Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ablation tomorrow

Hopefully it will get rid of these awful periods!!!!

I had ablation done 2 1/2 years ago...BEST thing (other than gastic bypass) I've ever done!! NO MORE BLEEDING!!! WOOOHOOO!!!

I've always had horrible periods (long & heavy). I stopped the pill today for surgery in 2 weeks, and I'm real nervous about how bad this ones gonna be. What is the ablation exactly? Does it stop your period? I'm done having kids so I'm very curious.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I've always had horrible periods (long & heavy). I stopped the pill today for surgery in 2 weeks, and I'm real nervous about how bad this ones gonna be. What is the ablation exactly? Does it stop your period? I'm done having kids so I'm very curious.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

An ablasion is where they go in and remove the lining of the uterus....thus no more periods because there is no lining to shed. It stopped all bleeding for me!! And I have no more periods, not able to get pregnant. I LOVE IT!! It's like a non-invasive hysterectomy....only I kept my parts! So no hormone replacement!

Anniesmom.. do you work and if so how long did you take off after having the proceedure. They gave me a saddleblock to help with post pain at home and advised me not to work tomorrow. But also work Saturdays for about 5 hours and was wondering if that was feasible. At home feeling pretty good right now. Got some great drugs. lol!! Made the mistake of getting on the scale and forgot that the iv fluids make you gain alot.... so gonna ignore that weight and weigh again Sunday.

Anniesmom.. do you work and if so how long did you take off after having the proceedure. They gave me a saddleblock to help with post pain at home and advised me not to work tomorrow. But also work Saturdays for about 5 hours and was wondering if that was feasible. At home feeling pretty good right now. Got some great drugs. lol!! Made the mistake of getting on the scale and forgot that the iv fluids make you gain alot.... so gonna ignore that weight and weigh again Sunday.

I do work... and I'll tell you how my post op went.... I had the ablation on Friday morning before labor day.... spent that day in the recliner (just because of the meds they gave me...I was OUT) the next day I went bowling in the late afternoon and on Sunday we went to a local amusement park (Carowinds). On that Monday (Labor day) I went to a family cookout and went back to work on Tuesday. I didnt have any problems at all. But its just me....I refuse to stay down and recover quickly I guess. I never really slowed down except the day of the surgery.

Thanks girl... Ya I'm feeling pretty good right now as think Saturday will be a go... Tomorrow I'm just gonna take it easy. Thanks for the input

What's an ablation?

I had an ablation after our third kid e cause I have a large fibroid in my uterus. We did the ablation to not only stop my cycle but to see if the fibroid would die off or stop growing. I have had it since I was preg for my first child.....11 years ago. So after our third because the surgery to remove it was too dangerous with my knowledge of how complicated my preg were and breaking everything in that area due to an accident several years ago.

The ablation was the best thing we did, but the fibroid did not change so no dr would touch the removal of the fibroid due to size and where it's pushing inside due to the fact I did not so well after three kids each one did something else to my lower body section and I couldn't loose any of the weight due to the pain the fibroid caused, thus 11 yrs is enough and I just had the bypass last Wed and once I am down some weight they will be able to remove the fibroid. Can't wait.

Sorry for the end, just wanted to tell you the ablation was one of the best things I have done for myself medically and if you are done with children and have a medical need. I highly recommend it!

Best of luck with yours.

I had an ablation in Nov. For 6 solid weeks, I had a heavy water-like discharge. I even had to use Poise pads, like, for incontinence, because regular pads weren't absorbing.

Got a period in January and it was just as heavy as before, so I thought it hadn't worked, but this cycle was super light and super short. Only 3 days. I can definitely live with that.

I'm a week and half out from the ablation. No issues at all. I'm really feeling great. In another 2 weeks ill know if periods have stopped all together or not.

Had mine in 2003, I'm one of the percentile it did not work on. I was a two Weeker, clots and all. Ended up partial in 05 and ovaries in 08. I have friends who had it and it worked. Do good luck to you all. :)

I had an ablation in 2004. Best thing I ever did. I was 48 when I had it done, after suffering for 20 years with horrible heavy long periods.

I had ablation done approx. 6 months ago. My periods are a lot more tolerable but I do still get them. I don't regret getting the procedure even though it didn't turn out exactly as I hoped. Has anyone thought of getting it done a second time??