Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Crying while watching people eat

I don't think they mean to be insensitive as I sit and watch my husband and son chow down on chicken while I was watching tv. I purposefully stayed in the great room so I didn't have to watch them eat . I think it's all catching up with me since I have been on liquid diet since march 6th and will be until surgery April 9th. Does this get better?

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Yes! It does! It's tough now and I won't lie, it's tough after surgery too. Heck, I had my first surgery back in August and sometimes when the family is silent around the table chowing down, I get a pang... But if you just keep the goal in mind, and stay strong, and realize that it's just not something you can do anymore and be ok with it- it'll make it so much easier for you in the long haul. We've all felt it and we are all here for you!

Yes! It does! It's tough now and I won't lie' date=' it's tough after surgery too. Heck, I had my first surgery back in August and sometimes when the family is silent around the table chowing down, I get a pang... But if you just keep the goal in mind, and stay strong, and realize that it's just not something you can do anymore and be ok with it- it'll make it so much easier for you in the long haul. We've all felt it and we are all here for you![/quote']

Thanks so much for the support! I realize this is not their journey, it's mine! Tomorrow will be a better day, I hope!

It's a tough old road to be sure. Post op it is bad too I'm not gonna lie. We mourn the loss of our friend... Food... But pull up your big girl panties like we all have to do and then make up your mind that this is what you have to do. realize this is the way it has to be to make ourselves healthier!!! You got this!!!

I'm not sure if it gets better BUT after surgery you won't be hungry. I'm 5 days post op and my mother is here cooking and attending to my family. We eat healthy period.... But since I'm on that one week post liquid diet the smells are killing me. I want it all. Even been having daily night dreams about eating and pig'n out.

~Leticia **SW: 259**PreOp: 216**SURG: 3/21/13 **Discharged @: 221**5 days post op: 13 lbs down**

I'm not sure if it gets better BUT after surgery you won't be hungry. I'm 5 days post op and my mother is here cooking and attending to my family. We eat healthy period.... But since I'm on that one week post liquid diet the smells are killing me. I want it all. Even been having daily night dreams about eating and pig'n out.

~Leticia **SW: 259**PreOp: 216**SURG: 3/21/13 **Discharged @: 221**5 days post op: 13 lbs down**

I'm sure it will get better! I'm just emotional right now!

I'm 6 days post and have had zero hunger. I've been out to 2 bbqs too and didn't even care about the food that was there. I know everyone is different but for me I've had no problems with food cravings.

Um, so. My mister cooked spaghetti last night. I've been on this shake diet since last Wednesday, btw. He's in there sauteing the garlic and onions in olive oil like I TAUGHT HIM and then he simmered the meat and as soon as he pulled out the noodles.......I flipped out on him. It wasn't a small flip either...it was the one where: Okay boys---here's a look into women. At least me:

I flip out and it's almost like I'm outside myself just watching going, "no girl, you better back up. You did NOT just say that! No no no no no. Oh. Yeah, you're gonna pay for that." But I'm too far gone to actually STOP myself.

It was that kind of flip out. "You don't love me, how could you do this, I'm Italian! Cooking all that! It's my favorite dish. How could you treat me this way in my OWN HOUSE!!!!" grrrr, growl, psycho wife crap.

So yeah. He probably wishes I'd just cried. You handled it better than I did! :)

I don't know if it gets better...but I do know what you're going through...if that helps at all.

Thanks so much Nelly! I have been out with friends, everyday I have "lunch" at work with coworkers, and the only thing that has bothered is the smells! But, It seemed like it was on purpose since they have been really good to eat in kitchen while I'm in family room. My friend had rny 9 years ago and said that I will have a stage of mourning food! She said its normal. I just don't want to have another break down!

U r definitely in mourning. It's rough and continues to b rough. But u will b ok. I promise! I'm 3 weeks out today and it gets easier everyday. I'm not that hungry, my craving have finally gone away and u just start to get used to things. Do not however b aforesaid to tell ur family how it's making u feel. Don't keep things bottled up. They won't know how to help u or b there for u if ur silent.

Lauri, r u any better?