Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was anyone Banded on 2/9/07 ?

Hi,

I was banded yesterday 2/9/07 and wanted to know if anyone else out there had it done on the same day so we can chat about what's going on. I am very excited for these first couple days to be over with, I hate having down time.

I have a lot of questions, I am very greatful for this website!!!

Hey Skinnyrebel!

I was banded on the 6th of February! Is that close enough??? I ended up going to Mexico even though on Jan 2 my insurance covered the band, it's just that you had to have a years worth of suppervised diet. My 10 months of LA Weight Loss wasn't good enough for them.

I am feeling great! Just a bit "tight" where my incisions are but other than that, all my gas is gone, I haven't felt hungry and I just finished cleaning the house with the help of my wonderful hubby.

I felt I was needing Protein this morning so I have some chewable vitamins and I broke them apart and just chewed little peices and now I feel full of energy! I've lost 16 pounds already too!!!!:clap2: I am looking forward to the journey and can't wait to get to my goal!

Megret

WOW Megret 16 pounds is amazing!!! Your 3 days ahead of me on the surgery date but we are totally in the same situtation. I haven't eatten an Vitamins or anything other than chicken/veggie broth, Jello, crystal light and juice pops. I'm so nervous to go out side these guide lines but I keep wondering at what point will I get some Protein and how on earth will this keep me full. When I ask my doctor all they said was keep it clear...which was a little disturbing, I was hoping they would have a more detailed answer for me. I have been using this site more than my own doctor for advise. Anyway, I can't wait to get over this 1st week hump and on to getting my life back. I am so excited about being skinny soon, it's all I keep thinking about. Thanks for writing back to me. I am so happy for you on your weight loss, keep up the great work!!! Speak to you soon!!

-Rebecca

I was banded on Feb. 9th by Dr. Ortiz in Mexico. Oh my goodness this was such a great experience!!! I just loved his staff and everything else about his clinic.

I am back at work today with a little bit of pain at my incisions. I'm sitting alot so I feel slightly uncomfortable but nothing that I can't deal with.

The liquid diet is going good so far. However, I can start drinking yogurt tomorrow and then Protein shakes and other soft stuff by day 8. I think everything will be okay. The mental hunger is there when I smell food but I am trying to kick that habit. This band will help me do that since I CAN NOT CHEW anything until day 21.

I am feeling great!! I don't plan to weight myself anytime soon. I want to feel the change in my clothes first. I might weigh myself after one month or at my first fill (if or when neccessary).

Good luck to you!!!

Hi Pamela,

Congrats we're both on out way to a new life!! I actually took on extra day off (today) I'm going back to work tomorrow. Did you tell your co-workers? I lied and said I got my apendiex taken out. I hate to lie but I just didn't feel ready to tell anyone yet. When are you going back to the doctor for a check up? I never made an appointment.

Hey Skinnyrebel,

I also lied to my co workers and told them that I was meeting my sister in San Deigo, which was true but we then went to Mexico for my surgery. I left that part out. I just didn't want anybody judging me for going to Mexico. I felt confident because I did my research so I did not want to hear any negative comments. They might wonder soon why I am only drinking for lunch instead of eating. Oh well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

I don't really have a follow up appointment except in 6 weeks when I might need a fill. I plan to go back to Dr. Ortiz for that appointment as I really trust him.

Good luck to you! I hope you loose a lot of weight and watch out for that head hunger. Someone was popping popcorn today at work and it sure smelled good. It made me hungry for a minute but I just kept sippin on my broth!!:heh:

Hi, I was banded on th 9th by Dr Zapata in Monterrey, mex. I had a great experience! I am feeling much better, and I am back at work today! Still sore, but the gas pains and diarrhea seem to be gone. Thank the lord. Anyway...It is good to know that there are several of us with the same date and maybe we can all try to support each other.

Hi, I was banded on th 9th by Dr Zapata in Monterrey, mex. I had a great experience! I am feeling much better, and I am back at work today! Still sore, but the gas pains and diarrhea seem to be gone. Thank the lord. Anyway...It is good to know that there are several of us with the same date and maybe we can all try to support each other.

I am glad that you had a good experience in Mexico like me. Good luck to you. I wish I could figure out how to down load one of those tickers showing my weight loss. I can't figure it out!

For the ticker, go to www.tickerfactory.com. Follow their directions, and then copy and paste the URL they give you to your signature here in the forum.

I hope that helps, if not, let me know and I will try to explain it better.

I cut & paste the whole URL info and then try to paste on my signature but it always says invalid. I guess I am not doing something right. Oh well, I will be fine without a ticker.

Thanks anyway.