Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you call your pet smtg other than its name?

We have 2 kitties:

Azriel:

Razzle, Razzle butt, Gravlor, The Gravinator, Gravel. Recently my fiance started calling her Raslan (like Aslan)

Fuzzbutt:

Fuzzle butt, Fuzzle, Fuzzy chicken, chicken Butt, Stinky Butt etc. We call her Chicken, because my fiance used to call her things that rhymed (sort of) with Kitten; Chicken, Kitchen, Curtain... Chicken stuck for some reason.

My sister has a cat named Patches (19lb Cat!!); Pooches, Tubby, Tubs, Patchy cat.

Her cat "mamas" is often called "noodle" because you can pretty much do whatever you want to her, and she's a limp noodle.

Everyone in my family who has animals calls them something else, except maybe my dad with his dogs.

:pound: :pound:

This is the most fun thread I've seen in a long time.

I just love all your terms of endearment!

Ours are relatively tame and unimaginative. Our cat is Benny and we call him Ben-Ben or Mr. Ben.

However, he started his life with us as "Betty". It was after his first visit to the vet that it was changed to Benny. He's a long-hair, what can I say.

I have 2 Boston Terriers, and love them dearly. My male's named Harley, that is all he comes to, if you call him something else, he pees in the floor. My female is named Oreo and she is called digger dog, dogger doo, lovey doo, kissy poo, smoochypoo, kissy face, doggers, and dinky doo she answers to anything, and gives HUGE kisses when she gets there. ~Mandy

post-204409-13813134609088_thumb.jpg

I am owned by a Shih Tzu named Lucy, but I also call her Princess Yum Yum, House Mouse, and variations of those names, plus Fuzzy Butt and other stuff. Unfortunately, she hates everyone except me. My granddaughter calls her Lucy-fer (as in Lucifer). My DH calls her Lucy Loo sometimes, but mostly "crazy dog".

We recently adopted a mini-Schnauzer named Jackson. We haven't really had time to develop a proper list of nicknames yet, but we have called him Jackie and just plain Jack. My 87 year old mother-in-law lives with us and her memory ain't what it used to be. She calls him by any "J" name that comes to mind: Jefferson, Jake, etc. Sometimes she calls him Sarah, which was our yellow Lab that died a few months ago, or Ernie, which was my brother-in-law's dog from 15 or so years ago.

post-204409-13813134902523_thumb.jpg

post-204409-1381313490267_thumb.jpg

post-204296-13813134608349_thumb.jpg

post-204296-13813134608793_thumb.jpg

Carlene that is the cutest dog!!!!

My dog is named Nosey, but we call her every name imaginable! Fluffy butt, butthead, gorgeous, beautiful, miss america, muttbutt, dumbbutt, snickers, moron, etc.... She answers to anything.

My granddaughter calls her Lucy-fer (as in Lucifer).

My 87 year old mother-in-law lives with us and her memory ain't what it used to be.

What is do they call people who take care of their parents and children at the same time? The sandwich generation or something like that. Carlene, you must then be of the clubhouse generation. Grandchildren and parents. Add some cute dogs and it sounds like you have an interesting home life.

GUILTY!

Buddy is aka: Buddy Ray, Mr. Buddy, Bister Muddy, Boo Boo, Oscar, Scooby, and "Idiot!" everytime he attacks the TV because he just saw an animal.

Sassy is aka: Sassy Lee, Lee, Lee Lee, Stinky, Precious, Pretty Pretty, and occasionally "Grace", as she misses her mark while leaping towards the couch once again.

I'm sure there are more that I'm not thinking of right now, because the nick names seem to be constantly evolving!

Tami

My dog is a pug named Lou Grant. We just call him Lou.

We had another pug who died recently named Ted Baxter. We just called him Baxter.

I have two shih-tzu's - Gigi Lily Belle and Sandra Dee - Gigi is pumpkin butt and Sandee is sandee bandee bandee boo - amongst several other lovey dovey names. Sandee is usually cuddled up to me and so she's called mamas baby. If I'm sitting at the computer she lays beside me or insists on my lap. Gigi owns the house and all who live in it. Sandee just loves loves loves everyone and everything. Sandee has to sleep under the covers between me and dh. Gigi will grace us with her presence and sleep at the bottom of the bed. We also have a chesepeake by retreiver, Ginger. She's still a pup and about the biggest dumb dog I've ever seen. She's not really dumb but she's still in that stupid puppy stage. I just call her the big dog.

Sandee has to sleep under the covers between me and dh.

My Shih Tzu sleeps under the covers, too! I was afraid for a time that she would smother, but so far she hasn't. Aren't they the most fun things in the whole world? Mine is little bitty (just under 6 pounds). The groomer calls her "five pounds of trouble". And she is the ONLY groomer who will touch the little twit. She has been kicked out of more than one salon because they say she takes more time and effort than a 100 pound dog.

Carlene that is the cutest dog!!!!

If you mean Lucy (the Shih Tzu), yes, she is a cutie. She has lots of issues, though. We got her because the breeder didn't want to take her back and asked if we would adopt her. She was surrendered by the people who bought her as a puppy.

My DH wanted to breed her, but I said, "No way". She is too small, first off (not quite 6 pounds and the standard is 9-16 pounds) and secondly, I'm afraid she would give birth to demon dogs!

Jackson is cute, too. He is very unusual - an AKC chocolate colored Mini-Schnauzer. They are usually black, silver, or salt and pepper. Jackson is a "real dog" (unlike Lucy, who is a cat in a dog's body). Jackson loves to play fetch and he lives for attention from anyone. Humans are his god. We adopted Jackson from Craig's List. His owners were moving and had never really bonded with him, but they wanted him to have a good home. He had never had a yard - lived in an apartment all his life (he's 10 months old). He LOVES having a yard to defend against the birds and squirrels. (You all know how dangerous birds and squirrels can be, right?)

Jackson sounds very neat and similar in temperament to my two min. schnauzers.

One of mine is darkish silver with bright silver markings, and charcoal around the eyes, nose, etc. She is hailed by all the family to be the quintessential striking, posing beautiful schnauzer. She is serene most of the time, but when she needs to alert us to an intruder (squirrels, rabbits, birds, the UPS guy) she looks like she could take down an elephant.

Sophie on the other hand is very dark salt and pepper and scruffy looking even when groomed. She doesn't get as much attention as Maggie, but her heart is pure gold. She has a tendancy to take after me and gain weight at the drop of a hat. Maggie is all muscle, doesn't gain an ounce. They get the exactly the same amount of food and go on all the same exercise walks, etc. Doctors should study them to figure out what goes on with my dogs diet and caloric burn to maybe get closer to figuring out what happens when humans gain weight.

I'll bet my two would love to meet Jackson!

Jackson sounds very neat and similar in temperament to my two min. schnauzers.

One of mine is darkish silver with bright silver markings, and charcoal around the eyes, nose, etc. She is hailed by all the family to be the quintessential striking, posing beautiful schnauzer. She is serene most of the time, but when she needs to alert us to an intruder (squirrels, rabbits, birds, the UPS guy) she looks like she could take down an elephant.

Sophie on the other hand is very dark salt and pepper and scruffy looking even when groomed. She doesn't get as much attention as Maggie, but her heart is pure gold. She has a tendancy to take after me and gain weight at the drop of a hat. Maggie is all muscle, doesn't gain an ounce. They get the exactly the same amount of food and go on all the same exercise walks, etc. Doctors should study them to figure out what goes on with my dogs diet and caloric burn to maybe get closer to figuring out what happens when humans gain weight.

I'll bet my two would love to meet Jackson!

He would love it to.....and it would be "safe", as he's a fixed boy...LOL.

The doggy love of my life was a beautiful, picture perfect, salt and pepper female mini Schnauzer named Schatzie. She went everywhere with me. She took a shower with me, for crying out loud! It was an accidental love affair, as I had never wanted a Schnauzer, never been close to a Schnauzer....never even THOUGHT about a Schnauzer.

Schatzie had to be euthanized due to a genetic predisposition to bladder stones (huge ones) that could only be treated by major surgery every 8 weeks or so. We did it (the surgery) three times and finally realized we could not keep putting her thru that. It's caused from inbreeding. Schatzie came from a puppy mill to a pet shop to the first owners, then to me. I would NEVER purchase from a pet store. It just encourages more irresponsible breeding.

Edited to ask....

Do your Schnauzers have their ears cropped? Schatzie's were done when I got her, so it wasn't an issue. Jackson's are "natural" and I just can't bring myself to put him thru it. I like the traditional look of the cropped ears, however.

These pups sound just like my two. My female, Oreo (18 months old) is all hyper, jumpy and loveable. She was adopted from petfinder.com she had been dropped, twice by the same owner, he no longer wanted her and didn't want to tell the kids, so instead he told them she ran away. He is being charged with animal neglect and cruelty. She is a crazy little girl , loves to sleep under the covers and has never met a stranger, but HATES squirles, birds and rabbits. She also chases the cats. Then there is Harley, he is heavier, older just over 5, more reserved. He can be just as hyper, and crazy but is much less trusting. He was also neglected, and also abused. He hates the groomer, but allows me to bathe and clean him. He is forever loyal, and I believe would die to protect any of my family. He is my barker, hates the mailman, people walking on our street, and basically anyone that is outside of our house. He is also very protective of our car, when we go for rides. If someone walkes by the car in a parking lot, he is all upset and ready to defend the car and his humans. Seems they are extreme opposites, they are my little yen and yang. ~Mandy