Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Evening, Violets..

The Bobster has gone to a Pastor's retreat for the evening, so I'm batchin' it by myself here. I'm going to work on getting the laundry room cleaned out. So much junk in there I just need to weed out by packing and pitching.

Suzie... sorry to hear of your troubles. I've never had a stress test so can't tell you anything, but will be pulling for you and keeping you in my prayers.

Tracyinks.. you will be in onederland before you can say "restriction"!!

Terry.... sheeeeeeeesh woman, was that the sound of a PB you made there??

Haydee.. I had so much fun with that site last year. You and your friends look ummmmmmmm coordinated?? lol

Jennifur... hope you can get the new couch cleaned up .. I can understand how you feel and hope you find the culprit soon!

Laura...we knew you would get back to the bandster rules and be on your way back down the scale.

Janie..how did it go with the weirdo client????

TracyK and Kat and everyone else I might have missed.... how was your day today????

Gotta go work on the laundry room now.. will check back later.

TTFN!!

Suzie...never had one done. So, no first hand experience here...sorry!! Remember we are all here for you!

Tracy-youll be kicking down the door to onederland in NO time!!

Michelle-congrats on your -65 and bandiversary!! wooohooo!!:clap2:

Jennifur-I know the feeling, the first night we had our new leather sofa...our cat decided to jump on top of the back of it, realized he had not jumped high enough and used his toenails for traction sliding all the way down....ARGH!!

Hi Laura, Haydee, Terri, Kat, Judy, Pamela, Janie, Denise and all of you other wonderful violets I may have forgotten!!

I wanted to have tomorrow off so I go in my boss' office and said MY...you sure look nice today and he bursted out laughing and said what do YOU want? LOL Sooooo, needless to say, flattery gets you everywhere, so I am off tomorrow:biggrin1:. I am going christmas shopping. I have not bought anything yet! DD is going away to my moms and my sisters for the weekend. The goal is to get everything for christmas while she is gone!

Hmmm, can't think of anything else to say....but if it is like normal, I will hit "submit" and then think of something I was going to say!

Have a great night everyone!

Well I feel better, and my weirdo client was weird!! He kept talking and talking and looking at my boobs!! I wonder if he was jealous?? I tell ya working with the public you get some odd people. I love and appreciate my clients but some of them are truly 'touched' by something!

I think I have finally figured out what to get my SS, now just have to get it and put it together and send it to......

Have a good night!!!

Ok gals... need your assistance...

DH & I are going to a "Hooray for Hollywood" Gala @ a historic theater in our town for New Year's Eve... we've NEVER gone out for NYE before (other than to friends' homes to hang out/play games)... I can't remember the last time we had to dress up... this is Black Tie & Gowns... very chi, chi (so why am I, Queen of Keds, going??)... a "Golden Age of Hollywood" theme... w/gaming, movies, dancing, cigar bar, food & drinks... it will be fun, I'm sure...

Anyhoo... the point here is... I need a "gown"!! I'm the worst at this kind of thing... want to look GOOD... I've been looking online & found this... what do you think?

Prom Dresses and Homecoming Dresses at SimplyDresses: Igigi Fiorella Lace Gown

Be honest! Any & all help/suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

Hi April banders (and others, like me, who joined a loving group of friends),

Thanks to all for the warm welcomes. Pamela, I teach Spanish y podemos escribir en español de vez en cuando, ¿no? [and we can write in Spanish from time to time, right?] ;-)

Kat, reading the story of your marriages before Rick made me want to weep for you, but here is a new friend’s ((tight hug)) and praise for not allowing your life to be what those men made for you. I just saw this quote and thought of you: “If fate means you to lose, give him a good fight anyhow.” by William McFee. You won the fight!!!

Before flute choir rehearsal this afternoon, my mother came over and helped me set up and decorate the Christmas tree. She is 83 and not really able to put up a tree herself so since my family Christmas will be at my house, she’s letting me borrow her collection of ornaments. If y’all want to get an idea of how beautiful my tree is, visit this site: www. crackerboxkits.com I promise that I have no financial interest in the company! My mother has been buying and making the kits for six years or so and has a collection of over 100. And she continues to make more! They are so beautiful and our afternoon passed sweetly as she told me the story behind each one.

Jenn, I loved the quotes you ended your post with. Thank you for sending them along to us! And come on down to SC. We do talk more slowly, but that’s so we can think of something to say that won’t be hurtful to others. At least, that’s my story.

Chocolate covered peanuts vs. an omelette…Judy, please tell me why this band is so perverse as to let the one and not the other. Granted, the one that can get down is definitely my first choice!

A Katie Couric hair-do—well, of course, he wants one since she’s such a cutie, Jane. Wow! Hope you’re feeling better by now.

TracyKS, (AKA band starter!), you don’t need to say a couple of weeks. With your tight restriction, you’ll be down 5.1 lbs. in days!

Suzie, when’s your test? You're in my heart.

Michelle, your excitement over the Secret Santa gifts is too precious! I’ll bet you are so much fun to go shopping with.

I may have missed a few posts, but it’s definitely time to haul myself off to bed. Hope each of you had a successful CTC day!

Cindy

Michelle,

It is beautiful...but...I don't care for the neck line. I am not sure about what your body type is (like for me...I am all tummy, nice ass and thighs and this tummy from hell). Since you don't go out often, you might wanna play up the girls w/ something w/ a sexy neck line. Because of my body type, I always like to play up the girls (small and perky..well, they used to be perky, now now so much). Anywho...my honest opinion (please don't be pissed at me), I'd keep looking for something smokin hot sexy. It is New Years after all. Surprise your hubby...make his jaw drop...Don't just attend the party...OWN it girl!

xoxoxoxooxox

Michelle,

I LOVE this dress! Particularly with the black lace overlay. That would cover a multitude of my faults.

Which color are your considering? From your picture in your messages, I'd think you'd go for either the natural or the red to highlight your coloring.

Cindy

Hi all----------home from Albq. looooooooong day!

Dad will have the other side carotid artery operated on the first part of January. Praying the second side goes as well as the first.

TracyK---how sad, and right at the holidays---your friends/co workers will most definitely be in my prayers.

Suzanne---a stress test--unless it is a drug induced stress test, is usually done on a treadmill. They hook you up as they do for an EKG---all the leads (you will be in your bra, and sweats, or shorts), as well as a blood pressure cuff, for monitoring everything going on. It takes place in the room with the Echo cardiogram machine. You begin walking on a flat level at a fairly low speed, for 3 minutes. Then the incline on the treadmill, and the speed picks up again for 3 minutes. Then it kicks it up to a fairly steep incline and the speed picks up again, not to a run, but to a FAST walk, long strides to keep up. At any time your heartrate goes too high---either to a cardiac problem, or simply because that is an exercise to strenuous for you then you will be stopped. When your heart rate reaches the target rate they are looking for they will have you quickly get off the treadmill, and on the table and do an echo while your heart works under stress. This shows them if the upper and lower chambers are beating in unison or not, and if all the valves are working properly. It can show whether there is backwashing blood or not, the oxygenated blood and the depleted blood will show up different colors. It cannot SHOW blocked arteries, but it will show the results of blocked arteries, and if that is a question, they will refer you for an angiogram. They will probably begin the echo while you are panting and huffing and puffing (don't worry EVERYONE I have seen have one is huffing and puffing!!!), laying on your left side, a portion of the table drops and they will use the wand (like in an ultrasound on your side to watch those valves. Then roll you to your back, and get some more pictures.

They can also do the stress test using drugs, that cause your heart to race, and then they look at it following that. They prefer to have you exercise it to that point, because as soon as you quit, you begin recovering, with the drugs, if there is a heart issue, you have to wait while they leave the system.

I will do my best to catch up on personals tomorrow.

Thanks for all the support with my life story!!! I just love being dramatic!

I will talk to you all tomorrow!

(((hugs)))

Kat

Michelle, I like the dress, I like the lines of it, and even though it is sleeveless, having a sleeve. But Pam is right about the body type thing, plus the sexy thing.......

All in all I give the dress a B+ or A-.

Jane

Tracy-- That is so Onederful, you being almsot to Onedeland. Might be your Christams present to yourself.

Ok Girls, I need your input. For the last couple of days I have been having this heaviness in my chest and felt my heart not racing but like it was pumping a little harder. Well today it just seemed to get worse so I told my Hubby about it. I decided not to go to the ER and to just see what it would do. Around noon I couldn't stand it anymore and I got a hold of the Doctor's office and they said to come in at 2:45. They said in the meantime if I needed to go to the ER to just go. So I just got home from the doctor's and told him what was happening. He asked me all kinds of questions, was I nausea, vomiting, sweating, lightheaded yadda yadda yadda. Non, no, no and so on. So I told him some times when I have to much gas built up I feel this way too but this is the first time I felt my heart beating this way. We talked about a few other things and I told him that I was seeing Dr. Malley on Monday. He than said that it could be my band pressing on my organs that is causing this. I said that I was wondering that too. Seems like when I suck in I can feel pressure in my chest and towards my back. So in the mean time he has ordered a stress test to be done. He said he doesn't think there is anything wrong with my heart but he can't tell that by just looking at me. I just had an eco-cardiogram done about 6 months ago. He needs the test done. They are supposed to be calling me here in the next hour to tell me when to report to the hospital for it. We start there and than see what has to be done next.

I told my Husband that I don't want the test done because I have heard that it hurts and that it makes you feel like you are having a heart attack. Has anyone had this doen? Can you tell me about it. I'm not really scared just a little nervous.

Tell me what you guys think.

It's not that the stress test hurts, they just make you run on a treadmill until you can't do it anymore....I did one and lasted about 5 minutes and felt like I was going to pass out LOL...had problems with my asthma for the rest of the day, but I was also about 50 lbs heavier than I am now. I'd have it done just to rule out any problems.

In response to the way your heart beats - mine does that too. The vagus nerve is there too and I notice that when I eat is when it happens most often, or when I have gas. Same thing, heart beats a little faster and harder, sometimes I feel a little nauseous but not too bad. It's weird - and I've had the whole cardiac workup and they say I'm fine!

Don't worry about it. Just take care of yourself! :)

2 things:

1st: First I feel restriction!!! Not as much as maybe I'd like, but it's DEFINITELY there! I could feel it almost as soon as I started eating today, and I had to keep at a slow pace to eat, but everything went down ok as long as I chewed slowly and took smaller bites.

2nd: I sent my Secret Santa package in the mail priority mail today! hehe, someone will have their package in 2-3 days! I love sending presents!!! I hope that they like it! :)

Good Fri Morn, Vi's~~

Thanks for the input on the dress... I love knowing that I will always get 100% honest input from you, my friends... that's what I want! My body is smaller on top than bottom... my belly/butt/thighs are gi-normous compared w/my boobs... it's a pear-shaped thing... but I do curve in @ the waist, so at least I can say I've got that going for me! I know that I definitely don't want something slinky... & I'd prefer to cover up my bat-wings (so maybe a little jacket or shawl-type thing)... whatever I wear, I'll definitely have to cram myself into some of those Spanx things... most women would love this, but it's stressful for me!! Ack! I like the red the best... I'll keep looking & will post any other "potentials"!! Thank you!!

I don't know what it is w/me lately, but I am just crazy jumpy/giddy on the inside! I think it's a combo of Christmastime being upon us, and I love getting the perfect gifts for folks, & baking, & the lights & music... + my Disney secret & thinking/planning for it... or feeling healthier than I have in ages & having more energy... whatever it is, it's nice, but also a bit disconcerting... like I'm just TOO happy/excited about life!! Better than the alternative, I guess!! (But it does tend to make me silly!!)

Time to get moving & start the day... make it a great one, Vi's!

CINDY!!!! First of all, WELCOME!! So glad you decided to join us! I visited the Crackerbox website and was blown over by the beautiful ornaments!!! The website, sadly, does not give any indication of what kind of skills are required for putting them together!? Obviously they look incredibly difficult....are they? I'd LOVE to try one!!! Gosh, your tree must look amazing!!! My company gives me a Swarovski snowflake ornament every year and I think I've got 8 or 9 now. Now we give them as gifts to several of the younger couples in our family so their collection will grow. They, too, rise in value every year...but nothing close to the Crackerbox ornaments!!! So cool!!

TracyK - I've got the day off today for shopping, too! I haven't bought one thing either. Not one. Don't know why I haven't been just making beads for everyone!? Well, I do know....NO TIME!

I'm going to the grocery store later today and I've vowed to myself that I WILL NOT BUY ONE FORBIDDEN ITEM. I usually buy 'treats' for the kids....like Toaster Streudel or cinnamon rolls or ice cream....but it's not good for them either!! Then they go back to their dad's and I finish off the ice cream!! I WILL NOT BUY JUNK, I WILL NOT BUY JUNK, I WILL NOT BUY JUNK. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Sorry I haven't been around. Things will slow down considerably after the middle of the month and I'll be back to posting regularly again.

Mom is doing so much better than she was a month ago. She's much stronger....the PT and OT are doing wonders...as well as the fact that she's getting 3 squares a day and cleaning her plate each meal! She looks good. I'd give her outlook a 6 out of 10, though....she seems a bit depressed, but OK. Could be worse. Thanks for keeping us in your prayers.

I'm starting to worry a little bit about my 14 yr old daughter. She told me the other day that she wants to become a vegetarian because she wants to "lose some of her muscle mass". Shit!!! She's 5'8" and weighs 130 and wears a size 5. I think she's upset because last year she wore a size 0 and is not getting the relationship between getting taller, 'becoming a woman', etc, and needing larger sizes. She knows she's not "fat" but apparently wants to be smaller....so in her mind she needs to lose muscle mass. OMG!! I've pounded good nutrition principles into these kids' heads since they were toddlers!! Is she crazy??? I'll keep a close eye on her. She does love milk so I'll keep pouring that down her throat.

I've got lots to do today, girls.... I hope you all can be patient with me during my busy time and not think I'm just being a snot! Frankly, I'm feeling a little crazy and just trying to keep it all together.

Love you all!