Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

Anyone who works in some form of retail knows how fricken messed up this week is. That is all.....

Anyone who works in some form of retail knows how fricken messed up this week is. That is all.....

God bless those who work in retail, period...hard to deal with the public all day :)

God bless you retail workers! I'll be out there Friday but it's more for fun. I drink coffee, follow my daughter around and people watch, and I'm sure you know there's a LOT to watch on black Friday! Some of these people are fricken CRAZY! Lol

As for the coffee, I saw my nut today and she said I can have it now. Friday I'll find out if I still like it. :-)

Edited by terry1118

Dori, any news from the doctor? Thinking of you and hoping you feel better today.

I'm down 112 lbs as if Friday...definitely need some new clothes again.lol. Good thing Christmas is coming. On a more somber note, I found out that I need vascular decompression surgery in my brain to relieve the weird ear pain and stroke like symptoms I've had since June...BRAIN surgery. I'm so scared. The ear pain I get is excruciating, I end up in the er about twice a month. I really feel like I'm out of options. I'm going to try to schedule surgery in Dec...already met my deductible, so now is the time, I guess. Hope you all are well....

Oh my gosh that is big!! I am so hoping that they can fix the problem so you will be pain free. You KNOW that I understand where you are coming from when it comes to pain and it is not fun! Im sure you will have the best when it comes to brain surgeon; dont settle for anything else. Please keep me posted! And big congrats on 112 lbs gone!

Edited by Dorian

I worked at Staples for 5 years and DO NOT miss it at all! ;)

Dori, any news from the doctor? Thinking of you and hoping you feel better today.

No news yet! I finally just called the office but had to leave a darn message! I absolutely hate it when the someone says they will call with results and thsn either wait until the very end of the day or dont call at all. It is already 330pm; do they not think that I am wanting some answers?? Im sure nothing showed ul or they wouldve called earlier right? !

No news yet! I finally just called the office but had to leave a darn message! I absolutely hate it when the someone says they will call with results and thsn either wait until the very end of the day or dont call at all. It is already 330pm; do they not think that I am wanting some answers?? Im sure nothing showed ul or they wouldve called earlier right? !

I sure hope it's just part if healing, but it would be nice to hear for sure, wouldn't it? I'd call again before the end if the day; the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Did he venture a guess in Tuesday, or did they do more tests?

As far as my brain goes....the best doctors are in Pittsburgh. .. Not happening. Going to talk to the surgeon at the Medical College, and then maybe go to Mayo...I'll see how many surgeries this dr has done, etc. The condition is very very rare; I'm lucky they figured it out as quickly as they did.

By the way, I just wanted to say how thankful I am that all of you came into my life. You guys rock, and I'm very grateful for all of you. Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Got a call finally from dr office. The xrays look good with nothing out of place. Since it has only been two weeks since surgery, they are waiting yet to see if it is just inflammation that is causing the pain. They are gonna keep in touch weekly or I can call them to see how its going. They may order more testing further along if the pain doesnt go away. Thats all for now. ;)

Got a call finally from dr office. The xrays look good with nothing out of place. Since it has only been two weeks since surgery, they are waiting yet to see if it is just inflammation that is causing the pain. They are gonna keep in touch weekly or I can call them to see how its going. They may order more testing further along if the pain doesnt go away. Thats all for now. ;)

Praying it resolves.

Here's to all of us April folks as we head into national gluttony day. We got this! AL....how's the move ?

Gonna try and venture out to my parents for dinner today. May have to lie on the couch but at least I'll get to spend the day with family. My goal for the day?? Stay far, far away from the stuffing!! ;)

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone. Love you April peeps! ♥♥

Here's to all of us April folks as we head into national gluttony day. We got this! AL....how's the move ?

We are in KY with his family today. When we head back sun we will be staying in a short term condo til after New Years then onward to CO!

Happy Thanksgiving y'all!!! Hope everyone has a wonderful day. May we all have a wonderful and glutton free day :)

Was good to get out of the house today for a while. I survived the Thanksgiving feast; had turkey and a spoon of stuffing. It was my nephews 8th birthday today too and he made me have a tiny piece of his huge chocolate chip cookie. It was really just a nibble and was so good! Couldnt bear to let him down! :) hope everyone else did good too!