Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Morning gals. Wow, I figuured it would be quiet yesterday... and 2 full pages.

Sounds like everyone had a nice day, some a little dysfunctional but what family doesn't have a little dysfunction??? LOL

Gina -

girlfriend... stay on with us. This wonderful group of people have helped me through the same thing the last month including my dr refusing to give me a fill.

Well, dd got her computer, desk and chair, ds got a toy laptop he loves, portable dvd player some games, lots of Lightning McQueen stuff including a Mater remote control thing he loves and won't put down. He woke me up this morning when he was jumping all over the house chasing it with mom. they were cracking me up.

Me... well, I got a new shower curtin rod and curtin for my bathtub (I don't have one there because I took the shower out and put in a deeper tub w/jets a couple years ago) a pillow speaker for my mp3, a twisting stair stepper, $100 to JC penny and $25 movie gift card - and 2 $25 wallyworld cards. And because i was so sad about my cat, and then cried my eyes out seeing my gram in the nursing home. I got sooooooooooo drunk... but ... hey at least instead of high sugar/cal juice I mixed my grape vodka with rasp ice crystal light... MMMMMMMMMM tasted like grape koolade.

I'm going to shower - do a little running - and come put together the computer desk and computer for dd. they are going to my sisters to make gingerbread houses that they have tried to do several times now

Good Morning Violets~

WOW...I slept until 7:45! Gotta love those muscle relaxers! I had the coolest dream and I can't tell Susanne...so I am telling ya'll! Justin Timberlake (my boyfriend, he just doesn't know it) was at my school for a performance (yeah right) and I went up to him...started talking to him...and kissed him!!! and (close your eyes Judy) had hot hot sex w/ him!!!!!!:faint: Just as the good stuff was happening, Susanne called (she left here at 2am) but I told myself to not move and keep dreaming...and it worked! I loved that dream! Now, I've had hot hot sex w/ Bill Clinton 2x and Justin 1x(hope there is a sequel). HEHE...dont tell anyone K? (she says as she is posting it on the internet, lol)

TracyK~Purple power for the move today! I was thinking of you this am...hope it goes smoothly!

TracyKS~Got a TV in the office? Disney Channel? Hang in there.

Michelle~I know those words! I was soooo freakin pissed yesterday. I have not been able to eat much at all and weighed yesterday...guess what...you got it....2FREAKIN50! I swear. My MIL said, "you better eat something, you have not had much food since I've been here." Yet that damn scale wont move. I thought it was stuck so I asked Susanne to weigh, no...hers said 163.

Gonna post this now so I don't lose it, then I'll write more.

OK lets see...I got: $50 to Bed bath and Beyond, 50 to my fav resturaunt, nice casual jogging suit, set of 7 xmas movies (fav), chocolates, body washes and creams, shot glass holder (I needed one, my other one is full) and still have to get w/ my brother, oh yeah, and this great couch I am sitting on. I had a wonderful holiday w/ family. The Meet the Falkers went well. It was nice to just relax and visit.

On Monday, the inlaws and Susanne went to town on the garage. I have a guy coming today or tomorrow to start a $2000.00 job in our garage. My house is old (1972) and the garage is unfinished. He is gonna put up drywall and remove some old wood fixtures. Well I went to doctor and to the cemetary on MOnday and the 3 of them went nuts cleaning everything out. When I came home, I cleaned out about 8 trunks that my mom had. I mean, I was throwing away my work from 1st grade, my brothers report card crap, etc. I made my brother 2 trunks, and I kept 2 (of our baby stuff, etc) and the rest is garbage. I prayed that my mom was with me and that I didn't throw anything away in haste. Either way...the garage is clean. Here is the kicker...I wore a tank top and shorts! It was 72 degrees and beautiful! We worked all day...w/o eating...just nibbled on chips etc. We were all filthy so about 4:30 all came in, took showers, ate schnitzle (traditional Xmas dinner) (I was able to eat that...very slowly). I opened a bottle of wine and we finished that! Needless to say...no church for us. It was a long long day, but we got so much done...and I really needed help.

Today is my only day to chill! Susanne had to drive home to work, but will be back tomorrow. I think bro and the kids are coming tomorrow! Plus the cleaning lady comes tomorrow so I have to be out of the house doing stuff at 7am.

Off to play scrabble!

xoxoxo

256lbs for 2 days solid. WOOT. I'm almost to the 240's yaaay. My weight loss is pretty steady lately.. shouldn't say that, watch me jinx myself!

Went to inlaws last night.. they got us a george foreman, a fairy trinket, DH got some clothes.. then they tried to give us $200 and DH wouldn't let them. She made ham with mushroom casserole(wow this was awesome.. no one in my fam likes mushrooms so I never have had fun mushroom dishes..got the recipe, going to make it for a full meal sometime), asparagus, coleslaw, and sweet potatos. I took a little bit of everything to be nice.. mushrooms ended up being so good, before I moved onto anything else I got a normal size spoon of it. I ate that, and had no room for anything else. Then it hit me.. the nausea. I don't know why I get this.. does anyone else???? I don't see people talk about it :) It's like I have the flu all of a sudden. So I couldn't excuse myself, had to bee-line to the bathroom. Threw up.. came back and the rest of the night was uneventful. They gave me a glass of wine, and as we walked out the door I had only had a sip of it. So not to waste, I downed the glass of wine really quick. Woo. I had a nice little buzz for the first 30m of our drive home. We had xmas b'fast with moms family yesterday morning. I knew better, I really did. They were making grits, eggs, sausage and bacon. The sausage looked so yum.. I took a piece, ate it slow.. but at 10am I can't do solids, much less hard solids. I was spitting that up for a while. All in all things went good. Hope everyone else's went good.

And I think it was Denise? Who got all that perfume for xmas! Wowser.

Go Laura!

I am happy, i was holding 210 again today, 3lbs left to my lowest - at least it is still going down and not up so I'll get there this week. so stressed I can't eat much anyway.

I am going on a little adventure to get a couple of things done and put gas in my car... have a good day all

DH just called to say that he is going home sick (we all have caught SOMETHING) and he is stopping by to pick Robby up... about an hour ago I met my sister half way between our towns.. she was saving my sanity by keeping him for the afternoon......... so now DH is picking him up already..... My head is stuffed, DH has the big D, but no sinus.. and Robby has green snot........ we are a lovely bunch! :)

I did get my payroll submitted.. so that is good... now on to the next task.

Congrats everyone on getting through Christmas!

DH and I had a talk... we both think I'm a tad too tight... so maybe I shouldn't of gotten that .3 cc fill..........

I had a small amount of mashed potatoes and brown gravey yesterday............ a couple chocholate covered ritz crackers, and that was it for food..... except a piece of cherry pie that didn't really work... it's almost like some things are too rich...

Kind of like, when I've been really good on a Low Carb plan for a long time and then I get sick if I eat something too sugary.

I don't know... I'm going to really try and pay attention to what I'm eating and how fast and then evaluate if I need a small unfill..... (but dang it I WANT ONEDERLAND!!!!!!)

I eat crackers because they go down.... and soup..... but like right now.. I've had nothing to eat and I'm really not overly hungry.. and I really don't want to pb.. still kinda freaked over the meat ball incident.

For Christmas, I got some clothes that I bought and wrapped , and put under the tree...... a couple of the sweaters are too tight yet. The one thing I did get suprised on was.. a pretty circle necklace from Helzburg.... it has teeny tiny diamonds on it, but it is so pretty and was a complete suprise........

I said it before....... the best Christmas present is that Robby has been adopted by Charles..... he is safe.

The wedding invitations arrived in the mail! Guess its time to start thinking about it again. :)

Well Violet Sisters, I had to pat us all on the back.. Our year in review..

We all got the band in April.

We had losses.

We had gains.

We had spouse issues.

We had children issues.

We had in-law problems.

We had parental problems.

We had financial woes.

We had work woes.

We made it to the half-way mark.

We made it past that.

We made new resolutions.

We conquered.

We failed.

We loved.

We lost.

We gave up hope.

Then we kicked each other in the pants and got back on the horse.

We made it here.

We got through Thanksgiving.

We made it through Christmas.

We PB'd.

And above all, we're still going!!

So good luck on the New Year, go us!! :whoo::clap2:

Welcome Ana!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys make me giggle. Thanks for that.

Yesterday while just walking through the kitchen a slice of pie jumped in my mouth, blind sighted me in the left cheek.

But after reading this morning I'm back on the wagon. I even have a sugar headache still....... I'll be throwing myself feet of Dr. Lopez next month looking for the perfect fill but till then YEP I measuring food real close too.

have a groovy day.

Laura, love the list!!! You are so true about everything!!! I like what Judy added also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tracy I hope your move goes smoothly!!! I feel so sorry for you today!!!

TracyKS I hope your day and nose gets better!!!!!

Well I am off to lounge again!!

Jane

Wanted to share the mushroom casserole with you guys. It was so good, I was blown away. Like I said, never had a 'mushroom dish' before, so wowee. She made some adjustments and I plan to do the same.

Sautee 1 cup of diced onion.

In a bowl combine 2tbsp of cornstarch, 2c of beef bouillion, 1 tsp of marjoram.

Add this mixture to 3c of sliced fresh mushrooms. Pour it all into the diced onion on the stove. Stir and cook until the sauce thickens.

Remove from heat & add 2tbsp of parsley and 1tbsp of parmesian cheese (I omit this cheese, not a fan of parmesian).

Then she topped it with a cracker crumb crust. Another thing I plan to omit. Recipe calls for saltines, and I don't like saltines.. and I didn't like the cracker texture in the casserole. I ate from underneath the crust MMMMMM.

Bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

So I plan to make this and serve it as a 'soup'.

If you like mushrooms, you'll love this!!