Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

We celebrated my Mom's 85th Birthday over the weekend. dinner out, cake and ice cream back at the house. I enjoyed steak and the cake and ice cream. Weight on Monday was up to 132, and I was worried. At my appointment last week, I was given a new 'maintenance' plan that I really had concerns about, but I stuck with the plan Well, this morning the scale was back at 129! I am shocked that for the first time in my life my weight is where I want it and I am in control! Life could not be better!

Have an amazing 4th!

Carol

You are my hero! i love that you are so intune with the long term lifetime change you have made.

Have a greath 4th Carol

Not sure if i mentioned this before but if i did, i apoligize. An app i use all of the time when making healthy food choices is called FOODUCATE. it allows you to get all of the nutritional data on products and rates them an a scale from A to F. it also provides you with a host of alternatives. i always find it intresting when something appears healthy there is almost always somthing better.. Hope it helps......great stuff when your in the market

I don't remember seeing this one. Thanks!

Well 1 year post op follow up visit went better than expected. Docsurg was beaming with my loss to date. He is fully confident ( as am i ) That i can get to my goal weight my October or November. Blood work was " Perfect" .....Good way to start a Holiday weekend.

Spending tomorrow Hiking around Valley Forge for the multitude of events and re-enactments. The 4th is a big holiday here in Philadelphia. enjoy your holiday and get outside :-)

Peace out skinny people

RJ

Edited by Weight Warrior

Never to soon to start! I had mine on the 11th!?? Anyone else in June yet? And how's it going?

What are you eating now? Can you give me a typical day menu?

OMG!!! SNEEZING HURTS!!!!

Yes it sure does!!

I had surgery on the 24th

I haven't posted in awhile but I went for my year check up today (6/19/13 surgery date) as of today i lost 248 lbs. I rocked the clinic today. All my levels was good just take a little Vitamin D. They Doctor said it was all my effort and just very little of his, but i disagree he gave me a TOOL to use to build my body. I'm now there official Sleeve spokesman and will be speaking at there seminars starting in July. But what Im proud of is between riding a bicycle and walking I logged in over 220 miles for the month of May... June , just half of that due to high heat. But i get out and get moving, swimming, and evening walks. This is a lifetime commitment where there is no finish line when you hit your goal, i weigh now 226lbs and at the age of 55 life has just began.....

Dude you rock. 248 is an amazing accomplishment. life is good

Not sure if i mentioned this before but if i did, i apoligize.

An app i use all of the time when making healthy food choices is called FOODUCATE. it allows you to get all of the nutritional data on products and rates them an a scale from A to F. it also provides you with a host of alternatives. i always find it intresting when something appears healthy there is almost always somthing better.. Hope it helps......great stuff when your in the market

Thank you SO MUCH for the info!! This looks like a GREAT App and one I am certain to use. I am trying very hard to look at the quality of the food that I am eating, so having an app like this will be a huge help. We eat so little now, it makes it more important to put quality food in our bodies. I am always looking for more information like this, so if you run across something else, let me know.

Thanks!

Carol

We celebrated my Mom's 85th Birthday over the weekend. dinner out, cake and ice cream back at the house. I enjoyed steak and the cake and ice cream. Weight on Monday was up to 132, and I was worried. At my appointment last week, I was given a new 'maintenance' plan that I really had concerns about, but I stuck with the plan Well, this morning the scale was back at 129! I am shocked that for the first time in my life my weight is where I want it and I am in control! Life could not be better!

Have an amazing 4th!

Carol

You are my hero! i love that you are so intune with the long term lifetime change you have made.

Have a greath 4th Carol

Thanks RJ! You are my inspiration - so I guess we really have done it together!

Carol

Hi all!

I just wanted to share that my family and I went to the Black Hills of South Dakota for the holiday weekend. Since the WiFi at the hotel was pretty awful, I was pretty much off the electronic grid for the long weekend. I was able to track my food on MFP, but not much else. It was a very active vacation, we hiked around Mount Rushmore and the Crazy Horse Memorial. We even hiked to the top of Harney's Peak - the highest elevation east of the Rocky Mountains. This was something I really wanted to do to Celebrate my one year surgerversary. It is something that I would NEVER have been able to do a year ago! I did bring food with me, so only one meal a day (dinner) was eaten out, but I enjoyed what I wanted to eat for dinner, actually had a single scoop of real strawberry ice cream at Wall Drug (and ate the WHOLE thing), and had bites of other things I would normally never eat anymore. I had no dumping. Despite the activity, I fully expected to come home to the scale being up - its the way it has worked all my life. We don't take a vacation often, and we need to relax and live a little too! To my delighted surprise, the scale was WAY down this morning!! My goal is to maintain between 125 - 130. I was at 126, a new low weight! I can't believe it!! I am actually going to have to be careful now to stop losing, and I can't believe I just typed that! I really don't want to drop below 125.

What an amazing journey! I hope each of you enjoyed a wonderful Independence Day holiday. This is one I will never forget!!

Carol

Hi all!

I just wanted to share that my family and I went to the Black Hills of South Dakota for the holiday weekend. Since the WiFi at the hotel was pretty awful, I was pretty much off the electronic grid for the long weekend. I was able to track my food on MFP, but not much else. It was a very active vacation, we hiked around Mount Rushmore and the Crazy Horse Memorial. We even hiked to the top of Harney's Peak - the highest elevation east of the Rocky Mountains. This was something I really wanted to do to Celebrate my one year surgerversary. It is something that I would NEVER have been able to do a year ago! I did bring food with me, so only one meal a day (dinner) was eaten out, but I enjoyed what I wanted to eat for dinner, actually had a single scoop of real strawberry ice cream at Wall Drug (and ate the WHOLE thing), and had bites of other things I would normally never eat anymore. I had no dumping. Despite the activity, I fully expected to come home to the scale being up - its the way it has worked all my life. We don't take a vacation often, and we need to relax and live a little too! To my delighted surprise, the scale was WAY down this morning!! My goal is to maintain between 125 - 130. I was at 126, a new low weight! I can't believe it!! I am actually going to have to be careful now to stop losing, and I can't believe I just typed that! I really don't want to drop below 125.

What an amazing journey! I hope each of you enjoyed a wonderful Independence Day holiday. This is one I will never forget!!

Carol

Carol,

Big smile here in PA. for your awesome news. wow! 126 chewing bubble gum and kicking ass...... great news about your surgiversery present you are amazing......

Hi Junies!!

Well today I went and had a consultation for plastic surgery. I went in asking about a Tummy Tuck but secretly thought lower body lift. I wanted the surgeon to tell me his thoughts... well he agreed! It looks like a lower body lift is the best option for me. My insurance doesn't cover plastics except in rare cases but he submitted for insurance anyway. He said it could go either way and I'll know in 4 to 6 weeks. Please send some prayers up that insurance comes thru for me. Having lost almost 140 lbs I really want this to feel like I've done everything to achieve my goals. I am still at 130 and can't bust into the 120 range for anything... he seemed to think I had 10 to 15 lbs of skin (gross).

So now I am just going to eat like I have been, exercise like I have been and pray this works out for me. I believe whatever happens is meant to be but 11,000 will be a lot for me to self pay right now and I hate the idea of taking a loan. I love being a size 6 or 8 but to be a 2 or 4 (his prediction) would be amazing..

Oh and carol, I just want to tell you how proud I am of you and getting solidly into the 120 range and on vacation to boot!! You rock!! You are such an inspiration to me!!

Iamsoworthit,

Thank you!!! You will get there too!! And thank you for posting about plastic surgery. I have the names of two surgeons and need to make an appointment. I don't think I should discount it until I really find out what it would mean for me.

Carol

Iamsoworthit,

Thank you!!! You will get there too!! And thank you for posting about plastic surgery. I have the names of two surgeons and need to make an appointment. I don't think I should discount it until I really find out what it would mean for me.

Carol

I am having mine at the mayo Clinic. I am a patient there already and my Bariatric team is there. The plastic surgeon I saw specializes in patient's who have had was and skin removal. I felt really comfortable with him and hope insurance comes thru for some or all.

Hello everyone! I had my sleeve done on 6/17 in Mexico. Everything went great, no problems so far, and I have lost 19 lbs since my pre op on 6/10. I only lost 3 lbs during the pre op the other 16 lbs were after surgery . Am I on the right track? I see people that lose up to 40 lbs in a month . Just wanna make sure I'm on the right track. Could you guys help me with this?just don't wanna b paranoid. Thank you all

Hello everyone! I had my sleeve done on 6/17 in Mexico. Everything went great, no problems so far, and I have lost 19 lbs since my pre op on 6/10. I only lost 3 lbs during the pre op the other 16 lbs were after surgery . Am I on the right track? I see people that lose up to 40 lbs in a month . Just wanna make sure I'm on the right track. Could you guys help me with this?just don't wanna b paranoid. Thank you all

Everyone has a different journey with WLS. You are doing fine!

Try not to compare yourself to others. It's difficult. But you can do it. Just follow the plan your doctor gave you and you will be fine.