Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 week after surgery

so far so good my surgery went well the only thing as last night around 1am I had so much pain my stomach actually moved. I didn't just have the gastric bypass only I also have reflux surgery which he still had how to remove a piece of my stomach out and I also had a hernia patch.< /p>

[ATTACH]2675[/ATTACH]

post-31869-13813811450463_thumb.png

It does get better. I had my surgery over a year ago. I remember the pain like it was yesterday.

so far so good my surgery went well the only thing as last night around 1am I had so much pain my stomach actually moved. I didn't just have the gastric bypass only I also have reflux surgery which he still had how to remove a piece of my stomach out and I also had a hernia patch.

I am a week post surgery also and still in quite a bit of discomfort especially since I stopped taking my pain meds because it was making me constipated which was causing more pain.

I am a week out as well. I stopped the pain meds too because of the Constipation and nausea. I can handle the pain more than feeling yucky. I mostly sit in my recliner with a heating pad, but get up 10 times a day to do short chores (dishes, laundry, etc.) I made a trip to Walmart yesterday for about 30 minutes. I was in so much pain by the time I got back home! My stomach hurt and my back was cramping up. I am getting 80-95 grams of Protein and 64 oz of Water no problem. No problem with pills or anything so far. I am still on liquids for another week. I've started not sleeping at night. I get about 4 hours and then I'm awake for the next 4 then sleep for 2 hours then I'm up for the day. I have always LOVED my sleep. Now I dread going to bed!

It's great to compare with others with the same surgery date. Keep up the good work!

I only use the pain meds if I'm in really really bad pain but as far as anything else I won't use it. like you said it does cause Constipation but if you do get constipated use milk of magnesia.

Sorry you Ladies are in pain. I haven't had my surgery yet, but I wanted to know since you're having pain now when do anitcipate going back to work? I also want to know if you have a sit down job or what? I'm curious because I'm only planning to take off two weeks. I hope y'all fee better soon!

I feel great plus I lost 7 more pounds and I went to the gym today even though I'm supposed to wait another week

I am sorry to hear about the pain and I am hoping you are feeling better by now. I am having my surgery next Monday and I am so scared of all the pain I am hearing from lots of people and I did not know that the pain meds cause Constipation. Please keep us posted on you road to recovery since we who are just having the surgery next week need all the information so we know what to expect. thank you again for sharing your story.

I am sorry to hear about the pain and I am hoping you are feeling better by now. I am having my surgery next Monday and I am so scared of all the pain I am hearing from lots of people and I did not know that the pain meds cause Constipation. Please keep us posted on you road to recovery since we who are just having the surgery next week need all the information so we know what to expect. thank you again for sharing your story.

the pain didn't stand a chance because I pop my pain pill right after it happened lol text only 5 minutes and then I was smiling.

yeah it can cause constipation but that's when you take milk of magnesia to relieve yourself. as far as pain some people take payments with very little pain I think you should take it when you're feeling to the point where you really can't take the pain no more I'm not talking about when you start crying I'm talking about when he gets to a like 5 or 6 then take your pain meds but if it's just some just a little annoying just annoyed it will stop for just go to sleep.

Sorry you Ladies are in pain. I haven't had my surgery yet' date=' but I wanted to know since you're having pain now when do anitcipate going back to work? I also want to know if you have a sit down job or what? I'm curious because I'm only planning to take off two weeks. I hope y'all fee better soon![/quote']

I started working out in the gym 10 days after surgery.