Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I get asked this question all the time. Yesterday I went to the endocrinologist and the medical assistant weighed me and I weighed 195. She looked at my chart and noticed I ve lost a considerable amount and asked me if the surgery was worth it. I try and be polite and I know people are just curious but sigh I get asked this question from my mom to the mail man. Everyone who knows wants to know if it was worth it. Truth is my journey isn't over with I don't know yet, it's only been 6 months. So what do you guys say? Are you asked this too?

No one ever.ask me this question in real life :) if they did I would say yes

My reply is always - it was the best decision of my life. I gained my life back!

I would say a big, definate YES! I feel so much more in control now and can't wait for the final results! A healthy future is in store for me!

People always ask how I have lost so much weight....I tell them that I have had bariatric surgery. They always ask how it is going-I tell them, great, I am only 7 months out and still have 40 lbs to go. Then they ask if I ever had trouble-I tell them that I am lucky and have no problems.

All my friends and co-workers don't ask if it was worth it, but do remark about the weight I have lost and how good I look. With those comments, I believe they know it was worth it.

I guess I probably get asked this more because I have had so many complications.

For me it was not worth it I'm still healing had surgery on jan 15 still have a small whole that has to heal from inside out only lost 44lbs can exercise can't lift more then 10lbs my hair has fallen out badly that I have blad spots and u can't see my scalp :(

When I am asking if it was worth it, I always say, "My surgery was March 11th so ask me next March 11th and I will be able to give an answer. I always get asked " How much have you lost this week" I hate that since I am trying to concentrate on eating correcting and Portion Control and let the numbers take care of themselves. It has been 10 weeks post op for me and each month it does get a little better. Our bodies need time to heal and we are all experiencing similar and yet different problems that need to be overcomed with the help of a good nutrionist and surgeon. I have been experiencing Hair loss and now I am taking high dose of Biotin for hair, skin and nails. I am just starting my 2nd week on biotin and I am hoping to see a difference in about a month or so. It takes time for this Vitamins to kick in.

LoL never thought about it but I do get asked a lot and with out hesitation I always say yes. It has been no where near easy but I'd do it again in a heartbeat :-D I think the question that still sticks out to me is the... What about loose skin? Um would rather have loose skin then carry around the extra 140 pounds I was carrying around :-)

For me it was not worth it I'm still healing had surgery on jan 15 still have a small whole that has to heal from inside out only lost 44lbs can exercise can't lift more then 10lbs my hair has fallen out badly that I have blad spots and u can't see my scalp :(

Sorry to hear that, I hope you heal and feel better soon xox