Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2013 surgeries

Hey guys... How is everyone doing? It's been almost 8 months.. Before we know it it's going to be our 1 year anniversary :) So what's everyone doing, eating, how much have ya'll lost? How do you feel when you look in the mirror? Do you feel accomplished? I'm struggling with this whole process mentally

Hey! I can't believe it's been 8 months already. Doesn't seem possible. I've lost 127 since my highest weight, 104 since surgery, and right now I'm hanging out at 200.2 lbs and am waiting patiently to hit onederland :D

When I look in the mirror it constantly changes. My eyes can't adjust to the loss so some days I see my new self and I'm so confident and happy. Other days I don't see the change and I stop looking in the mirror for a few days lol.

I feel like I'm failing because I'm not eating as strict as I should be and I really need to start working out but I work and go to school and have a family so I hardly have time to myself to start with let alone even think about working out. But I need to just jump into it and make the time.

Hope everyone else is doing good!

8 months has gone by super fast! This feels normal now though, which is good. I see the portions people with regular sized stomachs take and it just looks enormous to me now. I still eat between 1/3-1/2 cup and I'm fine with that. I can eat anything, though high carb and high fat must be in very small portions or I feel very yucky.

I've lost 115 since highest weight and 85 since surgery. It's been slow and steady. My body has a pace it is set to and has not deviated from.

Exercise has been less as I was traveling for most of March and have been exhausted since returning. Before that I was burning it up! I wish I could go back to that routine, but for now I need to keep it to just moderate walking because...

I'm pregnant! Just 5 weeks now, so danger zone for miscarries. I've been exhausted mainly. My weight is fluctuating oddly as well, probably Water retention to some degree. I was 292 a week ago, then suddenly shot up to 300, within a couple days was back down to 295, then between yesterday and today went from 295 to 291. I'm able to get all my Protein from food, bur am adding an extra Protein shake on top of that now to get more in for the changes my body is going through.

That said, I am still oddly shaped. I must be in the teenage phase of weight loss lol. My top half and bottom half are getting closer to the same size now at leaat though. I went from a 34 bottom to a 24 now. And a 4x top to a 2x top.

I still am fat, and it's a struggle to wrap my mind around that sometimes. I've come all this way, but am only at the half way mark. This is definitely a marathon.

8 months has gone by super fast! This feels normal now though, which is good. I see the portions people with regular sized stomachs take and it just looks enormous to me now. I still eat between 1/3-1/2 cup and I'm fine with that. I can eat anything, though high carb and high fat must be in very small portions or I feel very yucky. I've lost 115 since highest weight and 85 since surgery. It's been slow and steady. My body has a pace it is set to and has not deviated from. Exercise has been less as I was traveling for most of March and have been exhausted since returning. Before that I was burning it up! I wish I could go back to that routine, but for now I need to keep it to just moderate walking because... I'm pregnant! Just 5 weeks now, so danger zone for miscarries. I've been exhausted mainly. My weight is fluctuating oddly as well, probably Water retention to some degree. I was 292 a week ago, then suddenly shot up to 300, within a couple days was back down to 295, then between yesterday and today went from 295 to 291. I'm able to get all my Protein from food, bur am adding an extra Protein Shake on top of that now to get more in for the changes my body is going through. That said, I am still oddly shaped. I must be in the teenage phase of weight loss lol. My top half and bottom half are getting closer to the same size now at leaat though. I went from a 34 bottom to a 24 now. And a 4x top to a 2x top. I still am fat, and it's a struggle to wrap my mind around that sometimes. I've come all this way, but am only at the half way mark. This is definitely a marathon.

Congrats on your pregnancy! Hopefully you don't have to worry about anything and there won't be any complications :)

I am down 126 pounds since surgery.. I'm holding at 194, but it's been that for 6 weeks now.. I can eat anything except tuna, and tacos.. My wife is at 149.. She's done and looks amazing! She is down 98 pounds.. Mentally I'm sick of looking at the access skin.. It's making me depressed.. I'm in a size 12 now and you would think going from a 26 to a 12 I would be happy but I'm not there yet.. I don't even have a lot of energy yet.. I'm struggling with eating 3 meals a day too.. I'm only eating dinner ughh

I'm so discouraged!! This is the 3rd week. I've hit a Plateau. I'm exercising like crazy to. :((

Hmmmm you are lucky thus is my third month and I have not shifted still at the same weight am soo down

Hmmmm you are lucky thus is my third month and I have not shifted still at the same weight am soo down

Bless ur heart. I hope it drops soon.

I hope i don't go that long. I got to be back at the dr. Next month.

My surgery was August 5th 2013, 5'4", Age 62. 230# the day I met my surgeon, 214 # DOS, today 154# down from size 22 pants to size 12. So either down 60# or down 76 # depending on the starting point date.

Once I switched to real food in month 4, my weight loss crept along, losing only 10# in the next 4 mos because I stopped being serious.

In retrospect, I think I was/am afraid to meet my own personal goal of 135#, and afraid I would be hungry at 135#, and want to eat my way back to 143 # (where I would be size 10). I once wore an 8 but you could see my ribs front and back. 115#. Ick.

However 135# would give me room for 10 percent cushion for predictable rebound.

My surgeon never set a wt goal for me, thank goodness. Now I wish I had been more serious to take advantage of the window of opportunity the 1st 6 mos provided.

I once got to 150 thru OA, felt discouraged for not meeting my goal, and binged my way back to 185. Logical, eh?

My hunger is starting to return this week. I could tell cuz my stomach doesnt hurt anymore. Altho vets tell me the wt loss will continue past 1 yr, I anticipate it will be slow going without making changes.

I am eating too much starch, and not enough veggie and fruits. Sometimes my meals are Protein and starch. Period.

I can easily get in 48 oz of Water a day. It's the last 16 oz that's challenging. True to what my program tells us, by drinking 64 ounces I can't eat as much.

I was sick/fatigued the last 5 weeks. My depression is returning. My research tells me lack of carbs and resultant serotonin contributes. I think I will check in with my PDOC for a med adjustment.

I KNOW that if I even take a 30 min daily walk, it jumpstarts my wt loss to at least 5# a month. By doing the math, it just now occurred to me I could reach my personal goal for the last 19 # before my anniversary.

I appreciate the opportunity to write down my thoughts. It helped me get clear on my goals and what I need to do to reach them.

Are you disappointed you aren't yet at goal, and what will be your new plan to get there in your own time frame, Cheers!

My surgery was August 5th 2013, 5'4", Age 62. 230# the day I met my surgeon, 214 # DOS, today 154# down from size 22 pants to size 12. So either down 60# or down 76 # depending on the starting point date.

Once I switched to real food in month 4, my weight loss crept along, losing only 10# in the next 4 mos because I stopped being serious.

In retrospect, I think I was/am afraid to meet my own personal goal of 135#, and afraid I would be hungry at 135#, and want to eat my way back to 143 # (where I would be size 10). I once wore an 8 but you could see my ribs front and back. 115#. Ick.

However 135# would give me room for 10 percent cushion for predictable rebound.

My surgeon never set a wt goal for me, thank goodness. Now I wish I had been more serious to take advantage of the window of opportunity the 1st 6 mos provided.

I once got to 150 thru OA, felt discouraged for not meeting my goal, and binged my way back to 185. Logical, eh?

My hunger is starting to return this week. I could tell cuz my stomach doesnt hurt anymore. Altho vets tell me the wt loss will continue past 1 yr, I anticipate it will be slow going without making changes.

I am eating too much starch, and not enough veggie and fruits. Sometimes my meals are Protein and starch. Period.

I can easily get in 48 oz of Water a day. It's the last 16 oz that's challenging. True to what my program tells us, by drinking 64 ounces I can't eat as much.

I was sick/fatigued the last 5 weeks. My depression is returning. My research tells me lack of carbs and resultant serotonin contributes. I think I will check in with my PDOC for a med adjustment.

I KNOW that if I even take a 30 min daily walk, it jumpstarts my wt loss to at least 5# a month. By doing the math, it just now occurred to me I could reach my personal goal for the last 19 # before my anniversary.

I appreciate the opportunity to write down my thoughts. It helped me get clear on my goals and what I need to do to reach them.

Are you disappointed you aren't yet at goal, and what will be your new plan to get there in your own time frame, Cheers!

I think you've done great!!

Im 50 my surgery date was aug. 6th we are close together :)

Dos-321 my weight now is 230lb.

I'm down 91# I'm discouraged that I'm not at a 100 yet. BuT its my fault. I don't think I've ever got 64oz n ive been eating to much carbs. I couldn't start exercising until i became around 80# down. So now I'm doing zumba n really trying n I've hit a 2wks plateau. Which I hate!! I hotter I've jumped started it now. Hopefully this week it willl go down. I'm so Reddy to be under the 200 mark. :)

We all have little regrets, don't we? Whether it was those mashed potatoes we should have replaced with a salad, or that easter candy we indulged in. But we have all lost so much weight and are so much more healthy than we used to be. Let that be what lifts us up and keeps us going. We know how to lose weight now and keep it off, so we can do it.

Hw: 406, Sw: 376, Cw: 290

I'm not at goal or even close. I'm just half way there. But I am so happy with how my body has changed and how I feel now. It is all totally worth it.

We all have little regrets, don't we? Whether it was those mashed potatoes we should have replaced with a salad, or that easter candy we indulged in. But we have all lost so much weight and are so much more healthy than we used to be. Let that be what lifts us up and keeps us going. We know how to lose weight now and keep it off, so we can do it.

Hw: 406, Sw: 376, Cw: 290

I'm not at goal or even close. I'm just half way there. But I am so happy with how my body has changed and how I feel now. It is all totally worth it.

We are almost same in number im losing slow but im losing hw512 sw410&cw302 cant get out 300s but i haven't been exercising much which im back on track now

Yes we can do this!! I just want to be healthy for me n.my daughter n.my grand kids. Wen.they want to go outside n.play. Or like the other day my grandson wanted to show me something in his room which is upstairs. N.i could do that!, a few months ago i couldn't climb it.it took me a while to get up buy i did out. Just small things ppl take for granted.

Yes we can do this!! I just want to be healthy for me n.my daughter n.my grand kids. Wen.they want to go outside n.play. Or like the other day my grandson wanted to show me something in his room which is upstairs. N.i could do that!, a few months ago i couldn't climb it.it took me a while to get up buy i did out. Just small things ppl take for granted.

Yes i am very happy with what i can do i hope yo have a baby a little later hopefully& go back to school but im so happy

That's great. We got to keep positive attitudes. :) happy happy happy!!!

Here is 98lbs gone!#!

post-141886-0-69521100-1400542090_thumb.png

[ATTACH]44539[/ATTACH]