervous, excited and everything in between!!!

It could be any day now... Still waiting for insurance approval. For my fellow Cigna insurers, how long did it take for you all?

It could be any day now... Still waiting for insurance approval. For my fellow Cigna insurers' date=' how long did it take for you all?[/quote']

my close friend had RNY with Cigna, she waited long though, I think close to 2 weeks. Good luck :)

I'm going through this same situation. I lost a few lbs for my first 2 appointments and them gained my last two. Total gain from original weight was 1 or 4 lbs ...don't remember specifically. I was told by a friend who had the surgery it didn't matter if i lost or gained i just needed to go.... i in all honesty did not take the visits seriously.

So wed the dr office submitted my paperwork...i decided to go on the aetna website to check requirements just to look at them...it was there i read you could not gain weight during the dietician visits. I called my coordinator and she said not to worry about it but i can't help but be concerned as well. I should find out soon if I'm approved.....i just hope i don't get denied over 4 lbs max....i know i could doit just didn't realize it was a requirement.or i would have been disciplined! So mad at myself. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed for you! Let us know what happens!

It could be any day now... Still waiting for insurance approval. For my fellow Cigna insurers' date=' how long did it take for you all?[/quote']

I have cigna as well. Pain in the butt. I got denied twice before they finally approved. My doctor had to make my case sound really good before they would approve. Each time they submitted it took maybe 3 days before hearing a reply. Just remember if they deny you, don't give up, it's probably something simple that your doctor forgot to submit. I also heard that if they continue to deny you that it is good to appeal. Just don't give up. Good Luck to you.

Sooooo I called my insurance this morning because I couldn't take the suspense and they told me I was approved!!!

B.J, I have Aetna which I know is not the same as yours but hopefully the outcome will be the same since it was a small gain. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Sooooo I called my insurance this morning because I couldn't take the suspense and they told me I was approved!!! B.J' date=' I have Aetna which I know is not the same as yours but hopefully the outcome will be the same since it was a small gain. Keeping my fingers crossed for you![/quote']

Congrats!!

Sooooo I called my insurance this morning because I couldn't take the suspense and they told me I was approved!!!

B.J' date=' I have Aetna which I know is not the same as yours but hopefully the outcome will be the same since it was a small gain. Keeping my fingers crossed for you![/quote']

Your post just made me happy! I hope Aetna approves mine quickly. I won't submit till October 7 or 8.

Your post just made me happy! I hope Aetna approves mine quickly. I won't submit till October 7 or 8.

I was totally suprised it took this short of time to approve! My coordinator told me she submitted wednesday afternoon right after my final appointment and come Monday morning I called and it had just been approved right before I called! Aetna told me it only takes 7 to 10 days and my coordinator told me 3 weeks but it came in 5 days so I was super excited! I'll say a little prayer yours comes quick as well! :D