Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For pre-ops who have heard RNY horror stories...

Your the reason I came to this site - people who have supportive good stories - yes, there will be bad - but the sky is falling whoa is me torture stories have another place - NOT HERE. They seem to seep into each and every conversation - but that’s life - there’s always an Eeyore in every circle -

Your the reason I came to this site - people who have supportive good stories - yes' date=' there will be bad - but the sky is falling whoa is me torture stories have another place - NOT HERE. They seem to seep into each and every conversation - but that’s life - there’s always an Eeyore in every circle -[/quote']

Am I an Eeyore? No. Did I have severe complications and possibly could have died? Yup. But life goes on and things are getting better (I hope). So, if I don't belong here, where have you found that I can go??

I thought this forum was about acceptance and caring....

(To the original poster- I'm glad you posted about your success. :) I believe it's important to keep spirits up, too!)

Am I an Eeyore? No. Did I have severe complications and possibly could have died? Yup. But life goes on and things are getting better (I hope). So' date=' if I don't belong here, where have you found that I can go??

I thought this forum was about acceptance and caring....

(To the original poster- I'm glad you posted about your success. :) I believe it's important to keep spirits up, too!)[/quote']

I believe this site is about telling your story! If that happens to be a bad one, no one has the right to tell you to go somewhere else to post about it. If they don't like it, they don't have to come to the site. Then they won't have to read about it! Glad you are doing better. Don't let others get you down and keep posting your story if it helps you too! Best wishes!

I'm 5yrs out and I am brutally honest about this surgery. I am the type I'd rather you tell me like it is instead of sugar coating it. I've lied to myself almost my whole life with the "I don't eat that much.." excuse. I am where I am today because I did it to myself. The obesity I did myself and the surgery I did to myself. I accept my actions and trust me its a dark life when ur in a hospital and all u have is urself and ur thoughts. I do not intend to terrify ppl to have the surgery but I can say this I care enough for my fellow bari patients to tell yall the truth and what can happen. Bariatric surgery has became so mainstream now I fear a lot don't take this seriously hence why suicide, sex addictio. Or alcoholism rates are so high for us. The reason you will probably hear about my story in every post is bc I would have truly appreciated someone in my pre-op post-op days coming to me with the truth. Instead I felt dooped. Out of all the reading on forums etc not once were there a person openly honest about how it truly affected them.

Do you know how hard it is to be deathly sick and you hear rude comments from nurses such as "bet ya wished u had just got a gym membership huh?!" Or to have your family just get tired of listening or you lose relationships bc of your condition? It really hurts to come to a site and literally pour your heart out only to be berated by somebody you look to for support. We may weave our story in all the time but we do so bc we know or HOPE fellow bari pt will listen and not mind to do so bc unlike everyone else we r all supposed to be on the same road.

Accept us all no matter what bc haven't we lived a life of hell prior to surgery due to the constant degeading conments and stares...let this be the one place u can trust to come to and know ur not going to be hurt..we r all entitled to that.

=)

I'm sorry, Debbiebydesign. I never intended to hijack your thread and make it into the very opposite of what you intended. My sincerest apologies for what it has become. My comment was made because I was a little bit frustrated with another user's comment- comments for that matter- since I have seen them in multiple locations! And I wanted to see if I could gently show this user that we all love this forum because it gives us a place that we belong in a world where many of us (ME) never felt like I belonged. I was hoping to help her see that comments can be unproductive sometimes and hurt! In trying to make that point, I ended up (potentially) doing the same thing she did and hurting others. Again, I am sorry, and I support you and your journey and am thrilled about your success and your postings of all the great things to come for our Pre-op friends! <3

I'm 5yrs out and I am brutally honest about this surgery. I am the type I'd rather you tell me like it is instead of sugar coating it. I've lied to myself almost my whole life with the "I don't eat that much.." excuse. I am where I am today because I did it to myself. The obesity I did myself and the surgery I did to myself. I accept my actions and trust me its a dark life when ur in a hospital and all u have is urself and ur thoughts. I do not intend to terrify ppl to have the surgery but I can say this I care enough for my fellow bari patients to tell yall the truth and what can happen. Bariatric surgery has became so mainstream now I fear a lot don't take this seriously hence why suicide' date=' sex addictio. Or alcoholism rates are so high for us. The reason you will probably hear about my story in every post is bc I would have truly appreciated someone in my pre-op post-op days coming to me with the truth. Instead I felt dooped. Out of all the reading on forums etc not once were there a person openly honest about how it truly affected them.

Do you know how hard it is to be deathly sick and you hear rude comments from nurses such as "bet ya wished u had just got a gym membership huh?!" Or to have your family just get tired of listening or you lose relationships bc of your condition? It really hurts to come to a site and literally pour your heart out only to be berated by somebody you look to for support. We may weave our story in all the time but we do so bc we know or HOPE fellow bari pt will listen and not mind to do so bc unlike everyone else we r all supposed to be on the same road.

Accept us all no matter what bc haven't we lived a life of hell prior to surgery due to the constant degeading conments and stares...let this be the one place u can trust to come to and know ur not going to be hurt..we r all entitled to that.

=)[/quote']

I'm 5yrs out and I am brutally honest about this surgery. I am the type I'd rather you tell me like it is instead of sugar coating it. I've lied to myself almost my whole life with the "I don't eat that much.." excuse. I am where I am today because I did it to myself. The obesity I did myself and the surgery I did to myself. I accept my actions and trust me its a dark life when ur in a hospital and all u have is urself and ur thoughts. I do not intend to terrify ppl to have the surgery but I can say this I care enough for my fellow bari patients to tell yall the truth and what can happen. Bariatric surgery has became so mainstream now I fear a lot don't take this seriously hence why suicide' date=' sex addictio. Or alcoholism rates are so high for us. The reason you will probably hear about my story in every post is bc I would have truly appreciated someone in my pre-op post-op days coming to me with the truth. Instead I felt dooped. Out of all the reading on forums etc not once were there a person openly honest about how it truly affected them.

=)[/quote']

Well said. There are rude comments galore on this site by certain people and it should not be allowed. Makes me want to not join in, but I do find great support from others so I keep coming back. Gets hard to overlook personal attacks at times and I feel I must speak up. Hope you are doing well and keep posting. There are people that WILL listen and give their support! Best wishes!

Well said. There are rude comments galore on this site by certain people and it should not be allowed. Makes me want to not join in' date=' but I do find great support from others so I keep coming back. Gets hard to overlook personal attacks at times and I feel I must speak up. Hope you are doing well and keep posting. There are people that WILL listen and give their support! Best wishes![/quote']

What people are trying to say is we have seen all the bad stories and do not need anymore shoved down our throats. I want to support you, but I don't want to see things like "warning this surgery ruined my life... don't do this" . If you feel you wished someone told you before, then you did not do enough research. I feel fully prepared for the choice I am making and raised my life insurance just in case. You guys are saying people are not giving their honest experience here, but they are! Not everyone has had a bad experience. We are getting a lot of bad stuff from family and friends and joined this site for support and not warnings. You are entitled to get support too, but you don't have to be negative in every post and bring others down with you. Sorry, but if you want honesty I am definitely always the first to give it. Don't hijack a nice thread make your own gloomy thread and those of is who chose to read it will. This is the last place I want to be judged about the decision I am about to make. I have a friend who is successful with rny and one who died from it. I know the risks.

How do u know that by us giving a snippet in our replies that somebody despirate to find out why this or that's hurting isn't going to change and improve their life bc they did a random search on Google and up comes one of our threads? Honestly u can be as informed as much as possible but until you experience u really have no idea all you know is facts and honestly that doesn't compare to living it. Out of all the research I did I never read about volvulus, Hernias, spasms, unknow diarrhea, new sensitivities etc. I read on the prior forum how wonderful life changing and happy they all were. . .then here I sat thinking oh my god I'm the only person with this so I wouldn't even talk about it. My family really didn't understand nor did my friends. I don't think its right yall think we need to censor our posts bc you don't like to read repeats. Well I'm sorry if that's how it is but I have no family and all my friends are states away. So yeah I may repeat myself and annoy the hell out of you with my bad days but know that when your posting about the positives and progress the ones sick are behind yall supporting you and encouraging we deserve the same no matter if we do repeat ourselves a billion times we all cope differently and I for one am one of those habitual repeaters but look at my situation. My mother is dead, my biological father left me at 9mos I have no bros sisters aunts uncles. I'm disabled I spend my life inside the house day in and day out talking to a weiner dog. My bf just said yesterday how much more happier I seem since I joined this site. I go to a therapist weekly but I want friends I can rely on bitch to and laugh with. I already get treated like crap by medical profession all we want is to come here bs laugh and know there's support. Its not support if ur bias and only want to hear the good. Sorry but that isn't how things work and don't you think thst while yall are reading our bad days that we aren't sitting there mad we aren't apart of the non complicated groups? We don't like being this way matter of fact it pissed me off my surgery came with complications.

What people are trying to say is we have seen all the bad stories and do not need anymore shoved down our throats. I want to support you' date=' but I don't want to see things like "warning this surgery ruined my life... don't do this" . If you feel you wished someone told you before, then you did not do enough research. I feel fully prepared for the choice I am making and raised my life insurance just in case. You guys are saying people are not giving their honest experience here, but they are! Not everyone has had a bad experience. We are getting a lot of bad stuff from family and friends and joined this site for support and not warnings. You are entitled to get support too, but you don't have to be negative in every post and bring others down with you. Sorry, but if you want honesty I am definitely always the first to give it. Don't hijack a nice thread make your own gloomy thread and those of is who chose to read it will. This is the last place I want to be judged about the decision I am about to make. I have a friend who is successful with rny and one who died from it. I know the risks.[/quote']

I too am very informed of what can happen. I have done tons of research. I don't know why you are directing this to me, but i have always been supportive and never judged. My post was about NOT judging and letting people tell their story. I have not been negative at all. If I see something I don't agree with, or don't want to hear, I ignore it, but I feel like I must stand up for others and be honest when people are being rude.

How about TROLLS and EYORES - and how about EVERY SINGLE POST has something hideous about their experience - and those words start making anyone question their decisions to have surgery - not everyone can walk into an office and get approved in a few days -

Dare I be accused of disagreeing, pointing out the nut jobs, - or worse - shriek - JUDGING!!!!

How about TROLLS and EYORES - and how about EVERY SINGLE POST has something hideous about their experience - and those words start making anyone question their decisions to have surgery - not everyone can walk into an office and get approved in a few days -

Dare I be accused of disagreeing' date=' pointing out the nut jobs, - or worse - shriek - JUDGING!!!![/quote']

There is a difference between disagreeing with someone and being disrespectful. We are all people here, everyone different and none perfect. I don't always like the negative posts either, but I realize that this is someone's journey and they want to share it and may need help. Pass on the negative posts and read the ones you want. That way we can all enjoy this site. It is up to each person to be informed and aware of the risks, and if you are, I feel that even the bad posts shouldn't deter you from the decision to have the surgery.

D - for Dorian - I feel like we are close enough I can call you D - I LOVE what you posted - I am right there with you - support your position and hope you realize that. Thank you for posting what you said...

Signed - the person accused of judging and can’t seem to get away from writing judging each and every post because it has now become humorous to me.

What people are trying to say is we have seen all the bad stories and do not need anymore shoved down our throats...

This is the last place I want to be judged about the decision I am about to make....I know the risks.

AMEN...

in the most non-judgemental way I can say it.

signed...

not judging.