Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3.9cc's in 4cc band. restriction fading

On January 9th, I had my sixth fill which put me at 3.9 cc's in a 4 cc band. I am filled through fill centers USA and my doc told me during that visit that fill centers only allows him contractually to fill to 3.5 cc in a 4 cc band. Even though he fudged for me a little and put me up to 3.9. I'm guessing that he won't do it again. This did not worry me at the time because I have been at my sweet spot since then. I went from 234 on jan 9th, to 218.5 as of a few days ago. Just in the last 2-3 days it seems to be fading. I noticed I can eat a little more before I am satieted and it is worrying me that I might have stretched my band. I do not drink with meals, I measure 1/2 cup to a cup at every meal. I had one time of splurging on a pop-tart. I ate the whole thing even though less than half I was more than full. I dont' know why I did it, but can just one time stretch your band? I'm really worried even though it is my own fault. anyone else have anything like this?

i think it takes much more to stretch your pouch (many times over eating) and i was wondering if your fills are done under xray? I just learned that without xray when they pull the needle out you can lose some Fluid - also is the doc measuring the fluid he/she takes out before putting more in - you may think you have 3.9 and really have less

Occasionally you can have Fluid being absorbed very slowly from the band too- they should check how much is in it when they access the port prior to doing the new fill. Your band will not stretch- its too tough for that, if anything stretches its you pouch, but that does not sound likely on the quantaties your are eating

i think it takes much more to stretch your pouch (many times over eating) and i was wondering if your fills are done under xray? I just learned that without xray when they pull the needle out you can lose some Fluid - also is the doc measuring the Fluid he/she takes out before putting more in - you may think you have 3.9 and really have less

I have never had a fill done under x-ray. He did measure the fluid he took out, and it was same as the time before. But I had really, really good restriction for a month before I started feeling looser.

Your band will not stretch- its too tough for that, if anything stretches its you pouch, but that does not sound likely on the quantaties your are eating

I'm sorry, I meant my pouch not my band. I was in a tizzy typing so fast. hahaha

I have read where some people, once maxed out on their fill, have all of the fill taken out and then let their stomach "rest" for a month or two...then start over again. I'm fairly certain it worked well for them. Hang in there!

You know Keli that is very interesting - i wrote that idea up somewhere else (a little differently) Anyway, I just had an unfill and am at the lowest level of fill yet, yet i still feel pretty good restriction - it perplexes me but that's a good suggestion - it just might work to take it out and start again -

Marys-I sure hope it works, the thought of maxing out on fills and having nowhere else to go is terrifying to me! If you don't mind me asking...why did you get an unfill?

Hey Keli, No, don't mind you asking - I recently went back to Tijuana to my doc's for a consult to remove my band - no particular probs but just disgusted that no matter what i do or try i can not lose weight. Extreme frustration led me there. I was examined and ok even tho i had been pbing for a week every day - just getting off my period and really tight and sore. My exam showed everything was ok with my band and parts - thank god and then the surgeon - not ortiz but martinez came and talked with me for quite some time. He thought my erratic eating may be messing with my metabolism (and some other things) and I toldhim what i was eating - i have over one year of food diaries but was eating a lot of liquids and mushies due to tightnesss- he said he wanted me to eat three bandster meaLS and up to two Snacks every day - and i said if i could eat like that i would be so happy and at least if i didn't lose weight i would understand it, etc.

so he suggested an unfill and i'm at the lowest ever - and really again surprised at the level of restriction - i do feel it - almost like i did on my first fill at 2.3 - and maybe a little more - i still have to make good choices and really do my part but i can eat a lot better and more often.

then i talked to the nutritonist and she gave me 30 days of appetite suppressent - raductil - and that has really taken away my appetite. i'm not suppossed to weigh for onemonth but i've been popping on the scale and still holding at about 3lbs less but i'm not too freaked out.

i am definitely even eating less than before the unfill so i think i should be dropping like mad, but that's probably never going to be me.

anyway,, that's whay these fills are so elusive (i think) - everyone always gets more but i seem to get less - go figure.

marys - it almost sounds like you were too tight and now that you are at proper restriction your body is adjusting to eating differently. just my impression...

to OP - i think as we lose weight our stomach gets a bit smaller as well, which may be a part of you losing restriction?

Aimee, I think you are right although I am still perplexed that the less Fluid i have, the tighter i feel. After a year of banding i do have a bit more control and have learned to eat slow and stop way before full so right now i am very happy - for example, no pbs since the unfill and i've had a nice small Breakfast every day - my favorite meal and a wide range of foods in very small amounts for lunches and dinners.

I certainly feel for all of you guys. I am having big restriction problems. As of yesterday I now have 4.0 cc's in a band that only holds 4.0 cc's (9.75 cm) and I don't have restriction so far. I feel like I have less restriction than I did before the fill with 3.5 cc's. Last time it took about 10 days for me to notice a difference, which was a "first", so maybe that will happen with this fill too. I am justnot very optimistic. The doctor said the band will actaully hold a little more than 4.0 cc's, but I have little faith at this point that that would help! Anyone else had the same experience?

hello i cant i have 3 cc in my band i had an adjustment 5 hours ago, i cant sleep i feel back pain and li reflux so i wake up every 10 minutes... what can i do? i know i have to desajustment but what else i can do to forget thiiiis pain :)