Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Me and all my humble-ness.. hah.. I'm a great gift giver. I pay attention to what people like, things they don't know where to get (I utelize E-bay and the internet).

My mom collects the Painted Ponies. She has about 30 of them in her office on a fancy shelf. Every Christmas I find one that is very fancy looking and retired. I got her Showgirl this year, has a plume of feathers on its head. She loved it.

My dad is 6'5 and probably darn near 400lbs now (I worry about him). He wears Hawaiian shirts year round, it's his signature look. He loves Tommy Bahamas.. and he has to wear Large size & Tall Size. I found a retailer on Ebay who sells Tommy Bahama 3xLT. My dad was so excited to get it, he wants to visit the shop online now to get more tall sizes from them. Made me feel good :eek:

I got DH a fancy telescope and a personalized gift card to Best Buy to pick out Xbox games.

Hum.. One thing I was disappointed.. when shopping for MIL, DH said she use to wear a smell from Bath & Body works that they stopped making. He said it was strawberry something.. but it was just a strawberry smell. So I finally find Strawberry patch (retired scent.. such a stupid concept). He said that was it! So I got her hand lotion, hand soap, and a few candles.

I expected her to be so happy to get them, since it's suppose to be her favorite scent and they retired it. But no.. she just like called out what they were so we could all know, and said "That's nice".

I got to remember his family is different from mine. Mine would gush. His brothers literally complained to his g'mas face about the things she got them. Baffles me. Anyway, so I was most excited about giving her those smelly things, and I don't think she was impressed. I think maybe DH is confused about what she liked.

Some people just don't know how to show gratitude!

I swear.......... I busted my ass looking for the boys Christmas.TWO MONTHS trying to find a deal on a DS... and NOT ONE TIME DID THEY THANK ME... it was all.......... THANKS DAD! THANKS DAD!!!!! oh well....... moms get overlooked so often. :eek:

I am on my second glass of SF orange drink (CL wannabe)

Hah, this Xmas my mom kept talking about how exciting it is when you have young kids, doing the Santa thing. Kicked in my baby fever.

I don't know if ya'll saw my other thread, trying to find out about my nausea. So I got a pregnancy test to make sure, I really would have been surprised if I was prego, I take my B/C same time every night, don't miss them, etc. Anyway, I told DH we needed to get a test and see if that's why I get nausea.. and he wasn't upset or anything, he just says "You probably are, you don't take your BC regularly".. I don't know why he thinks that!!! But then I was a little excited. I'm not prego. Baby fever, boo.

I'm back on track with eating good. OJ for b'fast, and we went to Taco Hell for lunch.. It is times like that I appreciate my band. DH got a combo meal + crunchy gordita + meximelt. That's like a month of food for me lol. I saw him take a big bite of something and I said "There's my meal". I got an order of pinto & cheese, and nacho & cheese. Not that hungry, so ended up not touching the nachos.. figured I'd go for the Protein. Ate about 3 bites with fire sauce and I was done. <3 band..need to give it a name. I think mine's a girl, she's fickle and demanding.

Oh oh and we got a new press at work, that allows us to have 24 hour turn times (actually DELIVERED anywhere in the US within 24 hours from the order). Very exciting for us.

I'm going to Jenns house and holding open the garage door, I just shoveled our walk--we need her snow blower!!!

The most giving gift, and the one I secretly wonder about--is a secret, it was done anonymously, hoping to help out a family we know to be in need. I imagine what they thought, and what they did. Hope it was good!

The one I know about that gave me the most joy was my grandson! We use 4 wheelers on the farm to go move cattle etc. The house sits in the middle of a loop, where we can drive around, then there are 4 rentals situated around the loop. Then another rental down our road, and my son in the rear of the land. All privately owned by family---so we will put him on the 4 wheeler with us, and go around the loop. It is the highlight of his day! He sees us go out to it, and he screeches to go. So for Christmas we got him a battery powered ride on toddler size 4 wheeler! He could not contain himself, he was so excited! He was trying to get on it, while they were putting the finishing touches on it, and installing the battery. He has officially made his parents crazy running into things, but he is on it from the second he gets up til the second the pry him off!!! If nothing else we bought anyone else hit home....this one did!!!

Back to shovel some more!!!

Kat

Kat

The most giving gift, and the one I secretly wonder about--is a secret, it was done anonymously, hoping to help out a family we know to be in need. I imagine what they thought, and what they did. Hope it was good!

I think that is awesome Kat!! What a wonderful thing to do! Do you still have my address? We can be the "family in need" next Christmas :rolleyes:

My back is killing me today from all the moving. Ugh...I just can not imagine weighing 85 pounds more and trying to do what I just did over the past week or so. I would probably be in the hospital!

YAY...tomorrow is Friday.

Tracy....can you taste onederland? Keep you camera by your scale in arms reach! GO GIRL!

I want to do personals to everyone but I am just really hurting...I will write more tomorrow. ((((hugs))))

Hey Vi's just checking in before I finish dinner and go to bed.

We went to 2 malls today checking sizing of Coldwater Creek so I could get that coat they have 50% off online.. ends up in person I didn't like it very much. Mom told me to check out J Jill too, so I did. I go there, and they have a WONDERFUL leather coat, I can't describe it with justice. $399! GAH. I never buy expensive clothes. It's on sale for $219, but they don't carry their plus sizes at this store. So I just ordered it online, still $249 after taxes & shipping. The most I've ever paid for clothes, I'm going to wear it everyday to make up for it lol.

We also went to Steve & Barry's. I heard someone on LBT mention it before.. our store is having a liquidation sale, everything is $8. The store was SO picked apart. I didn't see plus sizes like someone said they had.. it's Sarah Jessica Parker's 'Bitten' line. But, I found 2 XL shirts and 1 XXL shirt, and thought.. for 8 bucks, I'll see how they fit. 1 of the XL was actually a little big on me, her sizing is confusing!!! The other XL fit decent.. and the XXL was too small. HUH?! I don't get it.. but hey, 24 bucks and I will grow into the XXL hehe.

I'm making MIL's mushroom casserole (without the crust) and 1/4c of Lloyd's BBQ for dinner. In case you guys missed the thread, the pre-cooked Lloyd's BBQ (It's another brand in other parts of country, forget what) is 70c for 1/4c and 7g of protein! And that stuff tastes awesome. I stocked up on 5 buckets tonight lol. I got the Honey BBQ, Hickory BBQ, and Original.

Threw out my stocking candy! TTYL

Throwing out the stocking candy was a super victory for you, Laura!! Way da go, woman!!!! I'm proud of you!!

We went to the open house tonight and I had one slice of summer sausage. I'm guessing it was the size of a very small potato chip. Other than that........... NOTHING.. I ate NOTHING!! AND I even sat by the dessert table most of the evening. There was a pumkin roll, cheesecake and a huge chocolate cake. I kept looking at my Bracelet and also at my minister's wife who used to be quite slender, but she has put on about 50# and she had a piece of cake AND a slice of cheesecake. As I sat there with my legs crossed realizing that she would not be able to cross her legs, I felt empowered. Bless that little band!!!

We're under a winter storm watch for tomorrow afternoon and evening. They are saying about 6 inches of new snow. It will be nice to have some fresh snow on the icy stuff that is there now.

I'm headed to the hot tub and then to bed to read for awhile. Everyone have a good evening.. sleep well!!

Kat.. I have to take my digital picture frame back. It won't do a slideshow and tech support has had a busy signal for 2 days now. HOpe yours works better than mine!!

Laura - Congrats on throwing out your candy! I wish I could manage the same.

I PB everything solid now. Can a person live on oatmeal, cottage cheese, ice cream, M&M's and enchiladas? :rolleyes:

It is official, however, that I didn't gain anything...still 182-184. This is getting soooooooooo old. I realize, of course, that my weight loss came to a screeching halt when the exercise did. Wow. Who'da guessed that?

Just lost my damn post!

Terry~ so good to see you posting again. I've missed you bunches and am glad your back.

I am getting a slight unfill tomorrow. Can't stand eating cottage cheese, oatmeal or mash pot's. I can't live on soft food forever...and I can't continue to PB every freakin day anytime I eat real food. I will need my violets and tons of willpower...but I have faith.

New challenge: NAME YOUR BAND. I'll need to think on it for awhile.

I drink 3-4 16.9 oz of Water a day...most days. I usually get in at least 2. I use Crystal Light Peach Iced tea (oooo sooo good). I use 1/2 in one bottle. I have not had soda since Mar 23, 07...don't miss it much. I've had a sip or two of friends, but that is it. I can't believe how much I loved Diet Coke!

Gonna post quickly...bbl

hi gals

just checking in real quick... will post more in the am, i'm tired... garage door is fixed... thank goodness my stepmom's landlord likes me and cut me a deal (he own's a an overhead door company) works better than ever so I'm ready for snow!

Laura - Congrats on throwing out your candy! I wish I could manage the same.

I PB everything solid now. Can a person live on oatmeal, cottage cheese, ice cream, M&M's and enchiladas? :rolleyes:

I think you can't live on cottage cheese, everything else is fine, although I really did have to think on the oatmeal!!

I'm off to bed too, then to Albq. tomorrow, provided the road is open. Through the mountains it is pretty rough the news said. Will check in the morning, then leave about 7:30. I ask my friend to keep Kinsey, I cannot take her on the dangerous roads----as adults we will make the choice---she cannot, and I could never forgive myself if something happen to her!

My DH named my band Billy back when I first got it. When our son would get full of himself Rick referred to him as Billy Badass! So he calls my band Billy Bandass.

He calls Kinsey Paula----Paula Punk. And if she is whiny he calls her a Sally...and tells her Crybaby Sally sittin in the Alley, and she giggles, and the mood passes!!! But if we are in the store, and she hears a kid whine or cry, she tells me, I hear a Sally!

My SIL (the one without kids yet!) is concerned she won't know her real name!

With all the things he calls people, it is amazing any of us know our name!!!

Good job with the candy Laura---enjoy your new clothes, I am going to Old Navy for some new pants while I am in Albq. I really want to buy another pair of comfy 14's in the style I have now, but will buy them in a 12 as incentive for the resolution to get it in gear again!!!

My brother bought us a topper for our bed, it is not down, but a down alternative. It adds like 6 inches to the height of the bed, which was not short to begin with--and it feels like a marshmallow now. I think I like it---except it just looks messy when I make the bed....withholding judgement for now.

Judy I have not taken my frame out of the box even! Rick opened the GPS tonight, I have not touched any of it!

Well I am off to bed--everyone sleep well! Will try to look in in the morning before I leave, if not see ya tomorrow night!!

(((hugs)))

Kat

Good Morning! NO Onederland today....... scale bounced back up to 202 grrrrrrrrrr (I had the camera sitting on the bathroom sink ready to go) JINX

I did eat more yesterday than I have been... so actually I think I won't get an unfill.

We got about 2 inches of fresh snow and its still snowing...... my truck (even in 4wheel slid through two stop lights, because there is a nice ice layer under the snow) the lights in question are both on the middle of a hill and I was on the down hill slide..... this is the most snow we've had in years so the city was not ready. Its Friday and we pick up the boys tonight.... the house is a huge mess because I have done nothing but come home from work, fix dinner, give Robby his bath and then go to bed by 8:00 p.m. (I have a head cold, and the meds knock me out for the night)

Have a great day!