Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Janie~ Back is a bit better. But after walking around Lowes for an hour (that hard concrete floor) I started getting really sore. So the guy is gone for a few hours, but should be back later. I am laying on the couch for the rest of the day! Thanks for asking...

ttfn

First time in 2 days that I turned the computer on. Had my hands full and was just to busy to check in. But here I am.

Sounds like everyone had a great Christmas. Mine was spent trying to make the holiday a nice day for some ungrateful nephews and a niece and I am proud to say that they didn't disappoint me. Only one showed up and the others didn't even bother to call to tell me they weren't coming over. My cousins that were supposed to come over didn't. They however did call and they had a very good excuse. My Aunt had emergency surgery the night before last. She had a hernia that strangled her lower intestine. She got out of surgery at 3:30 in the morning. I drove over Christmas day and spent time with her. She actually slept the whole time but that was ok. She needed to sleep for her body to heal. She would wake every now and than to check to see if I was still there. Keep your fingers crossed that they will be able to undo the colostemy.

Anyway, even with the kids pulling their little stunt we did have a very nice Christmas. Ate too much but managed to get my exercising in.

I'm thinking of starting something new. Tell me what you think. I'm thinking of keeping a running daily list of everyone here. On this list I will keep track of everyone's Water intake. I will be the "Official Water Patrol". I'm not quite sure how I will do this. I was once told that we should get half our weight in ounces of water. But some of that will come from food that we eat. Maybe each of you will have to set your water take amount and let me know. I need to keep better track of my water and thought this might be a good way of doing it. Let me know what you think.

Saw my boss this morning and she is going to turn over the key to the door to me next week. My first full day by myself in next Friday the 4th. I'm pretty excited about it.

Everyone have a great day and welcome to the newbies.

I am horrible about drinking my water...............

as a matter of fact the day has gotten away from me and I've had two cups of coffee and a few wheat thins........ AND THAT IS IT............. I am a bit hungry now that I typed it out.. but otherwise... I TOTALLY FORGOT..... weird.....

I LOVE MY BAND!

I fill my two DeJa Blue bottles each night.. put two in the freezer in the morning, take them out 1 hour after Breakfast, drink one and put the other in the fridge for after supper. There is rarely a day I don't get my 2 quarts, 3 oz. of Water in. I LOVE my Crystal light lemonade, raspberry lemonade slushie mix. And Michelle.. the SS gift is being chug a lugged as I type!!

I am emberassed to admit, my Water consumption went to crap the past week or so.

I have been craving Ginger Ale like crazy, it's lower in calorie than most cokes, and due to the carbonation and I guess my restriction, I can only drink about 4 sips a day.. but I bought a case to keep in the house. Only drank 1/2 of one in the past 2 weeks. But.. also got the one-serving cartons of OJ.. 1/2 jug of apple cider from Cracker Barrell.. and a Milo's Unsweet tea jug.

I was going through bottled water like nuts.. now I have 3 cases and put a SMALL dent in it.. been grabbing all the wrong drinks. I know the solution GET IT OUT OF MY HOUSE. I can't help myself if it's there. Oh well, when it runs out, I won't buy more cider or OJ. I see I can't control me..duh.

But I did buy a 2% milk carton & a bottle of water at work today.. Drank 3/4 of the milk carton and I've drank 1/2 the bottle of water so far. I'm trying to sip more, I need to get that water in. Hopefully, after the New Year I'll be back in the swing of water.

Water is the only thing I do right as far a dieting goes. I don't like soda, the bubbles do me in, and I hate drinking my calories!! If I am going to put something in my mouth I want to enjoy it, not just swallow it!!! So I drink black coffee and ice water. I have a insulated mug from the hospital at my station at work and drink at least two a day there, plus what I drink at home and away. I think that is a great idea, because I do know that it is a problem for many people!!! I think another thing you could do Susie is come knock on my door and make me get up and exercising in the morning!!!! That would be great!!!!!

I am rambling again, sorry!!!

Jane

Oh Jaaaaaane-----are ya here? Jaaaaaaaane----guess whaat???!! I got my box, and I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It arrived this morning--not with my regular mail, so they left it on the porch and the neighbor I told you about, called my cell to let me know. I had them take it in, and picked it up from them when I got home a little bit ago!

What a great Secret Santa you are!! I feel spoiled in preparation for pampering!!! I got this really cute metal mesh sleigh---which will reappear each Christmas from here on! In it was all kind of goodies! There was a set of RUSK Shampoo and conditioner....a trio from Bath & Body Works in the Sweet Pea scent---lotion, bath wash & body spray, all in this suede and sheepskin holder. Some things for a pedicure (and I can actually do that now----for years it was torture just trimming my toenails, now it is easy!!) There is lavender foot soak, and scrub, and one of those callous shaver thingies, and a bath pouf (all purple of course!) and a lavender & citrus candle...goign to burn it on the side of the tub while I soak!! And she is such a sweetie, there was another gift included...something for Kinsey! I don't know what it is yet, going to let her open it tomorrow. Is that not special or what??? I am going to take a picture, but will wait til Kins opens hers and get a picture of both!

Thank you so much Jane, it is all wonderful! I will think of you each time I use them! It was soooooo worth being late if that is what it took to talk to you!!! I was going to do a Michelle and give you a call, but was afraid of catching you at work---and did not want to wait!!!

Thanks again!!! You made me feel very special with your note as well! (((((hugs)))))

Oh yes! And it WAS shrink wrapped, and survived the trip in tact, and was beautiful with a gorgeous bow on it---I agree with her family, she IS the shrink wrap queen!!!

Kat

Oh Jaaaaaane-----are ya here? Jaaaaaaaane----guess whaat???!! I got my box, and I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It arrived this morning--not with my regular mail, so they left it on the porch and the neighbor I told you about, called my cell to let me know. I had them take it in, and picked it up from them when I got home a little bit ago!

What a great Secret Santa you are!! I feel spoiled in preparation for pampering!!! I got this really cute metal mesh sleigh---which will reappear each Christmas from here on! In it was all kind of goodies! There was a set of RUSK Shampoo and conditioner....a trio from Bath & Body Works in the Sweet Pea scent---lotion, bath wash & body spray, all in this suede and sheepskin holder. Some things for a pedicure (and I can actually do that now----for years it was torture just trimming my toenails, now it is easy!!) There is lavender foot soak, and scrub, and one of those callous shaver thingies, and a bath pouf (all purple of course!) and a lavender & citrus candle...goign to burn it on the side of the tub while I soak!! And she is such a sweetie, there was another gift included...something for Kinsey! I don't know what it is yet, going to let her open it tomorrow. Is that not special or what??? I am going to take a picture, but will wait til Kins opens hers and get a picture of both!

Thank you so much Jane, it is all wonderful! I will think of you each time I use them! It was soooooo worth being late if that is what it took to talk to you!!! I was going to do a Michelle and give you a call, but was afraid of catching you at work---and did not want to wait!!!

Thanks again!!! You made me feel very special with your note as well! (((((hugs)))))

Oh yes! And it WAS shrink wrapped, and survived the trip in tact, and was beautiful with a gorgeous bow on it---I agree with her family, she IS the shrink wrap queen!!!

Kat

Hi guys

just checking in... so very tired, I am just mentally exhausted... my crazy garage door opener is now not working.... what else...

next week is it!

So a friend works at an airline and she is going to put in a good word for me, if they hire me i will have 2 weeks of intense training... guess where ladies... Huston TX..... and you all know I won't fly so I'll have a car... keep your fingers crossed

Hi guys

just checking in... so very tired, I am just mentally exhausted... my crazy garage door opener is now not working.... what else...

next week is it!

So a friend works at an airline and she is going to put in a good word for me, if they hire me i will have 2 weeks of intense training... guess where ladies... Huston TX..... and you all know I won't fly so I'll have a car... keep your fingers crossed

Kat, I am so glad you finally got your gift!!!!! Don't know what took so long, I wonder if the post office accidently forgot to deliver it since it arrived sep.? What ever I am so glad you finally got it. I was so worried!! Enjoy!!!!

Jane

YEEESH....am i tired or what?! We are all moved in. No, the boxes are ot all unpacked but at least they are here. Macy will be at my sisters house this weekend so I plan on taking it slow & steady. I need to go thoroughly clean the empty house> YUCK!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes for the move. It rained the whole time....figures. But it all ended up OK. I finally get to weigh tomorrow and quite frankly I am SCARED to death! I have not stepped on a scale since the 16th.

Pamela-your dream cracked me up!!!!

Goodnight all.....wish I did not have to work tomorrow!!

OMG...... Laura.

What a difference. You were beautiful before and now you are stunning. You must be very proud of yourself. Keep up the good work girl.