Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

So I'm really depressed lately...it's autumn, and I struggle in autumn. Broke, in debt, and feeling hopeless....it's like I have no ambition for much, and I keep getting weird ailments that keep me more disabled and unable to work..I have a Masters degree I'm not even using...just feeling arrgh!

You're in Waukesha, right? If so, the weather here in WI can't be helping you, either. It's been so gloomy. :-(. Is there a WLS support group nearby that you could attend? Perhaps that would help lift your spirits? I hope things turn around soon for you!

Molly

We close on our house in a week. The movers come this wed to get stuff. We don't actually leave for Denver til the 1st part of Jan so puts us scrambling to get all we need for a month packed away and out from where the movers would take it. We stay in a short term rental for that month. I guess selling your house early is a good prob to have :) it's just kinda a bit extra effort. That and having to go through crap is annoying. Certain things they won't move and I have to go through papers. I'm ready for a break!

I know how you feel. We sold our first house in three days! We thought it would take time and that we would have time to get ready. It was the most stressful time of our lives - needing to move an entire household and the contents of my husbands four car garage in less than thirty days while working and caring for three young children. We had to pack, find a rental, move, start preparations to build our next house, and make a million other decisions. Then I was general contractor for the new house because my hubby got sick. I had to coordinate all the contractors, work, and maintain a normal homelife. It's amazing I managed to keep my sanity!

Take it slow, if you can. If not, pack it all. I ended up packing everything and going through it as I unpacked in the new place. It was much less stressful. Try to take a little time for yourself to recharge. Good luck to you!

Thanks. It is bad this am again. Didnt sleep well cuz I usually sleep on my right side and thats the side that hurts. So I tried to go more on my back but thats not comfortable with 50 staples either! Oh well it wont be forever! I'll be the first one on the phone with dr office at 8am. Thanks for the support and love. Not alot of that going arou d on this site anymore!♥

Hope the leg pain goes away for you. I still have pain that shoots down half the time. Work hard at therapy, because the tightening of those lower back muscles 24/7 gets old fast!

I know how you feel. We sold our first house in three days! We thought it would take time and that we would have time to get ready. It was the most stressful time of our lives - needing to move an entire household and the contents of my husbands four car garage in less than thirty days while working and caring for three young children. We had to pack, find a rental, move, start preparations to build our next house, and make a million other decisions. Then I was general contractor for the new house because my hubby got sick. I had to coordinate all the contractors, work, and maintain a normal homelife. It's amazing I managed to keep my sanity! Take it slow, if you can. If not, pack it all. I ended up packing everything and going through it as I unpacked in the new place. It was much less stressful. Try to take a little time for yourself to recharge. Good luck to you!

Thank u! I have the hubby almost standing on his head stressed and I'm just trying to make sure at least the most important stuff is done. My son asked me if we were going to be hobos! I've had to laugh and explain things will be ok. It will soon..just gotta make it through this week!

What ailments have you had? What's your degree in? It sounds like you need to find more purpose in your life. Have you looked into finding temporary or even part time ways to use your degree? I quit teaching years ago to stay home with my daughter and getting back into the workforce took effort and time, but it paid off. I had to work as an instructional assistant or substitute for years. Perhaps you could find something similar. Just remember, this too shall pass. Hang in there and keep looking for ways to turn it around.

My degree us in education, with an emphasis on gifted education. I left the workforce in 2000 after a heart surgery damaged nerves in my back, side, and chest. I was left with chronic regional pain syndrome. You're right, I do need more purpose in my life. I do alot of volunteer work with my therapy dog Jed... He's great. I just have it stuck in my mind that if I'm not working, I'm not contributing...need a mind shift. I've had clinical depression for years, it just gets worse in winter....just a bad stretch of time. I've had some weird health problems this year, and it really cut into my exercise....doesn't help either. I will reconnect with my therapist this week, and get to the dog park with my baby...thanks for the support, you guys...just feeling down. I'm in Oconomowoc, by the way. Weather us supposed to be better today.

I just wanted to say in sorry u are feeling down. Hope things look up for u. U have been through a lot of health issues the last few months.

Can u tutor at home? I know for sure if u lived in FL close by I would love to have y tutor my little man.

I'm on quite few tutor lists...nothing so far, but you never know! I'd love to tutor your little guy, especially if it meant living in Fla! You guys are moving to Denver, right? Glad your house sold.. Sorry you have to move twice....but Colorado us so beautiful. Have you lived in Fla. long?

Hope the leg pain goes away for you. I still have pain that shoots down half the time. Work hard at therapy, because the tightening of those lower back muscles 24/7 gets old fast!

Thanks and so do I! Its nice to have someone here who has been through this too! I dont even start any therapy until 6 weeks out but I plan to do whatever I have to to make this a successful surgery. I am sooooo tired of dealing with back and leg pain and im sure those around me are tired of hearing about it too.

So I'm really depressed lately...it's autumn, and I struggle in autumn. Broke, in debt, and feeling hopeless....it's like I have no ambition for much, and I keep getting weird ailments I that keep me more disabled and unable to work. have a Masters degree I'm not even using...just feeling arrgh!

Sorry you're feeling down my dear but know that you're not alone! Its not the season for me, I love autum , but all that hass happened lately. I hqve been out of work since February and am broke and in debt too. ;) I hope things look up for you soon and you get out of the rut you're in. Many hugs! ♥

I'm on quite few tutor lists...nothing so far, but you never know! I'd love to tutor your little guy, especially if it meant living in Fla! You guys are moving to Denver, right? Glad your house sold.. Sorry you have to move twice....but Colorado us so beautiful. Have you lived in Fla. long?

Fl for over 4 years. Love it here. It's became home. I'm getting more excited for CO I think. I'm just nervous. Will miss being able to hop in my car and drive 4hrs to my parents. That's the change I'm must uneasy about.

You're in Waukesha, right? If so, the weather here in WI can't be helping you, either. It's been so gloomy. :-(. Is there a WLS support group nearby that you could attend? Perhaps that would help lift your spirits? I hope things turn around soon for you!

Molly

Where are you in WI? Sorry if I asked that before but I done remember. Im in Beaver Dam.

Where are you in WI? Sorry if I asked that before but I done remember. Im in Beaver Dam.

I'm in oconomowoc...not too far from you..when you're feeling up to it, let's get together, maybe with others from the area. How are you feeling today, Dori? Was the dr. able to tell you anything? By the way, are you FREEZING this year like I am? I'm losing my insulation!

Sorry you're feeling down my dear but know that you're not alone! Its not the season for me, I love autum , but all that hass happened lately. I hqve been out of work since February and am broke and in debt too. ;) I hope things look up for you soon and you get out of the rut you're in. Many hugs! ♥

Thanks, babe!

Fl for over 4 years. Love it here. It's became home. I'm getting more excited for CO I think. I'm just nervous. Will miss being able to hop in my car and drive 4hrs to my parents. That's the change I'm must uneasy about.

That's going to be a big change, for sure...I stay here mainly because my family is here..I'd miss my kids, and Junior year in high school would be a hard time to move my baby...If it's in God's plan, we'll move someday.

I'm in oconomowoc...not too far from you..when you're feeling up to it, let's get together, maybe with others from the area. How are you feeling today, Dori? Was the dr. able to tell you anything? By the way, are you FREEZING this year like I am? I'm losing my insulation!

The dr said that it may be a normal part of healing that usually occurs between 7 and 10 dayz post op. Since mine started on day 4 into 5 and due to the severity of my leg pain, he was not sure that this is what it was. I am to keep doing what im doing until Thursday and then call them with an update. I nay have to do for some xrays. The pain is still the same today. I am only able stand or sit for about 10 minutes at a time and then I have to lie down. The pain gets intense and my toes and foot area goes numb. Very odd and scary!

The dr said that it may be a normal part of healing that usually occurs between 7 and 10 dayz post op. Since mine started on day 4 into 5 and due to the severity of my leg pain, he was not sure that this is what it was. I am to keep doing what im doing until Thursday and then call them with an update. I nay have to do for some xrays. The pain is still the same today. I am only able stand or sit for about 10 minutes at a time and then I have to lie down. The pain gets intense and my toes and foot area goes numb. Very odd and scary!

Prayers and hugs...wish the dr. had more definitive news. We're thinking about you!