Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Post-Op's

Ugh, long story. I have this 'friend' we've had an interesting 6 months. He does everything possible for me, took my son for the weekend when I was first post-op (did his laundry while he was there!!!), fixed my car when it had issues a couple months ago, spent last weekend while we were camping making my hot tea for me so I wouldn't freeze to death. Worries about me like my mother does. It's crazy sweet. We've been having our own grown up slumber parties for about 5 months when we can both get rid of our sons for a night....it's been a lot of fun and it's been very sweet, and he makes me feel safe, and cared for, and loved. However he is very scarred from a very bad marriage and won't let down that wall around his heart. It is very very sad to see such an amazing man limit himself because of one damn woman. So long story short, I want more, I want a real relationship, he doesn't, I'm heartbroken and had a rough couple days. The really crummy part is that he's like my best friend now. If I'm upset he's the one I turn to, except I can't. Just sad, I'll survive. And frustrated he won't let down his guard at least enough to give us a chance. There's my man drama!

Ugh' date=' long story. I have this 'friend' we've had an interesting 6 months. He does everything possible for me, took my son for the weekend when I was first post-op (did his laundry while he was there!!!), fixed my car when it had issues a couple months ago, spent last weekend while we were camping making my hot tea for me so I wouldn't freeze to death. Worries about me like my mother does. It's crazy sweet. We've been having our own grown up slumber parties for about 5 months when we can both get rid of our sons for a night....it's been a lot of fun and it's been very sweet, and he makes me feel safe, and cared for, and loved. However he is very scarred from a very bad marriage and won't let down that wall around his heart. It is very very sad to see such an amazing man limit himself because of one damn woman. So long story short, I want more, I want a real relationship, he doesn't, I'm heartbroken and had a rough couple days. The really crummy part is that he's like my best friend now. If I'm upset he's the one I turn to, except I can't. Just sad, I'll survive. And frustrated he won't let down his guard at least enough to give us a chance. There's my man drama![/quote']

Soccer,

Its been 6 months. Give it time. You still have a lot of changes you are going through. Take it one step at a time.

Soccer' date='

Its been 6 months. Give it time. You still have a lot of changes you are going through. Take it one step at a time.[/quote']

Good advice. I'd love to have at least what you've described myself. I've not been in a relationship in more than 10 years! I know you can't control your heart though. It wants what it wants!

RNY Surgery 2/28/13. Starting Weight: 296 Day of Surgery Weight: 274 Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

Good advice. I'd love to have at least what you've described myself. I've not been in a relationship in more than 10 years! I know you can't control your heart though. It wants what it wants!

RNY Surgery 2/28/13. Starting Weight: 296 Day of Surgery Weight: 274 Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

Sadly he's like my best friend and I'm madly in love with him....it's frustrating though, I've had numerous people come up and say ' how long have y'all been together, he is just totally smitten with you' or 'wow I wish my husband treated me like he treats you'.....I'll watch and wait and I'll survive, just a little heartbroken right now (been through worse and came out on top though!)

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 231.6

Ok Friday weigh in on off its Wednesday but I'm off and behind anyway cause extended hospital stay 6 days home 2 night then 6 more days so today was my post op appointment being tomorrow il will be 3 weeks post

HW 369 SW 343 Current 328 I wasn't to happy with that but my dr was he told me with all the fluids and drugs the gave me for those 12 days he was very happy with my loose But he said at my next month appointment I should see about another 60 pounds come off that would be great if he's right and I'm really going to try to beat just hope I get the full ok next Tuesday to exercise from cardiac dr

Ugh, long story. I have this 'friend' we've had an interesting 6 months. He does everything possible for me, took my son for the weekend when I was first post-op (did his laundry while he was there!!!), fixed my car when it had issues a couple months ago, spent last weekend while we were camping making my hot tea for me so I wouldn't freeze to death. Worries about me like my mother does. It's crazy sweet. We've been having our own grown up slumber parties for about 5 months when we can both get rid of our sons for a night....it's been a lot of fun and it's been very sweet, and he makes me feel safe, and cared for, and loved. However he is very scarred from a very bad marriage and won't let down that wall around his heart. It is very very sad to see such an amazing man limit himself because of one damn woman. So long story short, I want more, I want a real relationship, he doesn't, I'm heartbroken and had a rough couple days. The really crummy part is that he's like my best friend now. If I'm upset he's the one I turn to, except I can't. Just sad, I'll survive. And frustrated he won't let down his guard at least enough to give us a chance. There's my man drama!

When you say, "I want more, I want a relationship," how is that different from what you have now? Do you mean long-term commitment? Cohabitation? Exclusivity? What would be different, specifically?

Ok Friday weigh in on off its Wednesday but I'm off and behind anyway cause extended hospital stay 6 days home 2 night then 6 more days so today was my post op appointment being tomorrow il will be 3 weeks post

HW 369 SW 343 Current 328 I wasn't to happy with that but my dr was he told me with all the fluids and drugs the gave me for those 12 days he was very happy with my loose But he said at my next month appointment I should see about another 60 pounds come off that would be great if he's right and I'm really going to try to beat just hope I get the full ok next Tuesday to exercise from cardiac dr

Wow! Sixty more pounds in the next month? I'm speechless!

It may be happening. I toweled off this morning and a little wad of hair collected in the towel. I've been through Hair loss before after each of my three kids, so I know what to expect. Nevertheless, I went online and found a couple informative articles I thought I'd share:

From the American Hair Loss Association (seemed like a reliable source)

And from Drugs.com. This one is shorter and easier to read for those who prefer the TL:DR version.

When you say, "I want more, I want a relationship," how is that different from what you have now? Do you mean long-term commitment? Cohabitation? Exclusivity? What would be different, specifically?

... Wait... when you say "slumber party" is that an euphemism for sex or just for a platonic sleep-over?

Just had my one week follow up appt. lost 12 lbs! I am thrilled! Find I am getting stronger every day. Phew. I think I'm going to make it.

... Wait... when you say "slumber party" is that an euphemism for sex or just for a platonic sleep-over?

Lol that would be sex....I want for their to be the potential for a future, that's all I'm asking for. He says no never again. I can't continue with the relationship we have without at least a chance it's going to go somewhere. We will still be friends, our boys are in school and scouts together and are best friends so we see each other a fair amount. He is a great, great guy with an amazing heart that just got trampled, if he figures out how to break down that wall around his heart and I'm still here I guess we will see what happens. I'm guessing he won't take that wall down for a very very long time, if ever and that is really sad because he's a really good person and he's born to take care of others....just how he's wired.

R u on Prilosec or protonix?

HW 250/1st Lapband 198/2nd Lapband 232/Pre conversion 2/6/13 to bypass 232. Currently' date='206.6, Bariatric GW 134, Realistic GW 150[/quote']

No. I have been taking zantac twice a day but if I miss a dose or it wears off it is horrid.

Well 2 weeks 1 day and still having BAD left side pain :( went to ER last night and had CT done. They called today saying I have to go see my Dr ASAP they think I have an abscess ! Why me? Has anyone else had this? Appt at 3 and I do not know what is going to happen.

Well 2 weeks 1 day and still having BAD left side pain :( went to ER last night and had CT done. They called today saying I have to go see my Dr ASAP they think I have an abscess ! Why me? Has anyone else had this? Appt at 3 and I do not know what is going to happen.

Oh bless your heart, let us know what they say!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 231.6