Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

My Dr is so strict compared to you guys have...i its 3 weeks tomorrow still on liquids....im not allowed any milk at all not even soy/almond so i have to mix Protein powders with Water....

No Jello no Soups nothing i feel so deprived lol

My Dr is so strict compared to you guys have...i its 3 weeks tomorrow still on liquids....im not allowed any milk at all not even soy/almond so i have to mix Protein powders with Water....

I don't use anything but Water in my shakes, hang in there it will be over before you know it.

HW 358 SW 344 CW 320 GOAL 200 surgery 4/11/13

I'm jealous. Lol. I haven't lost for over a week. I'm trying to not get on the scale until my 1 month check up this Friday. I always get my min 60g Protein. What are you supposed to get? I'm going to start doing measurements...maybe that will make me feel better.

Although...right now I feel sick. I'm at work and I just ate. Light & fit greek yogurt. Feeling kind of nauseous & shaky. I hope that I just ate too much and I don't get sick for the first time in the office.

Im supoose to get 60 and ive been getting like 20-30 a day. Im at 32 for today im trying ti get it all in

Next week i start stage 3 so camt wait even thoigh my pouch likes nothing basically

Next week i start stage 3 so camt wait even thoigh my pouch likes nothing basically

Whats stage 3

I can;t wait for stage 3! I am dying for a scrambled egg or some greek yogurt! It's crazy, because I am not hungry, ever, but I still crave the taste of foods. I actually licked my husband spaghetti spoon the other night just to get the taste, lol!

I can;t wait for stage 3! I am dying for a scrambled egg or some greek yogurt! It's crazy' date=' because I am not hungry, ever, but I still crave the taste of foods. I actually licked my husband spaghetti spoon the other night just to get the taste, lol![/quote']

It is so crazy that Dr`s are sooooo different. I can do scrambled eggs in the pureed phase. Had one for Breakfast with some salsa. Couldn't finish it. Can you believe that??? Couldn't finish one little egg! Used to eat a whole pile of them. :) As for licking the spaghetti spoon? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

Im supoose to get 60 and ive been getting like 20-30 a day. Im at 32 for today im trying ti get it all in

Pretty much soft to med. I can have lean hambuger amd what not

It is so crazy that Dr`s are sooooo different. I can do scrambled eggs in the pureed phase. Had one for Breakfast with some salsa. Couldn't finish it. Can you believe that??? Couldn't finish one little egg! Used to eat a whole pile of them. :) As for licking the spaghetti spoon? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

It really is crazy. My surgery was 4/15 and I can have mushy foods like tuna and fish, cheese and turkey chili, as well as eggs. I think some people have such a long wait time to have actual food, and that gets pretty old real fast!

My doctor is totally diffrent. No liquids pre op just nothing after midnight. Clear Liquids in the hospital and full liquids at discharge. My 1 week post op is wed and should move to stage 3 or puree foods.

I'm so over taking these fusion Vitamins four times a day so I'm going to try the Celebrate brand.

HW 358 SW 344 CW 320 GOAL 200 surgery 4/11/13

Try these vitamins from procarehealth.com

1 a day chewable bariatric Vitamin $10 a bottle.

I've been taking for 4 months now and my nutritionist approved.

http://www.procarenow.com/Chewable-One-A-Day-Bariatric-Multi-Vitamin--30-ct_p_10002.html

Nicole

Wish mine did! I could get sooooo much more Water in if I could use straws! I also used to live on crystal light or other brands of water flavoring' date=' and now don't like them at all. Has anyone else had this happen?[/quote']

I can't stand Crystal Light now, I used to Love it.

Does anyone else feel like their Water container has become an "additional appendage"? The hospital gave me a fabulous 30oz mug and it goes everywhere with me! I had surgery on April 30th and water is about all I can tolerate. The thought of choking down another Protein Shake makes my stomach roll. I do great with broths, but since there is limited nutritional benefit to those, I just count it as water intake.

I always have a bottle of water in my hand!

Wish mine did! I could get sooooo much more water in if I could use straws! I also used to live on crystal light or other brands of water flavoring, and now don't like them at all. Has anyone else had this happen?

I have about 10 different crystal light flavors and I am sick to death of all of them. All I want now is plain, super cold water.

Are you guys still taking pain meds

Nope I stopped sometime in week 2

Awww...that is pretty strict! You will get through it!

I have been moody since I got home last wednesday. And today i just feel totally deflated and depressed. Nothing specific really ( other than fighting with hubby).

I still have my drain and it leaks so strolling around the neighborhood sucks. :(

I came home on Wednesday too. I had my follow up today and they took out my drain and all the stitches. I feel pretty good. Fasting blood sugar was 73 this morning with normal blood pressure. PTL! It is hard to get the Water in. Today I started my liquid diet and had 1 oz of potato Soup and 1 oz of SF pudding for lunch & dinner. I had one Protein Drink today. I use the Bariatric Advantage vanilla. I put a pinch of SF Jello mix in with 2 scoops of powder, mix it with about 8 oz of water and it is pretty good. I get 27 grams of Protein out of the drink. Tomorrow I will drink one in the morning and one in the afternoon to get my protein in for the day. So far, so good. I take walks around the neighborhood and feeling better each day. I am praying for those that are struggling on here. Stay strong and remember why you decided to have the surgery. God bless!

HW: 320 CW: 285 GW: 175 WLS: 4/30/13