Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

I haven't posted in a while but looking for advise/help. I had surgery April 1 and I've lost 45lbs so far. I'm feeling great. Since surgery I haven't felt any hunger or cravings for food which is normal but the last two days it kicked in. I notice I'm hungry again and wanting to eat everything. I track everything I eat and drink but notice I can eat a little more than I have been. For example I used to eat half a smart one meal but now I can eat most of it. Is this normal? I'm afraid I could be eating too much and stretching my stomach out.

Some days I am hungrier than others. I most days have no interest in food but then other days I am wanting to try everything. The days when I eat more I find I tend to lose weight. Maybe this is because my metabolism is jump started? I am having trohble with Protein unless I do my shakes everyday. I am not interested in chicken or fish lately. Mainly do cottage cheese and yogurt s.

How much more do u have to lose if u don't mind me asking? We are pretty much on the same track weight loss is what I'm inquiring. :)

Starting weight was 230 and I'm at 183.6...so I'd like to loose at least 40-50 more. I'm only 5'1" so I can afford to loose that. The dr said they'd like me down to about 120 tho.

Some days I am hungrier than others. I most days have no interest in food but then other days I am wanting to try everything. The days when I eat more I find I tend to lose weight. Maybe this is because my metabolism is jump started? I am having trohble with Protein unless I do my shakes everyday. I am not interested in chicken or fish lately. Mainly do cottage cheese and yogurt s.

Good to know that I may not stay hungry all the time. I'm sure that I'll have days when I'm not hungry. I have to do a shake of some sort every day or I won't get in my Fluid or protein. I'm not having full meals yet. Mostly protein. Yogurt is a go to for me or Protein Shake.< /p>

TMI This being constipated all the time is getting real old. It does not matter how much Fiber I take, it does not help. They don't want me taking Miralax everyday because they don't want my sphincter to rely on it. I don't take Iron, only get what's in my Celebrate vits. Beings I'm back home at my mothers for my daughters knee surgery Walmart is thirty miles away to go buy a case of suppositories. Gahhh this rant is over.

HW 358 SW 344 CW 269 RNY 4/11/2013

Starting weight was 230 and I'm at 183.6...so I'd like to loose at least 40-50 more. I'm only 5'1" so I can afford to loose that. The dr said they'd like me down to about 120 tho.

We were about the same size. I'm 5'3" tho. Nice to see u on here.

TMI This being constipated all the time is getting real old. It does not matter how much Fiber I take' date=' it does not help. They don't want me taking Miralax everyday because they don't want my sphincter to rely on it. I don't take Iron, only get what's in my Celebrate vits. Beings I'm back home at my mothers for my daughters knee surgery Walmart is thirty miles away to go buy a case of suppositories. Gahhh this rant is over.

HW 358 SW 344 CW 269 RNY 4/11/2013[/quote']

I had a Constipation problem before surgery. It hasn't gotten better. I have never been what most would consider "regular"...I go once...maybe twice per week. I drink a lot of water....I take 3 colace every night...I have tried the fiber...MOM makes me gag and doesn't work! I did buy suppositories and I use them when I feel its really time....ugh.

However...this morning I got a skinny vanilla latte...and I have a feeling this might do the trick! Too bad I'm at work!!

We were about the same size. I'm 5'3" tho. Nice to see u on here.

Adjustice whst ur goal weight? We r the same height.

TMI This being constipated all the time is getting real old. It does not matter how much fiber I take' date=' it does not help. They don't want me taking miralax everyday because they don't want my sphincter to rely on it. I don't take Iron, only get what's in my Celebrate vits. Beings I'm back home at my mothers for my daughters knee surgery Walmart is thirty miles away to go buy a case of suppositories. Gahhh this rant is over.

HW 358 SW 344 CW 269 RNY 4/11/2013[/quote']

Im having trouble again too! Who wouldve thought we'd be so focused on poop! After working in a nursing home for so many years and seeing so many elderly people so focused on pooping, I swore id never be that way! Now look! ;) hope your daughter is doing good today!

Im having trouble again too! Who wouldve thought we'd be so focused on poop! After working in a nursing home for so many years and seeing so many elderly people so focused on pooping' date=' I swore id never be that way! Now look! ;) hope your daughter is doing good today![/quote']

Age is throwing up. Even eating crackers before the pain meds aren't helping. Well I could tell you some nasty nursing home stories but I'm sure you have your own poop nightmares. Lol

Age is throwing up. Even eating crackers before the pain meds aren't helping. Well I could tell you some nasty nursing home stories but I'm sure you have your own poop nightmares. Lol

"She"

I thought I read someone here was from rhode is

Island? If so I'm here til Sunday hit me up!

Im having trouble again too! Who wouldve thought we'd be so focused on poop! After working in a nursing home for so many years and seeing so many elderly people so focused on pooping' date=' I swore id never be that way! Now look! ;) hope your daughter is doing good today![/quote']

I got some good nursing home storys too!!!

Sorry she feels yucky! its hard when its your kids. :(

And I have 20 years worth of poop stories! Thanks anyway! ;)

Adjustice whst ur goal weight? We r the same height.

My goal is 135..as far as my personal. My dr says he thinks I could get between 120-130. I sometimes think of I get between 140-150 I'd be ecstatic. It's been many many years since I've been smaller.

I have my share of nursing home poop stories And is on now girls!!! Only another person who has been there done that understands hahahaha

I have never been regular myself and after surg I've went as long as 9 days!! Nothing medicine wise seems to help me. Only thing I've got working for me now is flax seed..I take the pearl which are easier to swallow. I also eat flax rounds or flax Cookies a few times a day. I also eat about 2 prunes daily. I pretty much go every other day and so much more relief!! Just what works for me.