Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October surgeries out there...

That's one thing I don't like is the holidays coming up!

Usually I'm the chef for Thanksgiving and Christmas. This year I think I'll have the grocery store catering do the feast at least for Thanksgiving. Of course, I might change my mind as the date approaches. My favorite part of making meals is seeing my family and friends enjoy them.

I need to share my frustration today!!!

When I get my surgery, I am not only getting the bypass, but they are also going to remove my ovaries. So- trying to coordinate with the bariatric surgeon and the OBGYN surgeon.

My OBGYN surgeon just called me and said the ONLY day she is available in October is the 21st. I called my bariatric surgeon, and he refuses to schedule me until I have my next appointment on Sept 13th. Im freaking out- if we wait too long to get it scheduled, who knows when they can coordinate another day.

Im just irritated they wont just schedule it. :| GRrrrrrrr

Could they possibly hold that date for you? That's what my clinic did until all the pieces came together.

I might have a two-fer, too. Different organ - appendix for me. I had a CT scan for my kidneys (15 year history of stones) and the next day I had to see a surgeon about the enlarged appendix I apparently have. Since I don't have any pain or show any other symptoms, the general surgeon is recommending that my WL surgeon turn the camera around and look to see if my appendix should be removed.

Molly

Ok Octobers, we need a good name. I see that February call themselves Fabulous February. Let's put our creative minds together.

How about

Obtainable October

OMG October

Out there October

October Oddsmakers

What ideas do you have?

Oh so soon you'll be odiferous October!!!! :D. Sorry, I had to! :) you just don't understand til a couple weeks post-op!

Oh so soon you'll be odiferous October!!!! :D. Sorry, I had to! :) you just don't understand til a couple weeks post-op!

LOL!

Ok Octobers' date=' we need a good name. I see that February call themselves Fabulous February. Let's put our creative minds together.

How about

Obtainable October

OMG October

Out there October

October Oddsmakers

What ideas do you have?[/quote']

OMG October lol sounds good to me lol

Optimistic October

I like OMG October too! Hopefully we will all have lots of OMG in November and December and right throughout the new year maybe that would be TMI?

Usually I'm the chef for Thanksgiving and Christmas. This year I think I'll have the grocery store catering do the feast at least for Thanksgiving. Of course, I might change my mind as the date approaches. My favorite part of making meals is seeing my family and friends enjoy them.

Barring any complications you should be ok to cook dinner. I am hoping i will be able to. Secret for your Turkey, brine it overnight. and dont cook it til the timer pops out. Theres tons of recipes all over pinterest and various blogs with good alternatives to high fat/high sugar dishes. my persnal favorite is rutabega mashed potatoes. its very earthy and yummy with just a little butter or olive oil margarine. I have been eating that since i was a kid every thanksgiving. You can also use the fat free cream Soups for green bean casserole or make a new casserole with a new veggie. You arent going to be able to eat alot by then anyway :).

and how about Outrageous October?

also,

Is anyone else with a date already so excited to the point that you cant stop thinking about everything and talking about it to the point that people are getting sick of it?

I have a countdown calendar on my phone at work and at home.

Every week i am picking up new samples of things to try after.

I have all the "hardware" ready 1,2 and 4 oz plastic condiment cups with lids( like restaraunts use for take out dressings)

I have some cute bento box type lunch containers

toddler spoons and forks. shaker bottles. Water bottles and disposable child sippy cups for the beginning

I have been prepared since April.

I like OMG October too! Lol.

I am having a double surgery too, only they are taking out my gallbladder. I'm happy to get it out because its made me miserable for years - two for one deal is great for me!

I've bought a ton of hardware too :D. And my date isn't set in stone yet, but my insurance is pretty fast to Approve so I know it's gonna be early Oct.

I noticed that some of you are in PA... Where are you going for your surgery??? Im near Bloomsburg area and going to Geisinger in Danville...

<3 brknhrtd8911 <3

I'm going through Russo in Lehighton but getting the surgery at sacred heart in allentown

I would rather have one surgery and have both procedures done...hope it all works. Sounds like there are several of us in that boat. Go us!!! :) lol

I vote for OMG October. LOVE that!!!!

Thank you for mentioning the small containers- I completely spaced getting those types of supplies. Off to Target I go.... :wub:

I am also at the point that I am consumed (daily!!!) with thoughts of this! Im so glad I found this board- I think hubby is sick of hearing about it!!!

Reading hospital in Reading