Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Laura, I've got to join the chorus--you look so gorgeous now! I can't wait to see updated photos now that you've gone through port revision. Wowee!

TracyK, sending positive vibes to you AND your scale for tomorrow morning!

Nancy and Ana, welcome to a wonderfully supportive group of lapband friends. I was the newbie until you two came along, and it's good to welcome two more to the fold.

A Christmas story compliments of my only niece: Her Christmas was made as soon as she got into her stocking and saw the Pez candy dispenser. She was ECSTACTIC! Nothing else Santa brought thrilled her more. At least at 5.5 years old she's beyond playing with the boxes that her Santa gifts came in. :-)

My day has been fairly quiet--washed a few load of clothes and hubby came back from the cabin in the mountains. I missed him. Dachshunds are great, but a partner is the real deal.

To all, happy after-Christmas sales shopping with all the gift cards.

Cindy

Don't know what the issue was with the package Jane....it has several postmarks on it though!!! It showed you mailing it from Saint Louis on the 11th, then it had 2 postmark stamps from Houston....I couldn't make out the date, they were stamped over one another. It is pretty common for packages to arrive separately...keeping in mind this is a small town, and they drive the routes. There are a lot of NBU's, so it is not uncommon for a truck to do nothing but package delivery.

Love it!!

Lookin' good Laura.

Glad you are home once again TracyK, what a relief to have the worst of it behind you!

Will check back in a little while, I cannot log on to my email, going to go try to figure it out.

Kat

Wooooooo Hoooooooooooooo, Laura.. you're looking GREAT!!!

Just got in from the hot tub and my exercises there. Ethan comes again tomorrow so I'm going to head to bed to rest up. DIL apologized for not being here Christmas Eve, but I don't believe her excuse and she could have called. No excuse for not doing that. But I just grin and bear it and I'm happy as long as I have Ethan. Gave Joe a bunch of the Bobster's old sweaters.. size XXLT. I also gave him a ton of stew that was left over from Christmas day. I couldn't get the meat down this afternoon for lunch so no need to keep it just to eat all the carbs in the potatoes. The Bobster and I went to Applebees for supper. We split a rib eye with a baked potato and creamed spinach. I didn't have much meat, but did eat the 1/2 baked potato and about 1/4 C of the spinach. Tomorrow we are going out to a birthday party open house for one of the pastors in town. Should be interesting as they will have lots of fancy foods. Course since it's an open house, I really don't have to eat any of it. Not like it's a sit down meal and everyone is watching. We'll see how it goes. Just have to remember WWJD?!

Everyone have a great evening. TracyK.. sleep well, I know you must be exhausted.

Cindy.. we get our kids Pez candy dispensers for every Christmas for their stockings. It's a tradition in our family and even though the kids are grown, they still look for their Pez and the candy cane rod in their stocking.

nighters, everyone!! Patience, Trust, Purple Power, WWJD??!!

Good morning violets-

Well...I lost a pound. Not bad considering most regular folks gain over the holidays. I am very relieved!!

When the alarm went off this mrning I said "oh you have got to be joking...."

Laura-Love the B&A. You lok GREAT!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Up and at it this morning. Don't forget it CTCD. And I need it. Actually I need to throw the CRAP out. Get it out of the house. I'm gonna work on getting my Water in early today.

On my way to WallyWorld to pick up a few essentials. I like to do that early in the morning so I miss the crouds. They are calling for snow again tonight, so I might pick up stuff for chili.

Several years ago I was at the grocery store and was standing at the deli getting some lunch meat. There was a lady pushing a cart with a little girl in it and she hollered real loud, "Mommy, look at that fat lady". Well you know what happens when that happens. Everyone automatically looks. And everyone was looking right at me. I could have died and it only got worse after that. The lady insisted on having her little girl apologize. This intailed her pushing her cart over to where I was standing and forcing her little girl to say she was sorry. The little girl was screaming at the top of her lungs saying "No, don't make me". Of course this calls for more stares and whisperings. I kept telling the lady to just drop it and leave me alone and she kept insisting the little girl apologize. I had fianally had enough of it and just walked away. Left me cart and all right there. The lady getting my deli meat was trying to give me my package and I just left it on the counter. The lady was still trying to follow me with this screaming kid. It was a total nightmare. I finally walked out of the store and sat in my car till the lady left. For some reason this popped into me head yesterday and I can't seem to get it out of my head. It keeps haunting me. One thing I do know is that I haven't had anybody say anything or even stare at me in such a long time. Oh, I'm sure there are probably a few who still whisper or snicker behind my back. But I just keep reminding myself that "I LOVE MY BAND". Someday I will be a somewhat normal size person.

Sorry to have dumped that on you. It's jsut for some reason it pooped into my head. Maybe now it will leave since I have told you about it.

Everyone have a great day and don't forget your water and it's CTCD.

Group Hug :)

Suzie~ I hate that lady for you. I can't believe anyone would be so freakin stupid or mean. Actually, that lady is mean and is raising a little freakin idiot. I know this was a long time ago...but I am sorry this happened to you. That story just pissed me off. :eek::girl_hug:

TracyK~ are you working today? That is just wrong honey. Thanks for mentioning my dream...it was crazy (crazy good I mean). Hang in there...if you are working...it is already Thursday!

Laura~You look great honey...good for you!

Busy day here. My lady comes at 7am...going to take Sus out to Breakfast, then the guy will be here to work. Then at 2, my SIL is bringing the kids over to get their presents. She moved out on the first of Dec. from bros house. It is all very complicated. She cheated on him in July, and he tried, but couldn't get over it. So there is lots of tension...I just wanna give the gifts. Ok...gotta run...have a great day!

xoxox

Suzie: OH HUN... that is horrible, but I would bet all of us have had nearly the same incident at some point, and you are right..... YOU WILL NEVER BE THAT WOMAN AGAIN! I would imagine that with your attitude right now faced with the same situation, you might react differently....... you might even smile and wink and say...... "Yes, but I'm working on it!"

Laura: You are such a stunner........... by the time you get to 199 you'll be so hot you can't stand yourself! :eek:

OK.............. the scale was a hateful hateful thing this morning........ I stepped on it like I always do, first thing... naked after I pee......... and the "square glass of truth" read 199.2 lbs!!!!!!!! I was so stinking happy I got off to go fetch my camera..... but sadly when I stepped back on........ it read 201.2!!!!!!!!!! p.o'd I got off and on again........... 201.2! (insert cuss words here) but I'm close.......

Everyone have a great CTCD! I'm going to TRY and drink Water today!

Morning gals

just a quick check in. got a couple of surprise visitors.... TOM came first last night... Lucky me, but hopefully that last 2 lbs will be gone. and my friend Annete from ME popped in last night and is coming over for coffee in a few. We were going to visit her in August, she was here over the summer and we went to Six Flags with us, and she wanted us to go see her so badly but was having a big problem with her girlfriend and it was a big mess, well we didn't hear from her because she went back home after the summer trip, broke up with the girlfriend, moved out and then ended up moving back in because her name is on the mtg and she couldn't get one already carrying the 1 mortgage. Poor thing, she is the nicest person I know. (that is the very short version. LOL) So she is working on getting the house out of her name and when she does really wants us to come visit. She is mile off the ocean... cold Water but still nice.

Anyway... a happy ending story. LOL

Well, I'm going to have a cup of coffee before annette gets here so i am normal.

Hope you all have a good morning

Cindy, that is horrible. People just don't have a clue... how about a quiet i'm sorry and leave it alone like you asked. People are insane!

Tracyks - CONGRATS!!!!! Usually when that happens to me within a day or 2 the lower number is it. I have to catch up... you gals are blowing me away

Holy Crap Laura....

you are freaking amazing. If I looked that good I would be so happy

Good Morning, Violets..

I've been up for a bit, showered and dressed, one load of laundry done and taken Jetta out for her morning constitutional. I have a nail appointment at 11 and Ethan coming at 1.

Suzie.. so sorry to hear about your encounter with the idiot mom. Kids can be brutally honest, but it was the mom that was prolonging the incident. BUT the good news is, it will never happen again and maybe, just maybe that child is going to think before she opens her mouth again.

Tracy.. you WILL be 199 by New Years.. guaranteed! Just keep getting your Water in.. mine is freezing as we speak. 10 more minutes and I can get it out and start drinking. I had a half english muffin with Peanut Butter and mango jam for breakfast and it took a half hour to get it down and I was still uncomfortable, but it sure tasted good!!!

Jennifur.. enjoy your time with your friend!!

Pamela.. hope your back is better and enjoy the kids today.

TracyK.. congrats on the -1#!! Sorry you had to head to work today, but like Pamela says, it's Thursday already!

going to go get my Crystal Light and get my hair curled and make up on for the day. Everyone have a good one!!! Make wise choice and drink, drink, drink that water!!!

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Sorry to have been gone so long! I've missed you all!

OY! My house has suddenly gotten so small! The kids are here and Hannah has been displaced from her bedroom because of Mom. They are trying to share the bedroom but Hannah is such a typical teenager with clothes and shoes EVERYWHERE!...and now, of course, Xmas gifts spread out all over the house, too. Mom's various contraptions and medications, walkers, etc. Kids have to trade off sleepiing on the couch. 5 people all on different sleepiing/eating schedules and the kitchen stays a disaster area...LOL! Oh well, I'm just going to have to accept it and just be grateful that we all have a roof over our head, heat in the furnace and food in the fridge!

The kids can't stop saying how this has been the best Christmas ever....and that is so true for them. They got all the things they wanted and so much more....they have like 5 sets of grandparents and 2 sets of parents....so they get loaded down with cash and gift cards on top of everything else. They LOVE Christmas! LOL

As for me, I got lots of wonderful things, too. My favorite was the list I gave DH....LOL...new tools and supplies for my jewelry hobby: fine silver wire, metal puncher, alphabet set for metal stamping, a fire brick, a micro-torch and an ultra-flush cutter! LOL....Doesn't that all just sound heavenly?? It is to me! Then I took some of the cash I received from Mom and bought MORE tools and supplies yesterday! I better start cranking out the stuff!

gonna post before I lose it all....