Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone...I had my surgery on august 1st...I weighed 217...I am 8 weeks out and have only lost 24 lbs...coming off verrrrry sloooow...oh well' date=' better slow than none huh??....im feeling ok...still tired at times..can tolerate most food without any problems...still not getting alll my fluids in tho...getting aprox 60-70 gr of Protein and 800-1000 cal... dont see the doc till nov 18th now..[/quote']

I wouldn't be discouraged you seem to be losing about the same as everyone else. I've also read on here the smaller you are the slower you lose! Keep up the good work!

I still have some problems getting in all of my liquid consistently' date=' but have no problems getting enough Protein. I have been having more head hunger which I think has been related to stress. Uuum I just had a partial thyroidectomy 2 days ago and am recovering. Right now I have a mix of emotions. I am thankful that I don't have thyroid cancer! I want to exercise and I can't cause I'm recovering. I'm thinking about the other half of my thyroid and hopes that it won't go into shock and can produce enough hormone so I don't have to go through thyroid meds.... So much more has happened this week that has been frustrating. All of this has got me a bit freaked out because I just want to lose, lose, lose, which has been slow cause this is a revision for me. I feel scared of failing, because I want this so badly and lately I just feel like...am I going to let myself down? Has anyone else had that feeling...like you just don't know if you can do this (especially during stress). Sometimes it scares me to feel this way, because I can't fail.[/quote']

I think most of us go thru the same thing wondering if we will be successful. I'm sure that we will! We are all works in progress and we will lose this weight. Being a revision and not having much success with the band I think I'll do better this time around as I've already made healthier decisions then I did in the past and my current progress is so much better than it was with the band! Keep doing what you are doing because ts working and remember we are winners!

Tomorrow marks 6 weeks and the end of restrictions! I am so taking a bath or hottub dip! On to Water aerobics and weight lifting. Gotta get these chicken wings pumping.

Last I checked I was down 43 lbs. I try not to weigh to often and use my clothes as a guide. All my pants that I wore before surgery are very big but I try to still wear them with cute tops. I however have found old slacks and jeans that I am currently enjoying plus a couple of new items. Most days I don't eat enough but I'm a work in progress. I've been following your post and you are dong great! My Mom had the same surgery you had 21 years ago and she's my inspiration!

That's great! Has ur mom kept the weight off? Well I've ate bad today.its hard on Sundays because my husband pastors n wen e go to Church we always go out n eat with ppl n today they picked my favorite Chinese buffet :( I no I over ate, it was with me all day!! Now Tomoro we are headed to smokey mtns. For a week, I Hope I do good. We have a indoor pool there so i'm gonna still do my Water arobics while i'm there. N I bought some special food for myself. I didn't come this far to goof it up. :) you need to eat. Don't go w/o eating. U need ur Protein. We need to preach to each other tokeep each of us in tune. :) God bless

That's wonderful!!

Vicki...do you think it's just slower because you had the revision? I think you are doing great.

Im not sure cris..i hear about being slower with revision...what does that mean? is it because we already lost weight?

Im not sure cris..i hear about being slower with revision...what does that mean? is it because we already lost weight?

That's what I was thinking.

That's what I was thinking.

but honestly, your doing awesome!! I wish i could lose just a little faster....groan...

but honestly' date=' your doing awesome!! I wish i could lose just a little faster....groan...[/quote']

Me to vicki. im still at 39lbs n i'm 8wks out. I haven't lost any in a week ago Friday..i've ate good all last week or at least I think I did. Avg 650cal. Carbs under 70 and Protein almost up, at 60 it needs to be higher. I'm just not drinking enough. I try n at the end of day its never higher than 45-50oz.

I did eat bad yesterday, I ate Chinese butt no rice, Wat I ate wasnt bad it was the amount. But i'm back on track today, n even tho i'm on the way to smokey mtns. I'm gonna eat right, or at least i'm gonna try my best. N we got a indoor pool and I told my daughter we are still doing Water arobics.

Any suggestions on good work out games for PS3 Move? I also have a Wii with the Wii Fit. I have a few work out games for it.

Me to vicki. im still at 39lbs n i'm 8wks out. I haven't lost any in a week ago Friday..i've ate good all last week or at least I think I did. Avg 650cal. Carbs under 70 and Protein almost up, at 60 it needs to be higher. I'm just not drinking enough. I try n at the end of day its never higher than 45-50oz.

I did eat bad yesterday, I ate Chinese butt no rice, Wat I ate wasnt bad it was the amount. But i'm back on track today, n even tho i'm on the way to smokey mtns. I'm gonna eat right, or at least i'm gonna try my best. N we got a indoor pool and I told my daughter we are still doing Water arobics.

Me to vicki. im still at 39lbs n i'm 8wks out. I haven't lost any in a week ago Friday..i've ate good all last week or at least I think I did. Avg 650cal. Carbs under 70 and protein almost up, at 60 it needs to be higher. I'm just not drinking enough. I try n at the end of day its never higher than 45-50oz.

I did eat bad yesterday, I ate Chinese butt no rice, Wat I ate wasnt bad it was the amount. But i'm back on track today, n even tho i'm on the way to smokey mtns. I'm gonna eat right, or at least i'm gonna try my best. N we got a indoor pool and I told my daughter we are still doing water arobics.

I know kinsee it is not as easy as i thought it would be, a little discouraging to say the least...If I knew i would lose it i could sit back a wait, but not knowing if its coming off or not is driving me crazy!

I know kinsee it is not as easy as i thought it would be' date=' a little discouraging to say the least...If I knew i would lose it i could sit back a wait, but not knowing if its coming off or not is driving me crazy![/quote']

No its not. I actually thought that I couldn't put alot in my mouth because my stomach would be so small, I new it Could stretch but I thought well the first 6 mth I won't be able to eat much n that would help trane my mind to eat small, but I was wrong!! I can eat more that a cup of food, yea i'm miserable but I can still eat it.

I'm like you if I new it would come off id be ok, but i'm so scared i'm not gonna do something right n then not lose. I stay on edge all the time.. I get on this app looking for answers all the time. I'm consumed with stress from it.

All I no is just hang on for the ride n do the best we can.

No its not. I actually thought that I couldn't put alot in my mouth because my stomach would be so small' date=' I new it Could stretch but I thought well the first 6 mth I won't be able to eat much n that would help trane my mind to eat small, but I was wrong!! I can eat more that a cup of food, yea i'm miserable but I can still eat it.

I'm like you if I new it would come off id be ok, but i'm so scared i'm not gonna do something right n then not lose. I stay on edge all the time.. I get on this app looking for answers all the time. I'm consumed with stress from it.

All I no is just hang on for the ride n do the best we can.[/quote']

If you're able to force in a cup of food without throwing up, then it would be good to talk with your surgeon or their staff about that. The being miserable part should in theory be enough to stop you from continuing, but if you are able to force yourself to keep on going then some additional help is needed. There's a reason (or more than one, and probably complex) why you are able to do that to yourself and it isn't healthy. If you aren't working with a therapist, then please consider it. Sabotaging yourself by continuing to overeat can't possibly get you what you really want.

For the first time sibce surgery I am starting to have some trouble eating. For a few days I was really busy helping care for a friend, and I wasn't eating as often or the foods I would normally eat. Now it seems I can only get in a few bites before I just lose all desire to eat and I'm having a hard time even forcing myself.

I know I'll get through this, but do you think a few days off from meeting my Protein goals will hurt me in the long run? I've previously been between between 80-90g a day, but I've only been making 50-60 the past few days. I kind of feel like taking a break and not forcing myself for a bit.