Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

I had a horrible night last night I want to leave my husband but I dont know where to start considering I have 7 kids

So sorry krystal, it took me two years to save up secretly in able to leave my youngests dad, and i only have two girls. Hang in there.

HW 358 SW 344 CW 288 RNY 4/11/13<br />

I had a horrible night last night I want to leave my husband but I dont know where to start considering I have 7 kids

I'm sorry girl. I stopped and said a prayer

For u. I can totally get how difficult it is I only had My one kiddo and I was miserable and scared to go. Hope things look up for u

I'm sorry girl. I stopped and said a prayer

For u. I can totally get how difficult it is I only had My one kiddo and I was miserable and scared to go. Hope things look up for u

Its just getting so bad he drinks all the time

Congrats on the weight loss. You have a stressful job. I always wanted to be a dispatcher. Do you live in a busy town or is it fairly quiet? Hope you reach your 5k and mud run goal. Running is something I just am not interested in' date=' no matter how in shape I will get! ;)[/quote']

Thank you for your kind words. :) And my city can be very busy because we're understaffed (training is lengthy and turnover rate is high in this job field) but it's not too bad. About 100,000 people in a city the size of Rhode Island. All kinds of demographics too to keep things interesting. Lol. If you're interested contact your local PD and see if they allow citizens to sit in their 911 center. Some places do that. At least that way it'll give you an idea of how it can be.

Its just getting so bad he drinks all the time

Would he seek any treatment? Just take care of yourself and kiddos. I don't want anything to happen to u guys

May I suggest going to al anon?

Grrr I am still stalled. Still suck at my 40lb loss! I haven't lost anything since 6/14! I upped my Protein and Water and I go to the gym every night! I don't understand and I am so frustrated!

CandiH, Spring, TX_Surgery Date 4/22/13

May I suggest going to al anon?

He wont do any kind of counsling

He wont do any kind of counsling

That's sad cause he has a entire family looking at him and 7 little faces he needs to nurture. I do t know much about options but I would think if it totally hit the fan there would be some kind of assistance u could probably qualify for. It would suck in the meantime and getting it all set up but the sheer fact of having life back would maybe be worth it.

Dear Krystal7K,

I am sorry to read about your struggle. I am retired from work in the field of domestic violence and higher education. i spent my life advocating for women. Alcoholism is, yes a disease but the drinker has to want help. You are the mother of 7 who is also recovering from major surgery and need support and love. You also, deserve to live in peace with your children. Your children maybe pre-disposed to alcoholism by genetics and living in a home with an alcoholic, doesn't help.

There is help if you want to move on with your life. One place to consider is the domestic violence hotline. You may not be being physically abused, but emotional abuse can also be deadly. If you need financial assistance, each state has some type of help. There maybe private programs that can help with housing and developing a safety plan to leave.

I raised 6 children on my own, got a higher education, had a wonderful career and all my children had the opportunity to attend college. I'm just a woman who God blessed to step out on faith, he did the rest and it's history.

God Bless you, you deserve better and you can do it.

Alanon is for family of alcoholics and alateen is for children of alcoholics. They teach family to apply the 12 steps in their own lives so they may be less affected by the alcoholic and his/ her actions. It's something you could do just for you. There are meetings everywhere and can be found in local yellow pages online. I urge you to try it. I hats to see you suffer, babe.

Grrr I am still stalled. Still suck at my 40lb loss! I haven't lost anything since 6/14! I upped my Protein and Water and I go to the gym every night! I don't understand and I am so frustrated!

CandiH, Spring, TX_Surgery Date 4/22/13

40 lbs is awesome! You are way ahead of me. Next time you go to your doctor's, get a printout from the bariatric scale. You most likely are gaining muscle weight, which is a good thing. If your clothes are getting looser, you are headed in the right direction.

CandiH' date=' Spring, TX_Surgery Date 4/22/13[/quote']

I am stuck right there with u. Keep your head up. I've started weight training. I heard it burned calories longer.

Saw some coworkers I haven't been around in months and they were stunned. It took me aback a bit cause u forgot seeing yourself daily and knowing its only such and such lbs lost..but as down in the dumps as I felt the last week or so about the scales not moving..they were able to see it in SCRUBS!!! It was nice of course with some of their kind words. Hoping for my Fri weigh in I see that psychological reenforcement in some number changes

Hello all~Its been refreshing to read your stories. Seems we're all tested in different areas of our lives outside of our weight issues.

I wanted to check in with my results 3 months post op. I'm down 56 pounds and my BMI is 39 down from 52 when I started this journey last January. I get a bit bugged when I read people have lost 100 pounds in 3 months, but still grateful I weigh less today than I did last week. AND I'm no longer morbidly obese!!

As far as the "stall" we all experience, remember the way your clothes are getting loser around you is a better barometer than the actual number on a scale. The scale weighs the whole package, bones, flesh, muscle, fat etc. It doesn't reflect on where you're losing or how great we're looking in our smaller clothes.

You all give me incentive to keep on track to beat this obesity nightmare, I thank you for that! The surgery and this website are the best decisions ( in a lifetime of bad decisions) I've ever made!

We are strangers but close knit buddies in this forum. I look forward to reading more of your successes.

Stay strong!

Leighanne in Olympia

HW 380 SW 320 CW 264 GW 180