Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Post-Op's

Ivebeen taking extra strength Tylenol tablets since a few days post-op without any problem....ask your doc but as long as they aren't enormous or slow/delayed release you are likely okay!

I ever thought the highlight of my day would be pooping....makes me feel like I've accomplished something major :D

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 231.4

Helllllo! I had my 3 week post op yesterday... (I had to change my appt last week, so had to push it to 3 instead of 2). All went well, right where they want me to be, except they want me to increase my calories. Right now it's a struggle to get in 500, and they want me at least 800 by next appointment. I can have cooked vegies, soft fish, turkey and soft cheese. One thing I didn't know, was that I am supposed to take the prilosec for 3 months post op to assist avoiding an ulcer. I thought it was just if I was uncomfortable. So, I started taking it again. I am also drinking a bit of coffee each morning (black). Since I am able to get all of my Water in, my doc said that was okay.

This is by far one of the best life decisions I have ever made. I feel blessed that I have not had any complications or issues other than having sleep problems, which are getting better. I am so hopeful for the future and look forward to it!

So I am suppose to be taking it easy and I am going nuts! I feel like a trapped animal :( my left side is not improving . I just do not understand . I guess I am not a patient person . I also would like to know if I am the only one who can do drink ? I am living on sugar free Popsicles to get my fluids in. Water seems to hurt my pouch when I try to drink . Had anyone else had any of these problems? I am 2 weeks 2 days post op.

I have the same problem with Water no matter the temp it feels like I am sipping rocks. Powerade Zero and sugar free Popsicles are all I can handle.

Congrats to you all on your weight loss. I haven't had my surgery yet but decided to see how others are doing post op. I've noticed several people talk about not being able to drink Water and I think to myself "I hope that's not the case with me because I love a bottle of water with ice chunks in it." I'm also now preparing a list of things I will need post op like my meds, Vitamins, supplements, Protein Shakes, etc. Thank you all for keeping me motivated and sharing your ups and downs of your journey. I too will be band to bypass so it helps to hear what to kind of expect for the pain level. I want to wish each of you continued success and I'll be checking in probably daily! ????

I am 22 days post op and I have struggled to get in 500 calories a day. I know I need more. Yesterday I spent 7 hours in the ER with a kidney infection. I didn't eat anything since the day before. Now I'm struggling to start food again. At about 3:00 this morning I had part of a Greek yogurt and just now I ate 4 saltine crackers. I can get fluids down easy enough, but I cannot stomach Protein Shakes. How are you all getting in sufficient calories and Protein? Never thought I would be concerned aboutvesting enough food, LOL.

Congrats to you all on your weight loss. I haven't had my surgery yet but decided to see how others are doing post op. I've noticed several people talk about not being able to drink Water and I think to myself "I hope that's not the case with me because I love a bottle of Water with ice chunks in it." I'm also now preparing a list of things I will need post op like my meds' date=' Vitamins, supplements, Protein shakes, etc. Thank you all for keeping me motivated and sharing your ups and downs of your journey. I too will be band to bypass so it helps to hear what to kind of expect for the pain level. I want to wish each of you continued success and I'll be checking in probably daily! dde00[/quote']

I have no issues drinking as long as I don't chug...I can take 3-4 normal swallows before I feel pressure. Now, this nasty damn ketone taste in my mouth 24/7 makes me not like plain water which makes me sad because I love water!!!!'

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 231.4

I have no issues drinking as long as I don't chug...I can take 3-4 normal swallows before I feel pressure. Now' date=' this nasty damn ketone taste in my mouth 24/7 makes me not like plain Water which makes me sad because I love water!!!!'

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 231.4[/quote']

Try a Tongue scrapper,it will help with that , it's worked miracles for me

living4myself_gb1-21-13:

And I have officially been introduced to dumping. Cream of wheat kicked my butt this morning! That was not fun kids, not fun at all.

ok I think I have hit my first "stall" as you advanced members call it! I dropped 26 pounds from Feb 6 to today. Going into week five. Im not worried for frustrated just taking one day at a time...

HW 250/1st Lapband 198/2nd Lapband 232/Pre conversion 2/6/13 to bypass 232. Currently,206.6, Bariatric GW 134, Realistic GW 150

Well my Kindle finally died :( I am waiting for a new one so I have officially learned how to get on here from my computer LOL WOOHOO!! Soccermom I feel for you! I have yet, knock on wood, to experiance dumping. Everytime I try something new I go into a panic! My major issue lately is I havenot been eating! I am lucky if I remember to eat once a day. I have to get myself back in gear! It is just hard when I literally have no appetite!

It was cream of wheat!!!! I've had it 5 or 6 times since surgery, made exactly the same way...no clue why it kicked my butt this time :/. I'm going on 4 hours later and still weak and shaky but at least no longer feel like I'm going to die :). Not sure if I'll EVER be brave enough to try it again :(

Monkey, you're still rocking it lady! Keep up the great work!!!

How did you make it?

I had a blast last night. I went ballroom dancing! I haven't been for 2 years due to feeling unattractive and because it's hard to dance in heels when you're 275 pounds. That's a lot of PSIs on the balls of your feet!

Anyway, at 60 pounds lighter I strapped on my shoes and went. Here's what I discovered: I wasn't hydrated enough. One 3-minute dance left me parched. Also, I'm not in shape. Even a slow dance like a foxtrot or a waltz left me feeling whipped. I've been walking, but I need to up the cardio somehow so I can dance two or three in a row, and hydrate well before going.

Anyway, a little victory along the way. What fun!

And I have officially been introduced to dumping. Cream of wheat kicked my butt this morning! That was not fun kids' date=' not fun at all.

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 231.4[/quote']

Isn't it weird how you can eat something one day and can't tolerate on a different day?

I had a blast last night. I went ballroom dancing! I haven't been for 2 years due to feeling unattractive and because it's hard to dance in heels when you're 275 pounds. That's a lot of PSIs on the balls of your feet!

Anyway' date=' at 60 pounds lighter I strapped on my shoes and went. Here's what I discovered: I wasn't hydrated enough. One 3-minute dance left me parched. Also, I'm not in shape. Even a slow dance like a foxtrot or a waltz left me feeling whipped. I've been walking, but I need to up the cardio somehow so I can dance two or three in a row, and hydrate well before going.

Anyway, a little victory along the way. What fun![/quote']

What was your surgery date?