Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery date set: september 16th!

My surgery date has officially been set for September 16th! I live in denver and my surgeon is Dr. Michael Synder. Any other September surgeries out there, and how are you preparing yourselves? I'm trying to control my eating, and lose some weight before hand but failing miserably.

My surgery date has officially been set for September 16th! I live in denver and my surgeon is Dr. Michael Synder. Any other September surgeries out there' date=' and how are you preparing yourselves? I'm trying to control my eating, and lose some weight before hand but failing miserably.[/quote']

I just got my date last week and it's going to be 9/5.

It's been a long journey since June. Lots of doctor visits of various specialties for clearances and I've been on a diet for the last 2 weeks.

I am stocked up on the Vitamins, supplements, ISO Protein Water and Protein Powder for the first 2 weeks of my fluids only diet. I am as nervous as can be but excited to. Best of luck to you and let's keep in touch since we'll be going through the stages almost simultaneously

September 16th as well...getting very nervous...appointment w/ surgeon tomorrow and then pre-op testing on the 10th...good luck to you!

Only two more weeks! Things are really starting to wind down and my nerves are picking up. I haven't had a surgery of any kind before so I'm especially nervous about complications etc. I've been taking my Vitamins for the past month just to get into habit, and bought some different Proteins to try before surgery just to see what I like. I bought one from Vitamin Shoppe called "syntrax nectar" in the fuzzy navel flavor. It really tastes like a smoothie with a hint of whey. It's really good! Keep me updated on your progress and the journey!

Emily and Tim I'm set for 9/16 as well!! Beginning my pre-op diet and getting things ready for D day!!!!! Whoop! My nerves are starting to set in about the complications but I'm in the home

Stretch!

My surgery is also the 16th and I have not prepared at all. What has everyone else done?

My surgery is also the 16th and I have not prepared at all. What has everyone else done?

When I said prepared I meant...making notes lol

I've got into the habit of taking my Vitamins every day, and bought different Protein drinks to try out what flavors I would like. Fortunately I only have to do a liquid diet the day before surgery!! I also have bought all the supplies needed to clean and change my drains etc. just trying to plan ahead so my husband doesn't have to run out quickly. I also started buying some non perishable items for my diet post op such as: Jello, broths/soups, Protein, applesauce pouches etc so that my shopping bill won't be so high right around surgery time. I'm a planner so I try to get everything ready ahead of time haha.

Mine is next Wednesday the 11th and I'm on my pre-op diet. I'm also trying different Protein Shakes and powders. I have only been taking vit C prior to surgery and will start the rest post surgery. This will also be my first surgery, but I'm trying to be very positive that all will go well.

I had my pre op class today. It was very informative. I was told I could return to work as early as 5 days! I'm going back after 10 though. I went out today and bought the Multivitamins, Calcium, and B12. Also bought some powdered shakes just cause. I had to do a 6 month pre op diet and ended up gaining 6 lbs. I was told to lose some weight prior to my class, and lost 4 lbs. Apparently that wasn't good enough and was told my liver was still big so I'm restricted to shakes and liquids only until D day.

I had mine on 9/5 and all is well. I am so happy!!!

I came home yesterday and am relaxing at home, walking, sipping liquids, taking vitamins/supplements and watching TV. Was not bad at all and surprising really no pain to speak of. Just a little discomfort.

Good luck to everyone! :D

I came home yesterday and am relaxing at home' date=' walking, sipping liquids, taking vitamins/supplements and watching TV. Was not bad at all and surprising really no pain to speak of. Just a little discomfort.

Good luck to everyone! :D[/quote']

Glad it all went well

I came home yesterday and am relaxing at home, walking, sipping liquids, taking vitamins/supplements and watching TV. Was not bad at all and surprising really no pain to speak of. Just a little discomfort.

Good luck to everyone! :D

So glad you posted after your surgery. Read your first post and was ready to ask how you were doing but kept reading all the post. My surgery is Wednesday and my surgeon ask me if I had any concerns and my reply was just the pain afterwards. He just smiled and told me that was what pain medication was for. He had taken my band out in May and my records show I didn't take any pain medication once I went to recovery, nor did I fill his prescription. Thus his reply regarding pain. So I'm so happy to hear it wasn't bad. Good luck to you on a new journey to a new you. Thanks for posting.