Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 11 days out from gastric bypass. During the day, I usually feel pretty good. The most I have is discomfort. When night time hits, that's when the actual pain starts. I'm trying not to over do it with pain meds. Did anyone go through this? I feel like I'm not getting any sleep because of the pain.

I'm 11 days out from gastric bypass. During the day' date=' I usually feel pretty good. The most I have is discomfort. When night time hits, that's when the actual pain starts. I'm trying not to over do it with pain meds. Did anyone go through this? I feel like I'm not getting any sleep because of the pain.[/quote']

Im day 4 post op, and have pain at night too. (The reason I am up at 1am) maybe the pain builds up due to you not taking meds during the day?? Try a heating pad. I heard it suggested here, and it feels soooo good! On low, and not directly on the skin. I think my pain comes from falling asleep and laying too long in one position. I am also a stomach sleeper, so once the wounds are healed, it should get better. Not working now anyhow, so if I'm up at night, oh well. LOL

Im day 4 post op' date=' and have pain at night too. (The reason I am up at 1am) maybe the pain builds up due to you not taking meds during the day?? Try a heating pad. I heard it suggested here, and it feels soooo good! On low, and not directly on the skin. I think my pain comes from falling asleep and laying too long in one position. I am also a stomach sleeper, so once the wounds are healed, it should get better. Not working now anyhow, so if I'm up at night, oh well. LOL[/quote']

Same here I cant get comfortable

Same here I cant get comfortable

I'll be up all night too probably

I have this - it's getting better with time. Apparently it's related to our bodies disagreeing with the operating room table. I've been off daytime pain meds for some time now, but still am under doc's orders to take something when I go to sleep, and then pop a tylenol upon first waking afterwards. I had the worst insomnia before we figured that out. Now I've gotten into a routine of sleeping until my pain meds wear off, be up for about an hour to an hour and a half while waiting for the tylenol to kick in, and then sleeping through till morning afterwards. Way the heck better than being up every hour or two due to pain!

If you don't need your pain meds during the day I would not take them but I sure as heck would at night even start a couple of hours before you go to bed. The thing with pain is that once you get past a certain point you cannot control is no matter how much meds you take. The point is to not let your pain get so out of control. When you first start to feel uncomfortable I would take something then repeat.

I am 4 days post op and have had more difficulty at night as well. I think mine is still due to all the gas. The past 3 mornings I have been up between 3-5am feeling like I'm going to explode. Lol

I'm glad I'm not alone. I try and take a pain pill before bed. I end up waking up like clock work at midnight at 4am with the pain. I can't wait till I can be able to get a full night of sleep

Mine is pretty intense tonight as well. The left front and back area. Feels good to lie on my right side, but can't do that all day! :) hope its done soon, so I can start enjoying this weight loss

I'm 11 days out and until recently I was having the same problem. I would save my painkillers for nighttime and take them half an hour before bed. I would still wake up occasionally but the pain wasn't as bad.

So yesterday, I had hardly any pain and today my left side is causing me a lot of pain. :( Is very frustrating, as I just wanna be able to go, go, go. I am only comfortable reclining all the way back in recliner or laying on right side. I had bowel movement this am, so don't think its that. It's also not the incision, as that is healed already. Am hoping this goes away soon!