Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what to bring on surgery day

I need checklist please. From hygine to clothing i dnt want to overpack jst the basics they i heard gas x and chapstick comes in handy anything else. whats good for the bad breath after surgery. Thank you

my date 6/12

To be honest you don't really need anything except..

House shoes

Change of clothes

Favorite pillow

Shampoo & conditioner

Everything else you'll get at the hospital.

~Leticia **HW: 259**PreOp: 216**SURG: 3/21/13 **Discharged @: 221** 4.5 mons post op. CW: 160.0 lbs. --- Only 10 lbs to my goal ---

I had my family bring me gas x, not sure that it really helped, you feel so bloated after surgery! Bring your pillow for sure, my surgeon wouldn't let me lay below 40 degrees so you feel like your sleeping sitting up- I used many pillows to help prop me up and help me sleep. I would agree on the house slippers or socks too!! Good luck!

They gave me socks and even gave me Chapstick! All I really used was my phone charger and pillow. I wore home some pajamas and hugged the pillow on the ride.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I brought a couple of changes of clothes (I'm indecisive), toothbrush, toothpaste, Chapstick, a book, iPad, iPhone, charger, deodorant, tampons (I got my "friend" when I was in surgery. Thanks uterus, thanks alot.) and a couple of hair elastics. I was only there overnight (I obviously have issues with over packing. Lol). I used my toothbrush/toothpaste/deodorant, changed my clothes once, Chapstick was my best friend, used my phone and charger. The rest didn't even leave my bag.

I brought a couple of changes of clothes (I'm indecisive)' date=' toothbrush, toothpaste, Chapstick, a book, iPad, iPhone, charger, deodorant, tampons (I got my "friend" when I was in surgery. Thanks uterus, thanks alot.) and a couple of hair elastics. I was only there overnight (I obviously have issues with over packing. Lol). I used my toothbrush/toothpaste/deodorant, changed my clothes once, Chapstick was my best friend, used my phone and charger. The rest didn't even leave my bag.[/quote']

You were only in the hospital 1 night? I thought the standard was 4-5 days...

I'll echo everyone else.

Slippers

Phone + Charger

iPad or tablet if you read or play games

Face wash

Chapstick

Toothbrush (the hospital ones are lame)

Change of clothes

Pillow

Deodorant

Flip flips

I have short hair so I used a headband to keep it in check

I was in the hospital 3 nights. Would have been 2 but I had some vomiting and they wanted to keep an extra eye on me.

Honestly, out of all the crap I packed up for my hospital stay, I used nothing other than deo, tooth brush + tooth paste, comb, clean underwear, Carefree liners, slippers, and my going home t-shirt and comfy pants. They provided Chapstick, socks and the spirometer.

If your stay will be no more than 24hrs, don't bother overpacking. It will be more of an inconvenience to haul around.

You were only in the hospital 1 night? I thought the standard was 4-5 days...

My surgeon only keeps his patients one night as well unless there is a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk