Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November surgeries?

I was the same way - it gets better darlin, promise. Other than incisions, I really don't feel much right now. The liquids get easier each day out too. I had yogurt my first day home and could only finish half. Last night, I ate the whole cup! Took me 45 mins but I did do it!! I pooped on day 4 and was so proud of myself!! Lol you will get there!! Keep it up!

I was the same way - it gets better darlin, promise. Other than incisions, I really don't feel much right now. The liquids get easier each day out too. I had yogurt my first day home and could only finish half. Last night, I ate the whole cup! Took me 45 mins but I did do it!! I pooped on day 4 and was so proud of myself!! Lol you will get there!! Keep it up!

I just finished a whole bottle of water...it took a while but I did it! And I can't wait to poop!! It's the little things in life, right? Lol

Woohoo!! That's awesome! I ate a whole cup of yogurt last night. Go figure!!

Has anyone had a hiatal hernia repair along with their bypass operation. I need some insight into what I am feeling.

Did it take you a long time to recover? I am only 9 days post op, but feel so bad. Others seem to be bouncing back a lot quicker than me and I am getting so discouraged.

Hmm you know it took me a lot longer than it seems everyone else on here did too. I also ended up with 7 incisions and not the 4 he told me to expect. At 10 days post op I was back in the hospital with dehydration and extreme (like level 10 I couldn't move without screaming) pain. I'm now 3 weeks out and still in pain but it's manageable. I'm still on full liquids too while a lot of ppl just out of hospital are talking about eating what is on my phase 3 diet that doesn't start until 4 weeks. I snuck some mashed potatoes today and they didn't last very long...made me very ill :(

I have 6 incisions, one more than friends. I just can't get over tightness in chest. I have liquids for 3 weeks, then puréed food for 3 weeks and on 7th week I can start soft foods. Every dr is different, but ours seem the same. I am trying, but only get in 70 grams Protein and min of 32 oz Water. Go to see Dr for post op appt on Mon. Hope I see him and not physicians assistant, who I saw in hospital and said I might see her afterwards. Daughter got worried during surgery because operation took an hour longer than he told her because of the size of hernia

Wow you aren't from Dallas are you? Our doctor sounds the same. I met my surgeon at my first consult, then for 30 seconds right before surgery. Haven't seen or heard from him since. I've gotten more support from the RN that my insurance company assigned to me. My tightness lasted at least 2 weeks and everyone says it but walking really does help. Unfortunately it hurt too bad to walk so I would have to tough it out and would take 10 minutes walks down my street every night and it finally cleared out. Are you also taking gasx strips? Those helped a lot

Also, try sleeping propped up and not laying flat. That helped me a LOT! I went and got one of those big pregnancy pillows that wrapped around me and made me more comfortable. My RN also told me to put ice packs on my chest and that helped me to feel good as well.

All sounds so familiar... The what ifs.. The doubts.. The why did I do this.. My bypass was done on the 18th and once I was allowed to add some cottage cheese and that level ( day 7 ) everything just got a lot better ! I had a major abdominal hernia repair with my surgery and a liver biopsy.. Can't seem to get enough liquids and Proteins in yet but each day is getting better!

Water seemed to fill my pouch and made me feel terrible... Once I added crystal light or mio drops to it that stopped the way tooooo full feeling a bit! Anyone have that one?? And we all survived our first eating Holiday! Happy up turkey overstuffed day

I'm from Whittier, California. Alimarie you are the first person to tell me you had the same pain in chest. In hospital it was so bad, they gave me a breakthrough shot and in morning an EKG and blood work. Not taking gasx, do you think this is because of gas. Is that something I can get OTC or by prescription? Will try ice. Took a pain pill and not tearful any more.

Yes I bet it's the gas!! That's what it was for me but are you using your incentive spirometer? It hurt sooo bad to take a deep breath but it helps to prevent pneumonia! The gas-x strips are over the counter and you can get them at any pharmacy. You just place them on your tongue and they dissolve. Tastes like mint and works quickly. I also had a lot of pain settle in my neck and shoulder that took about 2 weeks to go away. Honestly the first time I was able to cough without feeling like i has just been shot, I knew I was finally getting better.

No, lax on spirometer. Will start again. I did this surgery for medical reasons, diabetes, high blood pressure, reflux, high cholesterol, kidney problems. Sometimes I hate to take meds or do procedures beyond what I have too. No problem with Vitamin therapy, but so tired of meds. Off 2 already and see PCP on Mon to discuss course now that I have had surgery. She's a great Dr. It was her idea for the surgery. I never even thought I would be eligible for it. My daughter and granddaughter have both had it, but my weight alone did not qualify me. My medical issues did. I'm lucky, I have a Craftmatic bed, so sleep with head and feet elevated. Helped with reflux.

Hey friends... Sorry it took so long for a reply but I've felt like I've been hit by a semi. There were complications with my surgery. They weren't able to intubate me or use their balloon down my throat to create the pouch. They said that 2 nurse anesthetist and an anesthesiologist both tried and no one was able. They had to to do an internal approach to create the pouch and also fixed a hiatal hernia. I'm just in so much pain. I was able to pass gas. Lol. Still no BM. TMI.

I had a moment yesterday. I was asking myself, "What did I just do". I was really regretting it. I'm sure it will pass.