Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 9 weeks out and have actually been feeling hunger, and just now was able to eat a lean pocket in 40 minutes. Feel like I've screwed up this new stomach already and I'm just gonna whale out.

Original weight 298, Pre Op 273, Current 241, GW 160.

......a whole lean pocket? I don't think you should be able to do that! Have you talked to your surgeon or nut yet?

Just start a new day. My surgery was 2/14 and I get hungry and can eat a larger amount then most based on this sight. My Doc went against what the Nut says, and told me 3 meals, not 6 small and No No No snacking even in string cheese etc.,,,if I feel hungry drink and nothing else. That was last friday at my 6 week appt where I only lost 4 lbs in 4 wks!! I have now exercised everyday for one hour walking and jogging and have lost 9 lbs in 4 days!!!

Surgery 2/14-217 , CW 191 GW 140

This just really sucks, and so many people on here will just jump down your throat and judge u in 5 seconds, so not how I thought it would be.

Original weight 298, Pre Op 273, Current 241, GW 160.

I don't think you've screwed up your stomach. Is it because of the length of time you are taking to eat? Maybe some of it is working it's way through and making room for more before you're done. If it's taking that long, you're obviously chewing well, like you're supposed to. That mushy stuff can push through. Just an idea.

I don't think anyone meant to jump down your throat, I think it's just a team effort at problem solving here. We all have stuff that comes up and makes us feel insecure and we can learn from each other's experiences. We are all learning together the best way to get along with our pouches and the best way to use our new weight loss tool. It's good to share problems and discuss solutions. Every one of us might come up against the same thing at some point.

Who jumped down her throat? If you meant me, no, I didn't. I've never judged or jumped down anyone throat. I was concerned and asking if she'd talked to her surgeon or nut. That's who I would call. It could be something simple. Like maybe trying drinking before you eat. It's called Water loading. How many ounces is one? And yes, it might be that it's carbs and they force through quickly. Maybe something more substantial, like solid Protein and THEN then lean pocket? I don't know. I'm new to this. I'm still on liquids.

And, I want to be able to post here in a nice and respectful manner and I'd appreciate the same. I think that was an oversensitive reaction because I don't think anyone jumped anybody. Well. Except for you jumping us about being jumpers. BLAH, see where this kind of thing goes?

Who jumped down her throat? If you meant me' date=' no, I didn't. I've never judged or jumped down anyone throat. I was concerned and asking if she'd talked to her surgeon or nut. That's who I would call. It could be something simple. Like maybe trying drinking before you eat. It's called Water loading. How many ounces is one? And yes, it might be that it's carbs and they force through quickly. Maybe something more substantial, like solid Protein and THEN then lean pocket? I don't know. I'm new to this. I'm still on liquids.

And, I want to be able to post here in a nice and respectful manner and I'd appreciate the same. I think that was an oversensitive reaction because I don't think anyone jumped anybody. Well. Except for you jumping us about being jumpers. BLAH, see where this kind of thing goes?[/quote']

Nella join my world, I get accused of judging all the time on these blogs. Hang in there some people are just to sensitive and shouldn't be posting things they do wrong...Its like self sabotage. Yes I will be bashed by supporting you and thats ok:-)

weight.png

Well this is the first issue I've had. I really didn't mean offense and wish it hadn't been taken that way. I live in a small town. I don't even have the option of going to support groups unless I drive over 100 miles. I need somewhere to come and get support. So hopefully this was just a misunderstanding. I'll admit when I do something wrong, but I won't be called out on something I didn't do without defending myself. :) It's all good. Being angry on the internet is pretty pointless and I try to always remember that. Some like to stir up stuff, some like to vent...I just want to find like minded folk.

I would call my surgeon or nut, though. That's just me.

I hope I did not offend anyone. I just have my experience of losing very minimal and I was in a rut not eating "properly" early on. I just wanted to give my change info to encourage not judge!! When anyone puts what they have eaten, good or bad respectful and encouragement is what should be offered. No one is perfect and everyone will have many emotional challenges in this journey. I didn't eat a lean pocket, but ate sugar free ice cream and nut roll with no issue. I wish I could dump, but I don't and I had or have 5 one inch incisions and a 6 inch incision in the middle of my so called abs. I got very depressed and recover was horrible. I thought I made a mistake during the rough days, but I am better now. Talking with the surgeon, nutritionist, & a few close friends, and this app with some amazing encouragement, I back!!! I guess I needed a big kick in the buttocks. I feel almost normal now, still have some incision pains and swelling which doc says is normal. I only meant love and encouragement.

Surgery 2/14-217 , CW 191 GW 140

I can eat 1 hot pocket. Let me reread. I missed Something.

9 weeks if you took 40 mins no harm done. I wasn't able to eat that in 9 weeks took me like 4/5 months to actually eat real food or things I like. I would suggest to try to limit those food for when your a few more weeks. Eat fish salmon mash potato more Protein food which will benefit you in the long run then once in a whole have a lean pocket/hot pocket.

It's been 2 weeks since I had my surgery and my weight loss is not what it should. I've been trying to eat and drink right but i just can't stand the taste of pureed food. Can someone please give me suggestions on what type of food to eat and drink. I have all the information that my nutritionist gave me but, I will like to get advise from people who actually had the surgery... and what type of exercises to do each day.

.....This is going to sound bad...but my favorite food EVER is the pretzel lean pocket with jalapenos....I'm kind of happy to know I might be able to eat one someday. La'Shaunda: chicken and salt with some greek yogurt pureed for chicken salad? I would use the canned chicken. That's what I have planned. Greek yogurt, it's a good source of Protein. I know people that puree chili. I've been digging refried Beans, sour cream and a ton of chedder blended and heated in the micro lately. It just has to be the consistency of thick Soup. Right now I'm just walking. I was told no hard core exercise or lifting for 6 weeks. So mine told me to walk as long as possible each day. We live in the country and I have a pretty long driveway. I just pace it. Up and down up and down. My mister and cub go with me. It's actually fun. We talk about our days. I'm sure our neighbors think we're quite mad.

Oh, and I've only lost 12 lbs. I had surgery on 4.01. You get pumped full of fluids at the hospital and you just got cut and rearranged. It throws you into shock. I was feeling horrible about not having lost any by day 5. I had a lot of support from people telling me that's normal. I finally realized.....just like when I went on a diet with someone that didn't have hashimotos or PCOS, we're all going to lose at different rates. Just let your body find it's stride. It will. And I have discovered a LOVE of apple juice. I don't dilute and it doesn't bother me. I love love love love juicy juice. I also like Water wtih great value sport blue with b Vitamins. And dasani drops pineapple coconut. I'm taking a scoop of Protein Powder and mixing it in half of a premade Atkins shake twice a day. That gives me 57 grams of Protein. Then whatever I can choke down.