Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Post-Op's

I was actually told by my dr, and nutritionist, not to bother running. They said you get the same workout by walking briskly without the harsh impact on the knees. I had been thinking about taking up running.

How do u guys put that body weight ticker on?

Surgery 2/14-217 ' date=' CW 191 GW 140[/quote']

go to more then settings then forum settings its under signature you paste the ticker you make in that spot then turn it on. HOpe that helps....

weight.png

I was actually told by my dr, and nutritionist, not to bother running. They said you get the same workout by walking briskly without the harsh impact on the knees. I had been thinking about taking up running.

I agree with your doctors. You can burn just as many calories walking as running, taking some variables into account. The thing is, I LOVE to run! I will quit when my knees start giving me trouble, but I'm a low-impact runner anyway, if there is such a thing. ...Just checked online. There is a ton of information out there on low-impact running! And here I thought I made it up, LOL! http://www.lowimpactrunning.net/ <-this is exactly what I look like running, but with even shorter strides, about 3 per second.

FYI my ass hurts....I'm not gonna be a good runner!!!!

FYI my ass hurts....I'm not gonna be a good runner!!!!

Yes you are, and your ass-hurt = firm ass!

I love reading about everyone's weight loss journey. It gives me hope! I had surgery on feb 26th ' date=' and in the first two weeks I lost 40 pounds. I know that is a huge number, but ever since then I have not lost any more. I know that some people have stalls, but it seems like mine is going on forever. I can tell I'm losing inches because my clothes are getting bigger and bigger. What is going on with me. I am doing everything that I am supposed to be doing. Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them. Should I call my surgeon? I need advice, I am do confused .

Surgery date 2/26/13[/quote']

UPDATE !

So after a couple of weeks of no pounds lost I broke down and called my NUT. We went over my food journals together and came to the conclusion that I was not getting enough of anything. Needed more Water, Protein , and calories. She said my body was in conserve mode. So I upped everything and now I'm down 50 pounds . I just have ten more until I'm in onederland!! Also I have added gym workouts in the last couple of days and it feels great to be able to move!!!

Surgery date 2/26/13

Today, had a surgeon appointment and good news I was finally cleared to start regular foods. Thank you Jesus! he says everything is healing great and I am now -32 pounds post op

Today' date=' had a surgeon appointment and good news I was finally cleared to start regular foods. Thank you Jesus! he says everything is healing great and I am now -32 pounds post op[/quote']

Woohoo!!!!!! Keep it up!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 221.6

Last night I was grocery shopping with my hubby and ran into a friend that I hadn't seen since the Super Bowl. I never told her about my surgery and she was like... "Oh my god you look so good, what diet are you on? I was like, ummmm high protien.... First time since 2/26 someone really noticed. Non-scale victory!

Last night I was grocery shopping with my hubby and ran into a friend that I hadn't seen since the Super Bowl. I never told her about my surgery and she was like... "Oh my god you look so good, what diet are you on? I was like, ummmm high protien.... First time since 2/26 someone really noticed. Non-scale victory!

Yaaaay! It feels good, doesn't it?

Today, had a surgeon appointment and good news I was finally cleared to start regular foods. Thank you Jesus! he says everything is healing great and I am now -32 pounds post op

Way to go! I am craving a leafy green salad like you have NO idea! I'm so jealous!

UPDATE !

So after a couple of weeks of no pounds lost I broke down and called my NUT. We went over my food journals together and came to the conclusion that I was not getting enough of anything. Needed more Water, Protein , and calories. She said my body was in conserve mode. So I upped everything and now I'm down 50 pounds . I just have ten more until I'm in onederland!! Also I have added gym workouts in the last couple of days and it feels great to be able to move!!!

Surgery date 2/26/13

Ever since my days of Atkins low/no carb'ing, I'm a firm believer in the idea that you *can* eat "not enough to lose weight." It seemed like every time someone was stalling out, all they needed to do was increase their calories, and the weight loss started again. Sort of goes against the whole "a calorie is a calorie" thing, doesn't it? So happy for you that you've lost so much weight!

go to more then settings then forum settings its under signature you paste the ticker you make in that spot then turn it on. HOpe that helps....

weight.png

You got the ticker on! And I love it! LOL!

Hit onderland but really..... I DON'T CARE! I just want to be able to eat what i am suppose to be able to in peace consistently!! So MISERABLE..... Now I need to work out to tone and tighten...... But have no energy since I don't get enough nutrition. :-( I am so tired. I don't know what to do anymore.

Had two staples taken out and a biopsy done the other day. Thyroid is now out of control and I need to see about that this week.... It's NEVER FREAKING ENDING.... When will I be normal or when will this just be normal. Husband always complaining too..... I am just so pissed lately

Hw 245; Pre-Op(RNY) 225.6; Surg Date 2/26; CW 203...GW 145

Way to go! I am craving a leafy green salad like you have NO idea! I'm so jealous!

Omg so am I .. Last night my husband made a lovely salad and all I wanted to do was stick my fork I the bowl! Even my canary got salad and fruit last night!!!!