Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Post-Op's

I am 2 weeks post op today. I am feeling better everyday. I still have some muscle/incision pain around my left rib. At times, it makes it difficult to get out of bed. I am on pureed food and am doing well on getting all my Protein in. I return to work on Monday so my schedule will change. I find it difficult to get all of my Water and protein both in. Feels like I am constantly putting something in my mouth. Timing my Vitamins to keep my Iron away from my Calcium is also a challenge!

I am 2 week post and had an open RNY. Recovery has been very difficult, with a lot of pain. U am on full liquids for an additional 2 weeks to include cottage cheese, pudding, yogurt and cream of wheat. No issues on eating and I am moving everyday but cannot seem to walk longer than 30 mins yet, but that is okay. DOS 212 CW 200 with a goal of 135.

Good morning everyone! I'm so excited! The scales moved!!!!! (well' date=' so to speak, as in the age of digital scales the only thing that changes is the LCD display, but I'll take it!)

I guess you could say I'm in the "honeymoon period" because I don't feel hungry hardly ever, and I can cheerfully take my kids through the drive-through at McDonalds and not feel the least bit tempted by the sights or smells. All my bruises are gone, and all but one of the lap incisions scabs have fallen off. I can move without pain and don't tire easily.

My only problem is getting all my nutrients in. If I focus on the Protein, I come up short on the Water. The next day I focus on the Water, and miss the Protein by half. I'm so glad I'm off work for another few weeks while I learn how to do this. I think I'll have to really develop a schedule that I can "memorize" at home, so when I go back to work I can take it with me and not come home from a 12-hour shift dehydrated and weak (and I could see this happening).

How are the rest of you doing? Can we have a check-in of everybody? Those doing well, and those needing support? I'd love to hear from all of you!

Cheers!

Cecilia[/quote']

Cecelia how did it takes for your pains to go?

I'm three weeks out as of yesterday haven't been able to walk more than 15 minutes. When I do I'm exhausted. Even after a shower I'm exhausted. My pain has gotten more tolerable but neither Tylenol or Lortab touched the pain. Mostly the weird part is its like i cant have anything touching my skin by my pain areas.....Doc let me do 48 hours of Motrin that helped and they wrote a script for ultram which I hope helps the rest of this pain. I'm suppose to go back to work on the 5th starting half days i have a sitting job so im hoping it will go well. I'm going to venture out Friday to treat myself to mani/pedi.

HW 250/1st Lapband 198/2nd Lapband 232/Pre conversion 2/6/13 to bypass 232.....Current 211

I am 5 days post op and trying not to take lortab. How much children's Tylenol are we to take? Liquid/and meltaways ? I am hoping everyone gets to feeling better soon. I know it helps being able to move and be active. ;)

I have been warned that taking the 4 tsp of children's Tylenol can make you dump due to the sugar content

Hello everyone

Surgery was Wednesday morning at 8am....had the RNY .... Everything went great......one day in step down and one day in regular room... Both leak tests were perfect...Going home in morning....YEA! For me.... I didn't chicken out....moved over to the looser's side...... Just want to thank everyone for all the encouraging word and support from all of y'all ..I would have been ad informed and ready for this without this board....y'all rock! Thanks again????????????

Hello everyone, I had my surgery this past tuesday, all went well. I was discharged from the hospital yesterday . Today has not been bad pain wise, other than getting the hiccups. Any suggestions on how to alleviate them? They are super painful .

Whether I go or stay today is all dependent on a fart....crazy!!! They're threatening suppositories!!!!

HW 312' date=' pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 240[/quote']

Lol that sounds funny.

Hello everyone' date=' I had my surgery this past tuesday, all went well. I was discharged from the hospital yesterday . Today has not been bad pain wise, other than getting the hiccups. Any suggestions on how to alleviate them? They are super painful .[/quote']

Let me know! Because I get them too...but they seem to go away quickly with just some breathing. But goodness, they hurt!

HW 344, DOS 320, Surgery Date 2/20/13, CW 308 Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

I have been warned that taking the 4 tsp of children's Tylenol can make you dump due to the sugar content

Ugh. I took melt aways and got the sugar overdose. Sweats. Sick. No diarrhea tho. Awful feeling but am having a hard time gagging down lortab. When can we start swallowing pills? I know I was told to take my Biotin gel caps but afraid it will get stuck. Please any insight will help. Friday the 1st will be exactly 7 days post op.

I just have one question....what the heck is Unjury? Lol

It's a Protein powder/drink.....the haves chicken Soup a lot of people like and some people love their shakes....meh, not impressed. :)

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 234.8

Ugh. I took melt aways and got the sugar overdose. Sweats. Sick. No diarrhea tho. Awful feeling but am having a hard time gagging down lortab. When can we start swallowing pills? I know I was told to take my Biotin gel caps but afraid it will get stuck. Please any insight will help. Friday the 1st will be exactly 7 days post op.

It's one of those 'ask your doc' moments but I've been taking extra strength Tylenol caplets since about a week out without any issue! I was scared to try the Syrup so figured what the heck and tried the pills...no problems on my end!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 234.8

Out of surgery and doing ok. It was 10:30 this morning and with hernia repair and adhesion removal took about 3 hours

The pain was bad but they got it under control. The gas is an issue but will be going for a walk soon. I've chips are delicious!!!!!

Tomorrow a leak test and then some liquids. All is good