Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well today it finally hit me. I am having a rough day and starting to get really nervous about surgery. I have spent so much time convincing my family I forgot about me. The thing is I have had major surgery before. A breast reduction and the lab band. I can't figure out what I am scared of. Failure maybe? I am a perfectionist that takes care of others and myself last. Am I being selfish?

I am just sad today. Feeling a little lost and need encouragement. I keep praying that if this is the right choice all will go well. If it isn't then the surgeon will take my band out and say it wasn't ok to proceed. I am so analytical. I have two master degrees why am I questioning my research and decision at this point? My surgeon is a mayo Clinic surgeon and the best of the best. What is going on with me?

Anyone else go through this before surgery? I was prepared for after but not before. My surgery is Wednesday.

Well today it finally hit me. I am having a rough day and starting to get really nervous about surgery. I have spent so much time convincing my family I forgot about me. The thing is I have had major surgery before. A breast reduction and the lab band. I can't figure out what I am scared of. Failure maybe? I am a perfectionist that takes care of others and myself last. Am I being selfish?

I am just sad today. Feeling a little lost and need encouragement. I keep praying that if this is the right choice all will go well. If it isn't then the surgeon will take my band out and say it wasn't ok to proceed. I am so analytical. I have two master degrees why am I questioning my research and decision at this point? My surgeon is a mayo Clinic surgeon and the best of the best. What is going on with me?

Anyone else go through this before surgery? I was prepared for after but not before. My surgery is Wednesday.

I hope you find some peace. I think it's normal to have apprehension when you have to make decisions about major surgery and especially when it will change your life forever. As for a failure...rny kinda forces you to lose...the success and amount is totally up to you and you have a great support group here!!

Fear is normal and I know the days leading up to my surgery I was telling everyone I loved them....just in case :) they thought I was nuts and looking back now I laugh cause I can't believe how far I've come. You named your screen named.."I am worth it." Believe it!!! Ultimately do whatever you feel is best for YOU cause this body is what you have for the rest of your life and only YOU can decide.

I felt the same way. I was so worried about convincing everyone else it would be okay, that I never really got to stop and think about how I felt about it. Trust me. You will be so so glad you decided to do this once recovery is over. I'm 8 weeks out and so glad I did this. It was the best decision I ever made. :)

Hope that helps.

I also felt the same way. I am only 2 1/2 weeks out and I have lost 28 pounds so far. You will be ok if you do everything your dr. tells you to do. is well worth it all! Im glad I had it done!

I felt the same way. I was so worried about convincing everyone else it would be okay' date=' that I never really got to stop and think about how I felt about it. Trust me. You will be so so glad you decided to do this once recovery is over. I'm 8 weeks out and so glad I did this. It was the best decision I ever made. :)

Hope that helps.[/quote']

Thank you so much! I think you are right I am just anxious and over thinking everything right now. I am just sick of educating my family and friends. Luckily my husband is very supportive and finally gets it. I just need to get through the next couple of days. :) at least I have stopped crying today! :)

I also felt the same way. I am only 2 1/2 weeks out and I have lost 28 pounds so far. You will be ok if you do everything your dr. tells you to do. is well worth it all! Im glad I had it done!

Wow that is amazing!! I am glad you are doing so well!

I hope you find some peace. I think it's normal to have apprehension when you have to make decisions about major surgery and especially when it will change your life forever. As for a failure...rny kinda forces you to lose...the success and amount is totally up to you and you have a great support group here!!

Fear is normal and I know the days leading up to my surgery I was telling everyone I loved them....just in case :) they thought I was nuts and looking back now I laugh cause I can't believe how far I've come. You named your screen named.."I am worth it." Believe it!!! Ultimately do whatever you feel is best for YOU cause this body is what you have for the rest of your life and only YOU can decide.

Thank you for your kind words. Peace is exactly what I need right now. You are right, I need to draw from my screen name and believe I am worth it once and for all.

Thank you for your kind words. Peace is exactly what I need right now. You are right, I need to draw from my screen name and believe I am worth it once and for all.

ive had several major surgeries also before ,breast,breast & uterane cancer @ different times plus 2 hand surgeries,dont let fear bring you down keep ur head up , say a prayer& leave it in GODS hands. its what is best for our longer lives we ALL want to live & be much healthier. im hoping to get mine done soon...

My surgery is on Wednesday also. I have the same feelings. I took my kids to stay with my mom out of state for 3 weeks while I have surgery and recover. I cried all the way back. Of course I think the worst, that I'll never see them again. I've been waiting 3 years for this and it is finally "getting real" for me. liquid diet after midnight tonight.

My surgery is on Wednesday also. I have the same feelings. I took my kids to stay with my mom out of state for 3 weeks while I have surgery and recover. I cried all the way back. Of course I think the worst' date=' that I'll never see them again. I've been waiting 3 years for this and it is finally "getting real" for me. liquid diet after midnight tonight.[/quote']

Think of it as a summer vacation f or your kids & time will fly by, think of what uou will be able to do when they return home.keep smiling &posting on here.

My surgery is on Wednesday also. I have the same feelings. I took my kids to stay with my mom out of state for 3 weeks while I have surgery and recover. I cried all the way back. Of course I think the worst' date=' that I'll never see them again. I've been waiting 3 years for this and it is finally "getting real" for me. liquid diet after midnight tonight.[/quote']

My husband was so scared something would happen to me. I actually made a will without his knowledge (to keep my blood-sucking mother way from my half of our assets if something happened). He would have FREAKED out if he knew! Everything was fine. Better than fine actually. As far as surgeries go, it was an easy one. The real work comes after when you have to manage your fluids, food, and Vitamins. :-)

I feel better today. Today was my last day at work. I am working from home tomorrow half day then calling it so I can do my bowl prep early. I ended up calling my psych doctor this afternoon to talk through my anxiety. At mayo they have a team assigned to you (surgeon, bariatrician, nut, and psych).

I was do proud of myself because I reached out for my team to help me and that is exactly what they want us to do. Talking to her helped me understand my anxiety and I feel so much better now!

With that said, my worst fear came true first thing this morning... I got my period. God willing it will be done by Wednesday but if it isn't she even helped me with that fear too. It's going to be what it will be now.

Thanks al!!!!

1 more day of Optifast ( day 29) and im on my way!!

hi friend don't worry that you're the only one that feels that way, I won't be having surgery until September and I feel the same way, I have fone through so many emotions. Some days I think what an I getting myself into.... but then I think about my life and future without the surgery and that makes me move forward good luck I'll keep you in prayer.