Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Denise! What a relief to know that your NOT crazy! ............. :)

I hope they miscalculated the fill or something easy!

I am a little stressed............... work stuff........... but I have managed to CUT THE CRAP today! Suzie: Thank god there isn't a box of chocolates near me....... with my stress level right now.. they would be history! Now I've just got to make it through the evening...............

Wow--I am exhausted!!! We had a really nice time. Fixed her favorites---meat lasagna, and roasted veggies, with garlic bread and salad. Then the requisite cake (she wanted more of the Paula Deen Gooey butter toffee cake--it truly was yummy, but way rich!) and ice cream. I made a deal with myself, eat a salad, and some veggies, and then I could have whatever I could fit in!! I ate my salad, about 4 bites of lasagna and about 2 of cake---and I was done!!

Kinsey was thrilled, because she helped with it all! I could have cut veggies in a quarter of the time, but we cut them together (sharp knife) and it was slow going! And I let her pick out some of those super soft slipper socks for her Mama, and a Bracelet, and she wanted to buy her a box of chocolate covered cherries! So I let her go to town with the wrapping paper and the tape! Which one did her Mama go all happy over??? The candy!! She was so proud of herself!

We all had a good time, now it is done! I will be glad when tomorrow comes, and I am not rushing around to do it then!

Everyone left pretty early, Lindzie has school tomorrow, and everyone has work. So I got to come by and check on you!

Terry---looking back at my measurements and weight---since last Thanksgiving---I have lost 38 pounds and over 20 additional inches. And I am not done.....just slowed!

It has been a year of what I consider very normal eating. If I could eat like this, without worry of PB, and lose at this slow rate, or maintain for life, I would be one helluva happy camper! I cannot remember when I had issues with eating last, if I pay attention. I feel normal, I eat and live without even thinking of the band anymore. I know I have it, but this is normal to me now. Small meals, slow...it is normal. If I was not on here so much, I truly think I could go awhile without ever being focused on having a band.

This is the life I never dreamed I could have!

Sitting here trying to get my hair to dry---so I can go to bed!

Will check in after my Dr. tomorrow!

((((hugs))))

Kat

OMG Kat, 38lbs in a year, that is great.. If I could lose that in a year I would be at my goal - so there is hope

I think I am at the next head game stage. I'm kind of stuck, still in a size 16, not loosing not going to the gym, and then I think... I should be happy, I am right where my Dr. told me I would be at a 50% loss.... and I told him I would be ok with that... but guess what... I AM NOT HAPPY WITH IT.

I am going to get my shit together one way or another and start and end December with a bang.

hugs all

off to bring my mom to the airport

It only works out to about 3 pounds a month--BUT--I am such a slouch in the winter months! I hate the cold, I stay in the house and eat more! I would bet good money I lost all but less than 10 pounds of that through the Spring and early summer, when my motivation returned, and the WANT to be outside, and doing something was there. Hoping the same happens this year, and I will be at goal! That and a TT would make Kat a very happy girl!!!

Kat

Good Morning, Violets..

Ethan has arrived so my day has started. I have a flute rehearsal at 1, a church meeting at 4:30 and choir at 6. So much for my day. At least I'll keep busy and not cooped up in the house thinking about food!

I really enjoyed Dancing with the Stars last night. I wish Mel could have won cause she's the better dancer, but I'm happy with Helio too. It was a really fun season to watch.

Hope everyone has a great day. I miss hearing from everyone each day.. Seems we are not all posting like before, but I'm sure it's the holiday rush that has us all preoccupied. I certainly hope it isn't because we feel too guilty to post. We are all here for each other.. just like in marriage.. in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer.. up a pound and down a pound.

TTFN!!

Hey Violets~

I posted this in another thread on "issues" and thought I'd share w/ you. Of course there were some people (the usual suspects actually) who disagreed. Whether you agree or not is not my intention. I know some of us are struggling and if you've popped around this site...many people are struggling now. I've read lots of threads about "food addictions", "why do I do this to myself", and the like. Again, this is just my opinion...and I am doing and knowing what works for me. Thought I'd share!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Sorry folks, but we all have issues. I began therapy because of the band...and I have learned so much. If you've eaten yourself to need WLS...you have issues. It is ok. Your not alone.

Mainly "issues" come from something long ago in our past. I was not abused, or tramatized or anything else. But (without going into my personal stuff) from something that occured over time when I was 5 or 6 years old, I've developed control issues. As a result, and this really goes for all "over eaters" or "food addiction" people...we comfort ourselves w/ food.

What is the difference between a person w/ food addiction issues and drug issues. We are all trying to mask our true feeling about something. The euphoria (sp) we get from food is the same as a drug for people. Our's just looks better on the outside.

I was in therapy today and actually spent an hour talking about this just subject. My question to him was..."ok, I've got control issues and for 40 years I've used food to comfort and sooth. NOW WHAT" I don't wanna be on the couch for life. I wanna learn new strategies and skills and get on. I don't wanna replace one addiction for another (although being an exercise junkie would not be too bad). I would STILL have my feelings and "issues"...always. It is when I deal w/ them head on that I will mend. No, this is not a quick fix either...it will take time.

We can say, "I don't have "issues", and you may really believe that. But you do if you use (d) food to feel better. My last piece of advice is if you seek out some professional help, don't waste your time w/ a counselor. If you can afford it talk w/ a psychologist. I didn't even know about what happened in my childhood...and he implemented a battery of tests that helped me pin point things.

If you disagree with my post...fine. I am just trying to honestly help someone who may need it.

We are in this together. rolleyes.gif

I know I do have issues..... who the hell knows what it stems from... I wasn't abused in any way, my mom has battled her weight for her entire life. My dad is thin and so is my sister. My sister has my moms personality of being non combative and a door mat, and my dad is a hard ass, harder headed, short term Marine (during Veitnam)......... My mother tells me that I'm just like him........ :D go figure...... I used to race him at the dinner table with eating......... and I only realized in the last year or two that it was all in my head and no one else even KNEW I was racing them..... (seriously, I really thought EVERYONE was in on it) so I'm a speed eater... it is a habbit I deal with daily.... every single solitary PB that I have is due to eating to fast and to big of bites........ anyway.... that is ONE of my issues..... :eek:

The scale finally headed in the right direction this morning.... 209........... now I just gotta get back the 205.... and the ever ellusive ONEderland.

I have a busy work day (at least during the morning) so I'll check in later.

I made soupy chili last night, so that is my lunch........... and before heading to work I am making chicken catchatorie in the crock pot.... (recipe off a seasoning packet) we shall see.. I am getting real tired of ground beef meals...... and since DH only other meat is boneless chickenbreast I'm experimenting.

I THINK.. restriction is back because I am a lot tighter this morning than I have been in the last month.. HOPEFULLY this fill will get me to ONEderland........

;) WWJD

I do.................:)

Kat

I now pronounce you woman and lapband. What your surgeon has joined, let no one put asunder.

Pamela

I agree, I was not abused, my parents fighting was what it was but, what has come about since being banded is that all the kids teasing me about my weight when I was in 1st grade was the beginning, then i gained and gained and by 8th grade they just picked on me for nothing... I even changed schools so I didn't' have to go to high school with those same kids, I just covered it up and just told my mother about all this in May when I had a breakdown.

I use to use sex as feeling good about myself because someone wanted me... this is what I have been working through over the last month, and it it changing me. and I think that is part of my problem right now, and holidays, and so cold i don't want to leave. It is hard work attacking issues and this one is a tough one for me

Terry - I think reading that book is helping me through this phase. THANK YOU

Judy - I've noticed how quiet too and was wondering the same thing

My doctor spouted out the statistics (35-50% weight loss). And when he did (he wanted me to do RnY but I was soo hell bent on lap band), I said.. I will break those statistics and make you a believer in the lap-band! (He had RnY himself, and said if his daughter wanted bariatric surgery he would prefer her get RnY). So anyway.. I told the nurse too (who ALSO had RnY) that I am confident I will lose as much as any RnY patient. They said I was a good candidate because I'll work for it. I just need to find that girl again. I'm so lax. I'm making better decisions one step at a time. Yesterday I was so hungry I thought I'd faint.. we didnt eat b'fast or lunch.. went to grocery store on way home from work.. didn't have my first bite of food till about 7pm.. meatloaf & mashed potatos. I ate about 2 cups total of food, slowly. Had a fruit leather for snack around 8:30.. and then had a 1/2 handful of fritos for my late night snacking.. Today started better, DH stopped at McDonalds on the way to work (first time this has ever happened) to get b'fast.. I got the big breakfast.. just wanted sausage and eggs.. gave him my potato cake thing and threw away the biscuit. We have bowling tonight, which according to charts burns lots of calories. Yay.