Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 10th, was my surgery, did anyone experience red stuff in their stool the first time you were able to go? And sometimes with the gas? Today was my first time using it and passing gas, it looked like blood but I don't know could also be that barium stuff.

Yes i noticed it after i had my surgery....i honestly dont think its blood

We made it 30 yards out into this field and both agreed there was an above average chance of one or both of us breaking a bone if we went any further. took pictures turned back. mission deemed successful

10371523 874721609222245 5385651119095095282 N

— with Alix Besecker at Hickory Run State Park.

June 10th, was my surgery, did anyone experience red stuff in their stool the first time you were able to go? And sometimes with the gas? Today was my first time using it and passing gas, it looked like blood but I don't know could also be that barium stuff.

Yes i noticed it after i had my surgery....i honestly dont think its blood

Yep same as Colefeet, had some trace blood that is expected but it should go away right. If you are concerned call your team and let them make the decision. Always remember the team is your first & best line of medical advise. They get these questions all of the time

I had surgery on June 5th and haven't had a good bowel movement. Taking senekot and Miralax with a suppository every now and then. I'm so bloated from this. Everything else has gone great. No puking out walking getting my Water Protein Shakes and pudding in. Wasn't big on cream of wheat. Does anyone have any suggestions to help get me moving?

I had surgery on June 5th and haven't had a good bowel movement. Taking senekot and miralax with a suppository every now and then. I'm so bloated from this. Everything else has gone great. No puking out walking getting my Water Protein Shakes and pudding in. Wasn't big on cream of wheat. Does anyone have any suggestions to help get me moving?

Stacy97006, i added metamucil to my protien shakes (vanilla shake orange metamucil) and push as much water through you as you can stand be careful to do this slowly, no gulping. the bloating is more than likely from the internal swelling. this will pass (ha ha) it took me about five days before it passed. nothing unsual. but if you feel discomfort or have concerns call your team.

I had surgery on June 5th and haven't had a good bowel movement. Taking senekot and miralax with a suppository every now and then. I'm so bloated from this. Everything else has gone great. No puking out walking getting my Water Protein Shakes and pudding in. Wasn't big on cream of wheat. Does anyone have any suggestions to help get me moving?

I had a VERY hard time with this in the beginning too, and still struggle to a lesser degree even now, nearly a year out. RJ gave GREAT advice, so I won't repeat it. One thing my doc told me that was also helpful, is to head to the bathroom when you feel the slightest urge to go. Waiting to go will only allow the water in your stool to absorb back into the body, which in turn makes going more difficult. Also keep in mind that you are eating very little right now. Going, even a little, is OK. Time will help with the bloating, it is part of the healing process.

Always call your clinic if you feel something is wrong. They can put your mind at ease if what you are experiencing is within the "normal" healing process or not.

Good luck!

Carol

Rj our one year sugiversary is this week! I remember we both had the same day on the 12th. How will u Celebrate?

I'm a total girly girl so im treating myself to a mani pedi on thursday. I saw my pcp today and I swear he couldn't stop smiling he was so pleased with my progress. I was 135 on theirscale, 3 up from mine but damn that's still 95 down from surgery day. Feels fantastic!!

Rj our one year sugiversary is this week! I remember we both had the same day on the 12th. How will u Celebrate?

I'm a total girly girl so im treating myself to a mani pedi on thursday. I saw my pcp today and I swear he couldn't stop smiling he was so pleased with my progress. I was 135 on theirscale, 3 up from mine but damn that's still 95 down from surgery day. Feels fantastic!!

Thats right its the 12th and i did remember your my mate for this day. im celebrating hopefully this week with a tattoo. sounds strange but its a huge milestone and worth marking it. in Japanese letters for Honor, Courage, Discipline. i have some tests on the 16th and then my surgeon on July 3rd. very very busy doc. that appt was made 6 months ago best i could get. enjoy our day skinny. so very happy to hear from you.

Thats right its the 12th and i did remember your my mate for this day. im celebrating hopefully this week with a tattoo. sounds strange but its a huge milestone and worth marking it. in Japanese letters for Honor, Courage, Discipline. i have some tests on the 16th and then my surgeon on July 3rd. very very busy doc. that appt was made 6 months ago best i could get. enjoy our day skinny. so very happy to hear from you.

A tattoo? Wow! I want one but I'm such a chicken! Don't like pain at all!

RJ- you have totally helped me through the last year!so thankful that you are my new friend!

RJ- you have totally helped me through the last year!so thankful that you are my new friend!

Mel. i have three and they are reminders of milestones in my life. this one will be a major one nothing large but highly significant. and you are and will continue to be a source of inspiration, motivation and smiles. thanks mel for always being there..have a great night

Oh...as a follow up....seriously, you had your entire digestive tract reconstructed and you think a tattoo will be painful? whats up wit dat

Oh...as a follow up....seriously, you had your entire digestive tract reconstructed and you think a tattoo will be painful? whats up wit dat

Haha!! I was totally asleep when they did that. It's the needle thing that makes me cringe. :)

Haha!! I was totally asleep when they did that. It's the needle thing that makes me cringe. :)

I can understand that. we have been poked and prodded more in the past year than most humans get in a lifetime. but you woild look soooo badass with some ink. a flower or bird on the ankle? tell me it wouldnt it look bad as you are biking along....ha ha

I can understand that. we have been poked and prodded more in the past year than most humans get in a lifetime. but you would look soooo badass with some ink. a flower or bird on the ankle? tell me it wouldnt look badass when you are biking along....ha ha

I can understand that. we have been poked and prodded more in the past year than most humans get in a lifetime. but you woild look soooo badass with some ink. a flower or bird on the ankle? tell me it wouldnt it look bad as you are biking along....ha ha

You know I might just have to consider it if you think I will look badass!