Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost ready for surgery and just got new job. HELP!

What paperwork? Signed by surgeon or new employer? ....never mind. I am not covered. In order for this you have to have worked for the employer. This is a new job.

Once you start you are covered. Is your surgery scheduled after the start date? If so, have your surgeon sign it. You can get the forms from HR

Once you start you are covered. Is your surgery scheduled after the start date? If so' date=' have your surgeon sign it. You can get the forms from HR[/quote']

My surgery is definitely going to be after I start since my orientation is tomorrow and Tuesday. Wednesday will be my first day at work. With the FMLA don't I have to be employed with that company for 12 months in order to be covered?

Yes 12 months or 1500 hours to qualify for FMLA.

Yes 12 months or 1500 hours to qualify for FMLA.

Yes this is why I couldn't use it. I started my job this past December so for the time off I'm using my vacation time and nearly using all of it sadly. After I return to work next Monday (the 10th) I'll only have like 3 days of vacation left.

It's worth it though.

Once you start you are covered. Is your surgery scheduled after the start date? If so' date=' have your surgeon sign it. You can get the forms from HR[/quote']

FMLA doesn't apply to new employees. You have to be on a job 12 months and worked at least 1250 hours during those 12 months.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I've worked at the same place for the last twenty years guess it shows. lol

Long time since I was a new employee.

I just need to have my endoscopy which is scheduled for June 13th to complete all of my requierements to submit everything to my insurance. I have been unemployed for about 1yr and just yesterday I was hired for a new job to start this coming monday. I need some feedback from you guys. #1. Should I tell my new employer about the surgery and risk being let go. #2. Should I just keep quiet about it and try and have surgery on a Friday and return to work on Monday. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. This job pays very well if not I would just not worry. Thanks in advance guys.

I am in the same situation. I have to push back my surgery to August (I started the pre-op process in November) . If it's a good job, wait. The current job market is awful.

I am in the same situation. I have to push back my surgery to August (I started the pre-op process in November) . If it's a good job' date=' wait. The current job market is awful.[/quote']

Finally someone whos in same position I'm in. Did you tell your employer or? I was talking to the company president and told him I needed off on the 13th for an endoscopy. He asked what was wrong? I told him its for a surgery that I my doc says I need. He said no problem. Just told me to tell my manager of any other arrangements I needed and they would work around it. I don't think he knows its bypass though. I was thinking of waiting the 90 days also.

I recommend waiting at least the ninety days. I waited a while before telling my employer. I guess it depends on the job. Is this your ideal job? Are you willing to risk it?

I recommend waiting at least the ninety days. I waited a while before telling my employer. I guess it depends on the job. Is this your ideal job? Are you willing to risk it?

I would have to wait til sept. I waited this long another 90 days prob wont hurt.

I am in a position where I just couldn't risk it. You have to be so careful nowadays.

I am in a position where I just couldn't risk it. You have to be so careful nowadays.

I will just keep doing my visits to nutritionist, etc and by then I will have lost more pre surgery weight. I had my first visit with surgeons office in beginning of May. They said my PCPs weighins for last 6 months would be sufficient with 3 additional visits to them. Endoscopy is last if pre surgery requierements. The wait will just make my case stronger for insurance.