Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Post-Op's

I hit the big 5-0 today!!!!!!! I'm so excited to be half way to my goal. It's 5:15 am and even the birds are singing outside my window.... Happy Day!

Happy Belated Birthday! Congrats on being half way as well!

Happy, Happy Birthday, Babs!!!!

Had surgery 2/11/13 starting wt: 353 now 290 for the last 2 weeks!!

Congratulations on your fabulous weight loss!!!

Hit 50 pounds weight loss since surgery! Total loss so far of 70 pounds. I can't remember the last time I weighed under 350. Probably in middle school lol

Hit 50 pounds weight loss since surgery! Total loss so far of 70 pounds. I can't remember the last time I weighed under 350. Probably in middle school lol

Yay!!!! I now weigh what I did when I started college in1991....awesome and sad all at the same time :/

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 219

Yay!!!! I now weigh what I did when I started college in1991....awesome and sad all at the same time :/

HW 312' date=' pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 219[/quote']

Not sad, just awesome!!! :)

Congratulations to everyone!! Is it safe to say that we are all satisfied with our weight loss so far? I know in the beginning it was so hard, with all the adjustments... Now it seems like we're finally beginning to see payoffs!

Congratulations to everyone!! Is it safe to say that we are all satisfied with our weight loss so far? I know in the beginning it was so hard' date=' with all the adjustments... Now it seems like we're finally beginning to see payoffs![/quote']

I'd be thrilled to lose faster but...honestly...it's so easy.....yes, I do have to exercise, no, I can't eat crap all the time. But I'm not starving to death all the time, I'm not obsessed with food. I go out with friends and eat a normal dinner. Just 1/4-1/3 of what I would have before. If we have something horrible at work i take a bite or two and imperfectly content. Some days I don't get enough Protein, some days I miss a few Vitamins, but I feel good...I feel normal....life is good.

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 219

My latest pet peeve? The guy at work who speaks authoritatively about WLS.

Yesterday: Him: How's it going?

Me: I explain.

Him: Oh' date=' I see. Well, enjoy this phase. The first six months are the honeymoon period. After that it becomes a struggle, and I just hope you don't become one of the ones who have the weight come back after a year...

Me: Did you have the surgery?

Him: Who me? No, no! I never could! I love to eat too much!

Me: Grrrrrrrr![/quote']

What an a-hole! Hate people like that

I'd be thrilled to lose faster but...honestly...it's so easy.....yes' date=' I do have to exercise, no, I can't eat crap all the time. But I'm not starving to death all the time, I'm not obsessed with food. I go out with friends and eat a normal dinner. Just 1/4-1/3 of what I would have before. If we have something horrible at work i take a bite or two and imperfectly content. Some days I don't get enough Protein, some days I miss a few Vitamins, but I feel good...I feel normal....life is good.

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 219[/quote']

You've summed it up perfectly. I am losing at a good pace 3-4 lbs a week now. 46 lbs sine beginning this and 36 since surgery 9 weeks ago.

Now that my pouch is calm I can eat just about anything but in small amounts. I feel so much better when I make good choices though.

Is anyone having difficulty sleeping more than 6 hours? Pre-surgery I slept 9 hours easy. Now I'm lucky if I sleep 5-6 hours. Strangely I am not exhausted during the day and waking up at 5 is great for taking an early walk.

I dumped for the 1st time today. Holy hell that was awful. I have thrown up many, many times since surgery, but this was worse. I compared it to after you drink way way too much. It started with me feeling queasy and hot. Then I got faint and started sweating. I knew I was gonna get sick.

Do u know what you are that caused the dumping? How long after you ate it?

I dumped for the 1st time today. Holy hell that was awful. I have thrown up many' date=' many times since surgery, but this was worse. I compared it to after you drink way way too much. It started with me feeling queasy and hot. Then I got faint and started sweating. I knew I was gonna get sick.[/quote']

Lol, sorry it happened but you do kinda feel like you're going to die....there's just no other description that fits!!!! Luckily it ends, eventually.....

I love people that say, I ate or drank xxxx too fast and had so much pain, dumping sucks.....why yes, dumping sucks, but that ain't it sister!!!

Any idea what the evil item was that took away your dumping virginity?

Sorry I clicked send too fast!

So I knew I was gonna puke so I got up and headed to the bathroom. My heart started racing and thought I was gonna faint. Got sick in the bathroom (both ends, sorry) and then laid down on the bathroom floor for about 45 minutes before I was able to transition to the couch. Ugh it sucked!

It was popcorn, which I've had several times in the last weeks with zero issues. Maybe a had too much, I don't know. And I've puked way too many times to count since surgery and while its not fun I know that wasn't dumping. This however, was. I wanted to die the way I do after a night of too much partying! That includes the sleeping on the bathroom floor part lol