Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low estrogen= carb cravings... using Estroven

In the Schwartzbein principal diet book the doctor notes that women have the hardest time fighting off carbs, especially when they are low on estrogen. Either when their time is near, or they are going into menopause. I have noticed some things too in my fight against carbs...

I did well when drinking soy milk, but when I got off of it (because I did not want to drink milk) my carb cravings attacked.

So I have been reading about soy isolates in Estroven for perimenopausal women. Since I fall into that category due to my PCOS and hormonal imbalances, I am thinking about trying the supplement.

Does anyone take Estroven? Has it worked on your carb cravings? Just wondering if I should try it. The carb devil has a hold on me again... and I am trying to find a way to fight it.

I take Estrogen and haven't noticed a thing - seriously. It doesn't seem to have any effect on me at all. I have taken it, off and on, for a long time. Severe Osteoporosis runs in my family and my doctor thinks the benefits outweigh the risks of HRT in my case.

I don't know where I am, menopause-wise. I had a partial hysterectomy when I was in my 30's, but kept my ovaries. Without loss of menses as a measuring stick, I don't know how you tell. I've never had a hot flash. Are there other signs?

I haven't worn my estroderm patch in several weeks. I've been fighting candy and carb cravings for the last week. I didn't put the two together. I haven't had this problem since banding so maybe there is a correlation. I'm going home tonight and put a patch on and see if I can get this back in control. I've been wearing my patch as a general rule since banding. It's only been the last few weeks that I've been without it.

To be honest, I think these really bad carb cravings and the saying carbs make you want more carbs has to be to do with some other imbalance in the body, because I eat carbs and I dont crave them unreasonably.

OK so my favourate cheat foods are sweet carbs, but I dont "crave" them. I dont want them more when I eat them. I dont start eating carbs and cant stop, to me they're just a food like any other food.< /p>

So I do suspect when people say that, its either because something is wrong, something to do with this whole Syndrome X thing or that people have just plained starved themselves of carbs to such a degree that their body is literally crying out for them. It takes all 3 foodgroups to nourish us and if you cut one out, you're going to crave it.

But if it works for you and keeps you on the straight and narrow it could be answering a need in your particular body.

Please, please be very careful with estrogen because TOO MUCH can also cause problems, along with tending toward being overweight, sleeplessness, etc.

Upsetting estrogen can really make you out of whack! (from my own personal experience using the pill) I suggest seeing a dr to assess if you have too little or too much (they can do easy saliva tests). I'd say that most people have TOO MUCH because of all the environmental estrogens (from plastics and pollution) and it requires balancing out with some progesterone, actually.

I have the greatest of respect for Dr. Schwartzbein and have gotten great success with her work. I don't disagree with what she said, she's spot on but you have to be sure what situation you are actually in. Estrogen is nothing to fool about with.

I read "What Your Dr May Not Tell You About Pre-Menopause" ([ame=http://www.amazon.com/What-Your-Doctor-Tell-About/dp/0446615390/sr=8-1/qid=1171919413/ref=sr_1_1/103-2131369-7875815?ie=UTF8&s=books]Link here[/ame]) and realized my lifelong issues were from TOO MUCH estrogen, and after consult with my gyno, started on progesterone cream and it's been like a freaking miracle in my life.

I am past menopause so estrogen is a distant memory. I think I have more testosterone these days. At least, my sprouting beard seems to indicate that. I'd rather have estrogen. But I don't crave carbs. I eat candy and other carbs but I don't just go crazy. Maybe it's a good thing to have completed menopause. The downside is that I have to pee constantly and wear a Poise pad, just in case. Also I have wrinkles I didn't have before, and I think I'm starting to stoop a little. Being a woman is a bitch, don't you think?

Yeah. I have noticed that the estroven has helped me with my ...uhmmm... love life. I feel like a teenager again. Weird, but I do think I needed a little boost.

I have read a lot about the herbs in Estroven and it does not cause any known problems. Safe for use in 18 and up. I think it is like any other Vitamin... if your body needs it it will use it... if not you will pee it out. :)

Will keep you up to date on further developments if any... and please let me know what you have found with estrogen and carbs.

I really need to get back off of carbs...

A guy friend just sent this to me.....

Women, Pregnancy, and Estrogen

PREGNANCY Q & A & more!

Q: Should I have a baby after 35?

A: No, 35 children is enough.

Q: I'm two months pregnant now. When will my baby move?

A: With any luck, right after he finishes college.

Q: What is the most reliable method to determine a baby's sex?

A: Childbirth.

Q: My wife is five months pregnant and so moody that sometimes she's borderline irrational.

A: So what's your question?

Q: My childbirth instructor says it's not pain I'll feel during labour, but pressure. Is she right?

A: Yes, in the same way that a tornado might be called an air current.

Q: When is the best time to get an epidural?

A: Right after you find out you're pregnant.

Q: Is there any reason I have to be in the delivery room while my wife is in labor?

A: Not unless the word "alimony" means anything to you.

Q: Is there anything I should avoid while recovering from childbirth?

A: Yes, pregnancy.

Q: Do I have to have a baby shower?

A: Not if you change the baby's diaper very quickly.

Q: Our baby was born last week. When will my wife begin to feel and act normal again?

A: When the kids are in college.

"ESTROGEN ISSUES"

10 WAYS TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE "ESTROGEN ISSUES"

1. Everyone around you has an attitude problem.

2. You're adding chocolate chips to your cheese omelet.

3. The dryer has shrunk every last pair of your jeans.

4. Your husband is suddenly agreeing to everything you say.

5. You're using your cellular phone to dial up every bumper sticker that says: "How's my driving-call 1- 800-".

6. Everyone's head looks like an invitation to batting practice.

7. Everyone seems to have just landed here from "outer space".

9. You're sure that everyone is scheming to drive you crazy.

10. The ibuprofen bottle is empty and you bought it yesterday..

TOP TEN THINGS ONLY WOMEN UNDERSTAND

10. Cats' facial expressions.

9. The need for the same style of shoes in different colours.

8. Why bean sprouts aren't just weeds.

7. Fat clothes.

6. Taking a car trip without trying to beat your best time.

5. The difference between beige, ecru, cream, off-white, and eggshell.

4. Cutting your hair to make it grow.

3. Eyelash curlers.

2. The inaccuracy of every bathroom scale ever made.

AND, the Number One Number One thing only women understand:

1. OTHER WOMEN