Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How does the pain compare to c-section recovery? I've had two cesareans' date=' so I'm kinda figuring I can handle it...[/quote']

I had 3 to me it was a piece of cake

How does the pain compare to c-section recovery? I've had two cesareans' date=' so I'm kinda figuring I can handle it...[/quote']

Omg, compared to c-sections the pain from rny for me was a joke!! However, my surgery was performed laparoscopically. Idk what the pain is on rny surgery w/a full incision. I only used pain meds for about 3 or 4 days. They gave me liquid pain meds which were so nasty and didnt do much anyway. So as long as they don't do a full incision, you'll be running around in no time!

Surgery went well yesterday home now Woohoo but oh my this gas pain I so can't wait for it to go up or down lol

Omg' date=' compared to c-sections the pain from rny for me was a joke!! However, my surgery was performed laparoscopically. Idk what the pain is on rny surgery w/a full incision. I only used pain meds for about 3 or 4 days. They gave me liquid pain meds which were so nasty and didnt do much anyway. So as long as they don't do a full incision, you'll be running around in no time![/quote']

I agree!! I didn't take pain meds at all after day 3. This surgery might be major surgery but it was the easiest one I've ever had!! 13 days post op now!

Well, I have hung around in this May Surgeries thread all month & clearly not going to be having my surgery in May! I did speak with my insurance today & the dr. apparently submitted my pre authorization with a surgery date of June 1st. There was never a date mentioned to me, but knowing that they are trying to get it approved quickly makes me feel a little bit better about the whole situation. My case nurse forwarded my file to her supervising physician & is sending him a request to expedite it. It's feeling more & more real every day!

Well, I have hung around in this May Surgeries thread all month & clearly not going to be having my surgery in May! I did speak with my insurance today & the dr. apparently submitted my pre authorization with a surgery date of June 1st. There was never a date mentioned to me, but knowing that they are trying to get it approved quickly makes me feel a little bit better about the whole situation. My case nurse forwarded my file to her supervising physician & is sending him a request to expedite it. It's feeling more & more real every day!

Well' date=' I have hung around in this May Surgeries thread all month & clearly not going to be having my surgery in May! I did speak with my insurance today & the dr. apparently submitted my pre authorization with a surgery date of June 1st. There was never a date mentioned to me, but knowing that they are trying to get it approved quickly makes me feel a little bit better about the whole situation. My case nurse forwarded my file to her supervising physician & is sending him a request to expedite it. It's feeling more & more real every day![/quote']

I can so relate! I started hoping for a date in April and ended up with a surgery date of July 23! Once I got the date it felt much more real. I'm using the time to quit caffeine and get things together and organized. I hope you get your date soon.

I also no how u feel. I was all ready for surgery in 3 wks. N they keep finding something new bout my ins. Now I gotta wait to see wen the surgeon from Louisville can come assist with my dr. ggrrr I hate not knowing, ive been a nervous wreak!!

Hi. Had my surgery on Tuesday, got home last night about 6. I actually gained 13 pounds while there! Gas I assume. I does help to walk but you get tired easily so don't walk too far. They pulled the drain tube before I left. The pain on that side is the worst. It just me 30 mi to walk from my chair in the living around the corner to the toilet and back. Most of the tie is trying to get up and down again. Not at all hungry. Ate two bites of SF pudding, and was full. Almost 1/3 down with Water. Wish I could just chug that thing! Does anyone one incision that hurts worse than the others? Procedure done lapriscoply.

Flintstone Vitamins. I can't choke them down. How kids do is beyond me. Did anyone get an alternative they like?

20 pounds down since surgery woohoo was 250 now 230 in two weeks

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

So, I ended up with a dreaded stricture. Ugh. Had an emergency "ballooning" yesterday. I was extremely dehydrated from not being able to keep anything down for the past week. My throat killllllllls from the scope.

[ATTACH]3694[/ATTACH]

Surgery Date: May 2, 2013 - Amount Lost: 36lbs

post-32660-1381381218063_thumb.png

So' date=' I ended up with a dreaded stricture. Ugh. Had an emergency "ballooning" yesterday. I was extremely dehydrated from not being able to keep anything down for the past week. My throat killllllllls from the scope.

Surgery Date: May 2, 2013 - Amount Lost: 36lbs[/quote']

What the hell did they do to it I had the same thing last week but it didnt look like that

Hi Everyone! Sorry I have not posted in some time. One of my incision sites became infected and I have been sick. I am finally getting better and my fever has broken. I hope you all are doing great!