Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

I understand what you mean. I have only just begun to be tempted by foods I haven't had since per-surgery. When I spoke to my doctor at the 6month checkup, I told him I was starting to get hungry more often, especially at night, which may cause me to snack. He said to eat more Protein, yogurt, etc. like you, I've been living on yogurt and the mostly forbidden food, cheese. Heading to my relatives on Thursday, facing that Mac and cheese, deep fried turkey and smothered green Beans, I'm getting a little nervous. I'll be thinking about you, Alaina, because you are a very strong person, and I know we can do this!

Have those foods you want and crave but just one portion. If we refuse to eat the things we like, we will never be successful. Just gotta refuse the second and third helpings or the grazing all day. We have worked too hard to blow it just beacuse the holidays are near. Look back at some of the old pksts and what we went through. That'll remind you to be strong. You can do this!

Scary, isn't it? My family wants me to make pies...like 6 of them... I really don't want to bake pies or cookie...just the smell gets me going. I plan on being on here a lot to get support. Can you sit down with your family to explain? Can you get some safe food to eat? Stay strong, you got this!

You can always take your own safe food. I would take my Protein Powder and yogurts if I was gonna be somewhere for the holidays. Also some healthy Snacks for the sweet tooth so you can avoid the candies and pies.

Scary, isn't it? My family wants me to make pies...like 6 of them... I really don't want to bake pies or cookie...just the smell gets me going. I plan on being on here a lot to get support. Can you sit down with your family to explain? Can you get some safe food to eat? Stay strong, you got this!

You can always take your own safe food. I would take my Protein powder and yogurts if I was gonna be somewhere for the holidays. Also some healthy Snacks for the sweet tooth so you can avoid the candies and pies.

We can do this together. I so appreciate all of you!

So my family visiting yesterday went great. It was actually nice to see my family. I even got to me my second cousin Lola Lea. She is one month old and a doll!! Couldnt hold her cuz of my back but sheayed next to me on my bed and we talked! ;)

Weight was up 4 lbs today at 219. Dont think ive been eating much but I think my fluids havent hit the mark in a few days. It hard when you have to lie down so much. Hope everyone is having a happy Sunday.

Keep us posted on your back, Dori..glad you had a good time.

I love all u guys! Y'all always are so helpful. I told my mama I didn't need feeding. I come from a very severely obese family and they think I look way to thin now and she doesn't get the concept of how the small sizes keep my body going. I told her that's why I eat smaller frequent meals. I had a talk with her as we were making food boxes for some families about how concerned I was for her health and her diabetes being so severe and wish she would consider rny. I don't think it really sank in tho. She later checked her blood sugar then started eating some candy.

I ran to Walmart and grabbed a few safe foods. Yest I was weak and had some bad bad stuff. Today...trying hard to avoid the breakdown. I do think I was having a easier time today cause I had some yest.

Happy Sunday y'all!

So my family visiting yesterday went great. It was actually nice to see my family. I even got to me my second cousin Lola Lea. She is one month old and a doll!! Couldnt hold her cuz of my back but sheayed next to me on my bed and we talked! ;) Weight was up 4 lbs today at 219. Dont think ive been eating much but I think my fluids havent hit the mark in a few days. It hard when you have to lie down so much. Hope everyone is having a happy Sunday.

Love that name Lola! Glad u got to see the fam. Hopefully tues can give more insight on your back and what as going on. Extra prayers that u heal up and get ready to kick butt soon!! Mucho love!

You guys are great! We can make it through this holiday because we have each other!

Heading off to see the spine surgeon. Thank god I will finally get these 51 staples out of my back! They itch and keep pinching me. Hope he will be able to tell me why I am having this terrible leg pain. My hubby had to help me finish showering and dressing it was so bad this morning. Fingers crossed for some answers!

Hi, guys sorry I have been stupid busy with the new job. Doing really good in the 100's club. now I love to go shopping, I can go anywhere and get clothes. I get update from the forum, you guys are doing well.

Heading off to see the spine surgeon. Thank god I will finally get these 51 staples out of my back! They itch and keep pinching me. Hope he will be able to tell me why I am having this terrible leg pain. My hubby had to help me finish showering and dressing it was so bad this morning. Fingers crossed for some answers!

Hopefully they can give u some answers. I know it will have to be a relief to get the staples out. Let us know how u are. Hope they can get u fixed and feeling brand new!

Hopefully they can give u some answers. I know it will have to be a relief to get the staples out. Let us know how u are. Hope they can get u fixed and feeling brand new!

Ditto...it's answer time. Sorry you hurt So badly....praying you feel better, jom

I'm down 112 lbs as if Friday...definitely need some new clothes again.lol. Good thing Christmas is coming. On a more somber note, I found out that I need vascular decompression surgery in my brain to relieve the weird ear pain and stroke like symptoms I've had since June...BRAIN surgery. I'm so scared. The ear pain I get is excruciating, I end up in the er about twice a month. I really feel like I'm out of options. I'm going to try to schedule surgery in Dec...already met my deductible, so now is the time, I guess. Hope you all are well....

I'm down 112 lbs as if Friday...definitely need some new clothes again.lol. Good thing Christmas is coming. On a more somber note, I found out that I need vascular decompression surgery in my brain to relieve the weird ear pain and stroke like symptoms I've had since June...BRAIN surgery. I'm so scared. The ear pain I get is excruciating, I end up in the er about twice a month. I really feel like I'm out of options. I'm going to try to schedule surgery in Dec...already met my deductible, so now is the time, I guess. Hope you all are well....

Praying for you!!! But at least you have a answer to what is wrong.