Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What ya eating tonight?

2.5 ounces of turkey sausage

HW 358 SW 344 CW 275 RNY 4/11/2013

Ok I have a question on the 30 minute rule for drinking when you eat Cereal is ok to drink the milk in your cereal same for Soup what about the broth in soup

The yogarts are confusing me. I cant find any of them that has less than 16 carbs' date=' i looked at all of them even the greeks the Fage, all of them are high carb. And their all the single serving containers,[/quote']

I have this same problem. I'm suppose to be eating low carb and all the yogurts have a considerable amount of sugar except for the diabetic friendly ones which are sweetened with artificial stuff so I avoid yogurt now until I can find one that works for me. I'd love to find a Greek yogurt with no more than 3 grams of carbs. Anyone know of one?? Even the plain ones I've seen at whole foods have at least 9 grams of net carbs:(

Does anyone still wait 30 minutes after eating before drinking something? I know we did it in the beginning' date=' but its a little tougher to do when you are eating more. I try to time my meals so I won't drink too soon.[/quote']

I have to wait an hour after eating to drink and my dr said that is for the rest of my life

Having a scrambled egg but its not doing it for me. I'm getting really sick of the things I'm eating. I only have another week and half until normal food but this last week is a killer. I might dump the egg and have a yogurt instead.

Ok I have a question on the 30 minute rule for drinking when you eat cereal is ok to drink the milk in your cereal same for Soup what about the broth in soup

The liquid washes the food out of your pouch. You want the food to stay in there as long as possible so no, you shouldn't drink the milk. I was told no Soups. Rule of thumb is no liquid calories.

The liquid washes the food out of your pouch. You want the food to stay in there as long as possible so no' date=' you shouldn't drink the milk. I was told no Soups. Rule of thumb is no liquid calories.[/quote']

It's weird how surgeons ate different. We can have Soup and cereal with milk. I usually use yogurt though.

Thanks to my sweet bf buying me a box of apple pie Quest bars, I was finally able to get my 60 grams of Protein in. A girl I work with said they're bad for you because they have a lot of sodium, but I was told to focus on protein and not worry about calories, carbs, etc. so if they're helping me get my protein I'm all for it.

I find most days I eat around like 700 calories but on days I work double shifts I'm up for like 20 hours straight and eat more like 1000. It sounds like that's way too much. Meanwhile it's way less than I was eating before and it's healthy food and those 1000 cal days I get well over 80g Protein. Am I broken?

Thanks to my sweet bf buying me a box of apple pie Quest bars' date=' I was finally able to get my 60 grams of Protein in. A girl I work with said they're bad for you because they have a lot of sodium, but I was told to focus on protein and not worry about calories, carbs, etc. so if they're helping me get my protein I'm all for it.[/quote']

Are they really good? I almost ordered some yesterday. I ordered a different brand awhile back and didnt really care for them. They arent cheap so I hate to order them and not like them.

2 pieces of sweet & sour chicken, few spoonfuls of rice, and 2 spears of broccoli. It's sitting beautifully so I'm a happy momma right now.

HW:358 DOS:338 CW:275 SD:1/28/13

Are they really good? I almost ordered some yesterday. I ordered a different brand awhile back and didnt really care for them. They arent cheap so I hate to order them and not like them.

I love them! They have a similar hard, dense consistency as other Protein Bars, but they taste really good.

I ate 5 lean cuisine Thai chicken rolls and 1 graham cracker. It didn't seem like much when I was eating, but now thinking about it seems like a lot. I don't feel hungry or full ever. :-/ frustrating.

I love them! They have a similar hard' date=' dense consistency as other Protein bars, but they taste really good.[/quote']

I love Quest bars ... My fave are the banana nut muffin heated for just a few seconds .....YUMM-o

surgery date 6/11/13 HW: 364lbs. SW: 335.5 CW: 304 GW: 150

Thanks to my sweet bf buying me a box of apple pie Quest bars' date=' I was finally able to get my 60 grams of Protein in. A girl I work with said they're bad for you because they have a lot of sodium, but I was told to focus on protein and not worry about calories, carbs, etc. so if they're helping me get my protein I'm all for it.[/quote']

Nutritionally, there are way worse protein bars on the market. Quest bars are the cleanest & best protein out there. Don't listen to the work person. She probably has no idea about WLS nutrition anyway. Do you nuke them for a few seconds? I hear that makes that flavor yummier.