Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

I hit 204 today too! Seemed to be stuck forever. I have 2 lbs to go to FINALLY get out of the 'obese' category and into just 'overweight'. 29 lbs to my goal. I may change my mind once I get there, but that is where I remember feeling good about myself and how I looked and feeling healthy. Being 5'9", the charts say I should weigh less, but reaching 175 will make me happy. Now to just keep this momentum going. Would LOVE to be at goal at my 1 yr checkup!! :)

I hit 204 today too! Seemed to be stuck forever. I have 2 lbs to go to FINALLY get out of the 'obese' category and into just 'overweight'. 29 lbs to my goal. I may change my mind once I get there, but that is where I remember feeling good about myself and how I looked and feeling healthy. Being 5'9", the charts say I should weigh less, but reaching 175 will make me happy. Now to just keep this momentum going. Would LOVE to be at goal at my 1 yr checkup!! :)

Awesome job!! I'm 5'81/2". We are right at the same. I think 175 is about where I would be comfortable too. When was your surgery?

Awesome job!! I'm 5'81/2". We are right at the same. I think 175 is about where I would be comfortable too. When was your surgery?

My surgery was April 2nd. My 1 yr check up is actually scheduled for March 31st. So I have 8 weeks. I was hoping to be at goal by then, but don't think that is going to happen. Maybe, I can reach another 10 lbs down by then. 105 lbs. in a year wouldn't be too bad. So many have done that so much quicker, almost feels like I am a slacker.

My surgery was April 2nd. My 1 yr check up is actually scheduled for March 31st. So I have 8 weeks. I was hoping to be at goal by then, but don't think that is going to happen. Maybe, I can reach another 10 lbs down by then. 105 lbs. in a year wouldn't be too bad. So many have done that so much quicker, almost feels like I am a slacker.

I just realized that today I am 100 down from surgery day on 4-22. I was 303 that day. My high was 340 so I lost 37 before surgery. I thought I'd lose more by 9 months post op too but I can't exercise much due to my back so I think that's why. Either way, I'm ok with where I'm at. More would be nice obviously but my happiness doesn't depend on it! Good luck on the way to your goal!! Keep me posted.

Thanks! How are you feeling lately? Any news?

They think I have a internal hernia still feeling horrible

Awe man! Hope they get it taken care of soon! Does that mean more surgery? Thinking of you!♥

That just sucks!!!

Awe man! Hope they get it taken care of soon! Does that mean more surgery? Thinking of you!♥

I think probably another surgery they are going to call me today I have seriously been thinking of reversal I have been in and out of the hospital at least once a month and my bariatric surgeon says there is nothing more he can do to help me I went from a full time worker and a busy mother of 7 wonderful understanding kids to pretty much bedridden I just feel horrible for my kids I used to be able to do everything with them and now I do nothing and my relationship with my husband is worse than ever I cry myself to sleep every night because im in so much discomfort and pain and I ask the doctor for stuff to help with sleep and pain he refuses to give me anything because he says I will develop a addiction all I want is some good sleep sorry to rant

Dearest Krystal, i am so much thinking of you! I wish I could make it better! But it is a horrible thing to feel physically horrible!

You poor darling! I am sending you love vibes across the ocean, and that they can fix what is not right soon, so that you can start living your life like you planned when you took the first step on this journey.

Please come and rant anytime, we aprilsisters are here for each other.

For the rest of ya'll, i copy here something i jsu wrote in a new post about mental health. That has been a big issue and obstacle on my journey so far. Would like to hear what your thoughts are on this.

Here goes: -

Since my op - it was as if an ocean was opened and it flooded all over me. Mental issues!!!

So much stuff!

And to try and cope with it. But this horrible depression ans terrible anxiety, i dont even know what to say. It's like layers of myself just fall away more and more and i dont know perhaps i am afraid there will be nothing left of me!

Weird feelings and thoughts going around and around and actually i just want to know - am I the only one?

Is there anyone else reading this that feels like they are trying to swim upstream really hard, but just want to let the Water take you down the river?

It's like an open wound.

It's weird.

Just saw my psychiatrist today, he amended my meds so that i take 150g of Sertraline (Zoloft) now daily. Also one Rivotril.

Anyone else on these meds?

I used to be Sertraline 100g plus wellbutrin XL. But i dont think it did much. Felt the same as before wellbutrin was added. I read up on it and the literature states clearly gastric bypass patients should not take extended release meds. I dont think much was absorbed.

So now we are trying the sertraline at a higher dose. I struggle with depression and anxiety. Personally I feel I suffer from borderline personality disorder.

But my psychologist insists not to "diagnose" yet - as she says this is me in crisis and symptoms mask stuff and this and that whatever - basically too soon to tell. She says though if she had to take a guess, it's probably bipolar disorder.

But i dont know about that. I dint think i am bipolar. I know bipolar people, and i dunno, me going off my handle is much different from them going off their handle.

Anyway, just wanted to share this with you and hear your thoughts on the subject. Also, is anyone out there also using sertraline, how much, and how do you find its effectiveness?

Thanks dear friends!

Dearest Krystal, i am so much thinking of you! I wish I could make it better! But it is a horrible thing to feel physically horrible!

You poor darling! I am sending you love vibes across the ocean, and that they can fix what is not right soon, so that you can start living your life like you planned when you took the first step on this journey.

For the rest of ya'll, i copy here something i jsu wrote in a new post about mental health. That has been a big issue and obstacle on my journey so far. Would like to hear what your thoughts are on this.

Since my op - it was as if an ocean was opened and it flooded all over me. Mental issues!!!

So much stuff!

And to try and cope with it. But this horrible depression ans terrible anxiety, i dont even know what to say. It's like layers of myself just fall away more and more and i dont know perhaps i am afraid there will be nothing left of me!

Weird feelings and thoughts going around and around and actually i just want to know - am I the only one?

Is there anyone else reading this that feels like they are trying to swim upstream really hard, but just want to let the Water take you down the river?

It's like an open wound.

It's weird.

Just saw my psychiatrist today, he amended my meds so that i take 150g of Sertraline (Zoloft) now daily. Also one Rivotril.

I used to be Sertraline 100g plus wellbutrin XL. But i dont think it did much. Felt the same as before wellbutrin was added. I read up on it and the literature states clearly gastric bypass patients should not take extended release meds. I dont think much was absorbed.

So now we are trying the sertraline at a higher dose. I struggle with depression and anxiety. Personally I feel I suffer from borderline personality disorder.

But my psychologist insists not to "diagnose" yet - as she says this is me in crisis and symptoms mask stuff and this and that whatever - basically too soon to tell. She says though if she had to take a guess, it's probably bipolar disorder.

But i dont know about that. I dint think i am bipolar. I know bipolar people, and i dunno, me going off my handle is much different from them going off their handle.

Anyway, just wanted to share this with you and hear your thoughts on the subject. Also, is anyone out there also using sertraline, how much, and how do you find its effectiveness?

Thanks dear friends!

I haven't taken any of those meds but im going to be talking to the doctor about getting on something im so depressed and my anxiety is winning

I just found this out about my surgeon

post-190351-0-73256400-1391552203_thumb.png

[ATTACH]41096[/ATTACH]

I think probably another surgery they are going to call me today I have seriously been thinking of reversal I have been in and out of the hospital at least once a month and my bariatric surgeon says there is nothing more he can do to help me I went from a full time worker and a busy mother of 7 wonderful understanding kids to pretty much bedridden I just feel horrible for my kids I used to be able to do everything with them and now I do nothing and my relationship with my husband is worse than ever I cry myself to sleep every night because im in so much discomfort and pain and I ask the doctor for stuff to help with sleep and pain he refuses to give me anything because he says I will develop a addiction all I want is some good sleep sorry to rant

You really need to find a second opinion!!! There is only so much you should be expected to handle! If you have pain, you should be given somethimg! It is ridiculous to me that you are having to go through this!! GET A SECOND OPINION NOW MY FRIEND!!

I just found this out about my surgeon

OMG KRYSTAL!!! GET AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR AND FIND SOMEONE ELSE!!! Thinking of you!

So much stuff!

It's like an open wound.

It's weird.

Thanks dear friends!

I wonder why it is so many of us suffer with depression. I am on meds too but was before the wls surgery. I am on effexor 75 mg 2 times a day. I sometimes think I need something else too. One would think that this wonderful body changes we have would make us so happy and outgoing and take care of all our problems. There has got to be more chemically that happens that we aren't aware of. I'm gonna research some of this. Meanwhile hang in there my friend. Us April peeps need you!! Love and Hugs! ♥

I wonder why it is so many of us suffer with depression. I am on meds too but was before the wls surgery. I am on effexor 75 mg 2 times a day. I sometimes think I need something else too. One would think that this wonderful body changes we have would make us so happy and outgoing and take care of all our problems. There has got to be more chemically that happens that we aren't aware of. I'm gonna research some of this. Meanwhile hang in there my friend. Us April peeps need you!! Love and Hugs! ♥

They always say you find