Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Ok, So who is the resident idiot? I am. Big time.

Got up this morning and looked out the window to find just a dusting of snow on the ground. Ain't nothing going to stop me from going to the Y to swim. So I called my sis and told her we were going. Pulled out of the garage and realized we had gotten more snow than I had thought. Nothing stopping me. So off we go. Made it around the corners with no problem. Got all the way there and all was well. Tried to pull thru the child drop-off and there was were the trouble started. Sis kept telling me to just go home. Nothing stopping me. After 3 tries I gave up that attempt and decided to just go thru the parking lot. Took 2 tries to get up the hill, just kept pushing it. Finally got to the top of the parking lot and just had to park. I told you, nothing stopping me. We managed to slide into a parking spot (I think it was one). Now just have to walk our way to the door. Took us about 4 minutes to walk about 50 feet. But we made it and went in to swim.

Called hubby and told him that they should not try to come because of how slippery it was. So he tells me to come home right now. Yea, right. I'm there and I'm going swimming. So by the time we got out they had ran the snow plow thru the parking lot. All's we needed to do was to get home now. Nothing like trying to do your best to drive in yucky conditions and you have some A-wipe riding your fanny. Guess I wasn't the only idiot out there. So I'm home and safe and gonna wait till later today to go execise at Curves.

Your resident idiot is now home safe and telling the hubby to shut up. I'm tired of the "What were you thinking?". Think I'll have hime clean the garage out today.

Hope everyone else is home safe. Enjoy your day.

TracyKS-- You are amazing. I can't believe you actually saw the 100's on the scale only to have it disappear. So you now have your New Year's resolution. To see that scale say it and stay there. I am so proud of you and Thank You for being such an inspiration for me and a very good role-model.

Hugs to you :):):(

What the heck is going on with this site and it's smileys?

:(:D :Banane56: :)

And my favorite one:)

Good morning violets...

I called in sick today :) (cough cough sniffle sniffle)

Truth is my body hurts from the move...I still have loads to do as well.

Name my band...hmmmm. Maybe Chuck...since that is what it makes me do all the time. LOL. I will need to think about it for a while.

Well, I need to get up and get busy. Laura-good for you chunking the candy. I gave mine away yesterday!

Have a great one violets.

Terri-so glad to see you back, we really missed you!

Off to Albq.~ not much typing, come in while my car thaws some---still have my gloves on it is -3 right now....I may have to argue with my friend Suzanne, about who the resident idiot is!!!

See ya tonight!

Kat

Good Morning All,

I can see by the time most of you are in a different time zone. lol

It's only 6:30 where I live and now it's raining so the snow is melting and will be yucky by the time I need to go out.

Suziecat- love the smilies and it might be the explanation to where they all come from! They regenerate them selfs.

Tracy Ks- I see the ones in your near future and then I hope not to be far behind.

Yesterday I cleaned out th fridge and when Bruce came in from work I fed it all to him. :) Now life can go back to normal around here. We have no kids in the house so normally it's empty and void of sugar Snacks but, not this week. I don't dare get on the scale till Sunday! But reading about all you helps so thanks for the invite.

Have a groovy day Violets.

Good Fri Morn, Vi's~~

Everyone with snow -- BE CAREFUL!!!

Ugh. I can't believe how sluggish & blech I feel! I've been eating "whatever I want" since last Sunday and I got on the scale today -- oh my! -- how come it adds up so quickly but comes off so slowly??? Yikes! And I'm all puffy... not good, not good at all!!

YET it's soooooooooooooooooooooo hard to stop once I've started!! I think that's the biggest lesson I'm learning right now! I think it's a combo of psychological AND physiological factors, but still... wow!

Even sitting here typing this, I KNOW I should bound back onto the wagon w/a few days/week of pre-op diet rules... I KNOW IT!!... but can you believe that actually part of me is rationalizing one more day of "eating" because ds & I are going out in a bit to run errands & it'd be nice for us to go out to lunch together, blah de blah... again I say, "Wow" to the addictive nature of food!!

Plus no exercise in 2 weeks...

Frightening!!

Morning gals...

just checking in... feeling like the new year is actually going to be a great one! going to pay bills today an if i don't have my support by monday mom is going to let me borrow it for a couple days so i can pay my bills with that and start the new year fresh and non stressed. I love her... makes me a little nuts because she is my mom but that is ok.

I am ending the year with Tom which means it will be gone by the 1st of the year so I can be focused and get to Onderland... 10 stinking lbs... I can do that quickly when the bloat is gone.

I have all my wonderful violet sisters...

I have my health

I have my family

I am going to get 2 new kittens

I am 70lbs lighter and have a much better outlook on life....

I am going to get a new job, where I am happy and can be home with my kids

I am going to be financially stable

I am going to lose the last 30lbs, but if I don't quiet get there, as long as I am eating healthy and exercising I will be happy

Anyone else have a new year's resolution or outlook

I want to lose 50 more pounds in the New Year, plus I am in a financial mess, and need to get it straightened out. I just need to be more financially organinzed!!

As far as eating goes I am with Michelle, it is hard to stop once started!!!! I think once Tuesday comes, no junk for me. It worked in November when I allowed myself only 4 days of sweets. I think I will do that again.

No snow or ice here, so close, but no cigar!!! Everybody be careful!!!!

Jane

T-G-I-F Violets!

Kat, Susie and Tracy, thank you for feeding my vicarious need for snow! Susie, you can tell your husband that your time on the road today was for your Violet Sister Cindy in Charleston, South Carolina! My DH has agreed to a weekend trip to a snowy area over the MLK weekend to feed my addiction. He's usually not an enabler (as you'll see later in my posting).

Glad you got home safely, Susie, and Kat, I'm hoping your drive with your dad to Alb. is a safe one, and TracyKS, sorry to hear about your cold, but forget about cleaning the house for the boys to return this evening; they'll just un-ravel all your work in 10 minutes. At least that's MY story!

Nancy, your regeneration explanation had me snorting my morning hot tea out of my nose. Too funny! And perfectly reasonable! :-)

TracyK, good for you for calling in sick today. I'm positive there are so many reasons besides being sick why God invented sick leave. Sick of work??? Sick of getting up early??? Sick of deciding what to wear??? Perhaps you all can add to my list.

Hmm...what would I name my lapband. Chuck is a great one, Tracy! And I like Billy Badass, but since my husband's name is Bill, I'd better stay away from that one and not give him (DH) any ideas. Although now that I think about it, my Bill was kinda/sorta a nag B4 the band. He'd ask: "Are you sure you want that 4th dinner roll?" My head answer was always, Duh, why'd I pick it up, put it on my plate, and butter it--just so it wouldn't feel lonely? My mouth answer: "Yes, and quit nagging me or I'll get a 5th one!" When we'd talk about it later, he would say he wasn't nagging, just trying to help. Geesh! Can anyone relate?

A day of starting to pack up Christmas today for me. My mom's tradition is to leave everything up until about March, and that always drove me crazy, so my opposite response is to have everything down and put away by December 31st. Plus, the tree looks so forlorn now without any presents under it.

And a Water question...does Decaf tea with Equal sweetener count as water? I drink about 8 or 10 cups of it a day and NO water. And like Terry, I've really seen a plateau since I stopped walking.

Happy Friday,

Cindy

I hope to reach my goal of 180lb in 2008. I think I should be able to do it. I need to start pushing myself with exercise. I think I've lost enough weight that I can do more than walking. But darn, I'm lazy!!

Suzie- Driving in snow terrifies me. We don't get snow down here.. and when I lived in Nashville (where they don't get snow either), class wasn't cancelled for a snow warning.. I go 15m to college.. no windows in the class. Halfway through class they announce school is cancelled. Woohoo! We get outside, and it's like 2ft of snow!? We don't get snow, what is this.. and it happened so quick. And since we don't get snow, no snow plowers or salt. I was shaking and bawling, and my car kept getting stuck.. one hill right in front of the school guys were outside pushing our cars up it. I was calling 911 and my mom trying to find out what to do.. I was terrified!! By time I got to the road I live on, I had seen several 18-wheelers flipped over, watched them almost flip over the overpass on the interstate, and seen myself almost get ran into a dozen times. That was the worst experience of my life, and now if it even DUSTS snow, I'm not getting out of my house. Luckily that was a fluke, and I've not had to drive in snow since. Glad you're ok!

CTCFriday for me!

58 and partly sunny here in Houston....Thank goodness!!! I wouldn't know how to act in ice and snow....much like Laura, I'm sure.

Kat, I sure hope you make it home safely!! Check in when you can!

My band's name is Bluto. No doubt about it.

T-G-I-F Violets!

TracyK, good for you for calling in sick today. I'm positive there are so many reasons besides being sick why God invented sick leave. Sick of work??? Sick of getting up early??? Sick of deciding what to wear??? Perhaps you all can add to my list.

All of the above...LOL

I sure can add to that list of "sick of" this or that.

Sick of inventory at work.

Sick of acting like I wanna be there when i really don't.

Sick of stopping to get gas to go somewhere I don't really wanna be.

Sick of watching everyone eat my candy I gave away at work.

Sick of sitting there knowing all of the things I really need to be doing (like talking to you all)

ummm, thats it for now :)

New Years goals? hmmmm, stop smoking and reach my goal weight. Oh, and maybe a new job if I do not get a raise next month :)

58 and partly sunny here in Houston....Thank goodness!!!

Boy...I can tell we are opposite sides of the greater Houston area...What sun?? LOL

Me and DH decided to get Chantix and give it a whirl. Maybe-hopefully stop smoking. We'd save thousands a year if we could quit. I left a message for my gyno asking her to Rx it for me, 3 days and no response. DH has to go to a clinic to get it, so I guess I'll just go with him.