Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Post-Op's

I just took a 1/2 of a 10mg melatonin to see if I can sleep tonight. The loratab that I haven't had since Tuesday has kept me all wired up, Benadryl did nothing for me last night. Praying I get some sleep tonight!

I would kill for a scrambled egg. They told me I have to wait till soft food stage, which is Monday! YAY! 7days post op and I made it through ten hours of school today, and back to work Monday. Overall, this was a much easier adventure then I thought it would be (so far). I have not weighed myself since finding out I gained a zillion pounds leaving the hospital, now I'm afraid. I will find out Monday at check up. Today I felt a lump either my right lymph node or gland is swollen and sore. Praying this is nothing.

I would kill for a scrambled egg. They told me I have to wait till soft food stage' date=' which is Monday! YAY! 7days post op and I made it through ten hours of school today, and back to work Monday. Overall, this was a much easier adventure then I thought it would be (so far). I have not weighed myself since finding out I gained a zillion pounds leaving the hospital, now I'm afraid. I will find out Monday at check up. Today I felt a lump either my right lymph node or gland is swollen and sore. Praying this is nothing.[/quote']

I had a scrambled egg today for the first time and my only advice is to make sure you eat SLOW and small bites. I had to remind myself to do that because it was such a nice change from the liquids. Proud of you for going back to work. Not me yet!

HW 344, DOS 320, Surgery Date 2/20/13, CW 308 Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

I just took a 1/2 of a 10mg melatonin to see if I can sleep tonight. The loratab that I haven't had since Tuesday has kept me all wired up' date=' Benadryl did nothing for me last night. Praying I get some sleep tonight![/quote']

Can you listen to music? I found this Pandora Relaxation Station when I was in the hospital and as cheesy as it sounds it has been so wonderful to help me fall asleep.

HW 344, DOS 320, Surgery Date 2/20/13, CW 308 Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

Is anyone getting dizzy when up and around? I'm four weeks out on the 6th. I finally got rid of my intense pain in my stomach muscle so I started moving around more and I'm getting dizzy, slightly nauseous and tire easily. I feel better when I sit or lay down.....I'm drinking all the time. I eat three times a day even tho I'm not hungry.

Yay get to take a shower today and I know this is gross but I had a bowel movement this morning. I just can't wait to be home in my own bed tonight

We Celebrate BM's here!!!!!

Had my 2 week post opp appt. Doc gave me a shot of lytocane for my horrible pain' date=' then gave me a script for more lortab.....get to the pharmacy and the want another prior authorization for meds I have been on for two weeks, oh and by the way that will take a few days.....so I offer to pay cash for the med and they tell me I'm not allowed to pay cash for narcotics that I could lose my Molina.....what the heck is this about.....I am in insane pain and I don't know what to do....I filed a complaint with Molina. They are going to "work on this tomorrow". Please help me Lord! I just don't know what to do....the pain is making me crazy. Please send prayers my way...on the bright side I got my Frankenstein staples out but I've only lost 9 lbs since surgery. I hope everyone is doing well. Its hard to keep up with this pain and husband is going crazy in our messy home....I need to get back on my feet. God bless you all,

Kat[/quote']

Ask for tramadol it helped me with that pain bigtime.. Yesterday and today was the first time I could get up and walk around without holding myself

I had my surgery the 25th and was released the 28th. I never had major problems with nausea or anything my problem is something I haven't eard anyone mention and now i wonder if I am broken....I had a penrose drain on the left side that was in til right before I went out the door. Now that area almost reminds me of my grandmas colostomy if I move in anyway it feels like I have a 5lb weight pulling on that spot. It kills to Sit, stand, turn, roll over, you name it. That and my back is soo sore it feels like I was smashed in the middle of my back with a baseball bat. Other than that I burp and poop all the time and hiccups hurt like crazy...is this normal or am I broken?

Sorry pain meds have made me lose my mind lol... does anyone have hints in how to pass gass

Gas x strips

It feels so close to me having gas but every time I try nothing happens its so frustrating. The gas seems to have migrated to my back and I can't get comfortable at all ughhh

It feels so close to me having gas but every time I try nothing happens its so frustrating. The gas seems to have migrated to my back and I can't get comfortable at all ughhh

I was like that too for a few days. I was afraid to put pressure on my tummy to fart. But after a few days it just happened. Hahahaha

I had my surgery the 25th and was released the 28th. I never had major problems with nausea or anything my problem is something I haven't eard anyone mention and now i wonder if I am broken....I had a penrose drain on the left side that was in til right before I went out the door. Now that area almost reminds me of my grandmas colostomy if I move in anyway it feels like I have a 5lb weight pulling on that spot. It kills to Sit' date=' stand, turn, roll over, you name it. That and my back is soo sore it feels like I was smashed in the middle of my back with a baseball bat. Other than that I burp and poop all the time and hiccups hurt like crazy...is this normal or am I broken?[/quote']

I think we all have had left side pain. I know mine is crippling at times. I am 11 days post op. Just keep taking your pain meds and move (walk) when you can. It gets better!

I am four days post op and feeling pretty good. I decided to try oatmeal for the first time today and it was awesome ! ( watered down a little more than I like). I just felt like I was ready for soft food . It was a great change from liquids . On the down side of things I still get tired easily and have crazy gas bubbles gurgling all the time. Does anyone know how long the gas bubbles last?

Surgery date 2/26/13

I had my surgery the 25th and was released the 28th. I never had major problems with nausea or anything my problem is something I haven't eard anyone mention and now i wonder if I am broken....I had a penrose drain on the left side that was in til right before I went out the door. Now that area almost reminds me of my grandmas colostomy if I move in anyway it feels like I have a 5lb weight pulling on that spot. It kills to Sit' date=' stand, turn, roll over, you name it. That and my back is soo sore it feels like I was smashed in the middle of my back with a baseball bat. Other than that I burp and poop all the time and hiccups hurt like crazy...is this normal or am I broken?[/quote']

Some of the drains are put in deep mine was and out hurry when they pulled it. Also they mentioned that they do an internal stitch so that may be you pain. My pain was from am internal stitch to the abdominal muscle which caused horrific pain sitting, standing or lying down. My back hurts too but I'm sure it's from lying around so much from the pain..

I finally made it back to my bed two days ago! Now I suffer from dizziness and weakness.....