Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What ya eating tonight?

Ok I don't understand I'm 6 weeks tomorrow and i can't eat hardly any of the stuff everyone's eating my food is yogurt tuna string cheese egg but only fried at first I eat fish Salmon& Flounder but the other night tried Talapia and got sick

7 days after my Rny I had an upper GI bleed, lost almost 2 units of blood, I had Chunky chicken noodle Soup pureed noodles removed. I pushed it to soon. I almost died in my sleep. DON'T PUSH IT! I don't mean to scare you. I then was psychologically affected by my near death experience and didn't go past Protein Shakes for 120 days and was @ 165lbs at 6'2" tall (440lbs b4 Rny) I almost died again ahhhhh! Be careful and take it slow.

7 days after my Rny I had an upper GI bleed' date=' lost almost 2 units of blood, I had Chunky chicken noodle Soup pureed noodles removed. I pushed it to soon. I almost died in my sleep. DON'T PUSH IT! I don't mean to scare you. I then was psychologically affected by my near death experience and didn't go past Protein Shakes for 120 days and was @ 165lbs at 6'2" tall (440lbs b4 Rny) I almost died again ahhhhh! Be careful and take it slow.[/quote']

Sorry to hear about what has happened to you. I hope everything is good now.

Gen :-) 12/15/12

I had surgery Dec 15 and am down to 179. I could not wait to eat fruit absolutely love it. I don't eat breads' date=' Pasta, potatoes, or other processed carbs. However last night my daughter was eating Doritos so I tried and had some. That was after 86g of Protein. I do have a shake before I work out and after. I work out everyday. I think it is inappropriate to judge someone because you don't know their daily menu or work out schedule. I believe after almost 4 months since surgery, w nothing but healthy food (proteins, veggies, fruit) for me, you have no place to be judgmental. Before last night, I didn't touch one processed carb. Many people on here might be the same way. So please step off that pedestal you placed yourself on and stop looking down your nose and making rude comments to those of us who are honest about what we ate. We are human, we aren't perfect and neither are you.

Gen :-) 12/15/12[/quote']

Sorry to have struck a nerve. You must have thought I was talking about you. I was not. My error in NOT sharing my comment privately to whom I was blogging with. Congrats sounds like you have food under control, keep up the good work:-)

weight.png

7 days after my Rny I had an upper GI bleed' date=' lost almost 2 units of blood, I had Chunky chicken noodle Soup pureed noodles removed. I pushed it to soon. I almost died in my sleep. DON'T PUSH IT! I don't mean to scare you. I then was psychologically affected by my near death experience and didn't go past Protein Shakes for 120 days and was @ 165lbs at 6'2" tall (440lbs b4 Rny) I almost died again ahhhhh! Be careful and take it slow.[/quote']

Wow I've heard this happen to some of my Fab Feb family. Glad you took it slow. You are an inspiration to a lot o,people on this blog:-)

weight.png

Frank let me try again the day after my surgery I went into A-fib so 6 days in hospital home 2 nights my stomach was hurting thought was gas so took pain and went to bed woke up about 4:30 could hardly walk got ready to go to dr to check my blood called my surgeon on the way Detour to hospital I have Fluid and blood in my stomach so 6 more days in hospital and 6 pints of blood it was very scary the bleeding had stopped but only knew it came from my stomach the dr tried me on soft foods in hosp eggs ok so he told me to try fish it was ok also so soft food was ok I still watched very close and didn't want to try much at home good thing I like yogurt and cheese and Beans till last Thursday eat some fish broccoli and cheese and got sick and haven't been able to eat anything but yogurt since called dr yesterday and he called me 2 medicines for my stomach much better know But I don't touch anything that has something in it I'm not spost to have Soups only creamy no noodles even to strain them out it scares me

Sorry to have struck a nerve. You must have thought I was talking about you. I was not. My error in NOT sharing my comment privately to whom I was blogging with. Congrats sounds like you have food under control' date=' keep up the good work:-)

We can't live others lives for them. But you know what, for many people it was judgmental people and abusiveness that may have caused us/them to eat the way we did before the surgery. Heck, it could have been medications, such as in my case. Many used food for comfort to try to heal those wounds. Why would you want to open wounds that are healing??? I think if something negative must be said, you can drop them a note and start a conversation. I would like to hear positive comments and hear the reality of what people eat. We are all at different stages and can eat different foods. So what if someone gives in after losing 70 pounds and has something they shouldn't. Maybe that was their treat to themselves. It is ok to treat ourselves occasionally. If you see a post day after day about a specific persons diet and are "worried" or whatever it is you feel, drop them a private note.

No you didn't point me out specifically but I will stand up for others. We need to be supportive of each other, not break people down.

We can't live others lives for them. But you know what' date=' for many people it was judgmental people and abusiveness that may have caused us/them to eat the way we did before the surgery. Heck, it could have been medications, such as in my case. Many used food for comfort to try to heal those wounds. Why would you want to open wounds that are healing??? I think if something negative must be said, you can drop them a note and start a conversation. I would like to hear positive comments and hear the reality of what people eat. We are all at different stages and can eat different foods. So what if someone gives in after losing 70 pounds and has something they shouldn't. Maybe that was their treat to themselves. It is ok to treat ourselves occasionally. If you see a post day after day about a specific persons diet and are "worried" or whatever it is you feel, drop them a private note.

No you didn't point me out specifically but I will stand up for others.

Gen :-) 12/15/12[/quote']

I have over 200 posts of positive, uplifting and helpful comments. I made an error and admitted this for all to see.

You want to continue to chastise me. You have made your point. Let us move past this.

weight.png

I made turkey tacos tonight. At first was a little weirded out using turkey as the meat but it was so good. Instead of sour cream I used Greek yogurt. Just had one taco and it was perfect.

I made turkey tacos tonight. At first was a little weirded out using turkey as the meat but it was so good. Instead of sour cream I used Greek yogurt. Just had one taco and it was perfect.

Hey that sounds yummy thanks I just took out some ground turkey

weight.png

We're all in here for ONE reason to support each other no ones perfect and we all make mistakes just some don't admit it so be nice don't gossip at least some of us are human and do things we aren't spost to and aren't afraid to say it and if you take a bit of that cake or eat a chip or a piece of chocolate that's going to happen as long as it just one bite or one time

I got a whopper at BK with lettuce tomatoe onion and pickle and mustard with the meat. Took the bread off gave to my dog he loves bread lol a long with the 2 bacon burgers i got him off the 1.00 menu

I've used ground turkey for years. But I do have to say when I first thought about trying it, I wasn't to sure when buying it. But since then thats all I buy. My family loves it. Even those who come to dinner that don't know it's turkey burger have no complaints.